Anyone see any problems with the site?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Bookworm

Anyone see any problems with the site?

Post by Bookworm »

At least one person is seeing a 'threat blocked' message on the site. Anyone here notice anything?

BW
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
TazManiac

Re: Anyone see any problems with the site?

Post by TazManiac »

Currently logging in from a funky Android phone, no problems. Will check deeper from real computer in an hour or so...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I'm not seeing anything just clicking around, but this is the only thread I've opened. Logging in from a Win7 desktop running Chrome.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Not the forum, the main web site. (The comic)

Thanks!
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. I just browsed the forum with a new version of Firefox, and NoScript threw up a whole series of warnings about possible cross-site scripting issues:

Code: Select all

NoScript detected a potential Cross-Site Scripting attack

from https://8666735.fls.doubleclick.net to https://adservice.google.com.

Suspicious data:

(URL) https://adservice.google.com/ddm/fls/i/src=8666735;type=count0;cat=etsy_00;ord=1;num=6959188491024;gtm=2wgas3;gclaw=Cj0KCQiAlIXfBRCpARIsAKvManw0KPLWbRX0xHM6mCrdT4ZBfoiMHVIhrVc0_c2493AFxUMqNRMvVq0aAvZDEALw_wcB;gac=UA-2409779-1:Cj0KCQiAlIXfBRCpARIsAKvManw0KPLWbRX0xHM6mCrdT4ZBfoiMHVIhrVc0_c2493AFxUMqNRMvVq0aAvZDEALw_wcB;auiddc=224601036.1537496656;u2=qnkeZ8DbKF5lYO6n5ofaLsEsCpIy;_dc_1=1;~oref=https://www.etsy.com/
Not seeing anything going on at the main site, though.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

TazManiac wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 pm Currently logging in from a funky Android phone, no problems. Will check deeper from real computer in an hour or so...
Well, I just landed along the way (Starbucks) where I can crack open the laptop and I don't see anything, at first blush.

BUT... Is ko-fi.com a legitimate part of the Main Web Site?

I'll did a little deeper, prob, (but I got'a repair the iron horse first).
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 am BUT... Is ko-fi.com a legitimate part of the Main Web Site?
I think that's Paul's "buy me a cup of coffee" widget. It did show up in the NoScript list of page references when I looked last night... not sure if that's a new thing, as NoScript was just updated to an entirely new UI display.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Not seeing a thing here on FF and Chrome - FF has adblocking, Chrome does not in case something was getting filtered.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Only thing I'm getting is the "Not Secure" notification because it's HTTP not HTTPS.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Kofi is legitimate. The doubleclick to Google thing is odd. I know that Paul doesn't actually want to use Doubleclick, but it may be that there's some sort of weird deal between google and doubleclick going on.

I'll pass it along.