A present for...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, starkruzr, Wapsi

Post Reply
Warrl
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

A present for...

Post by Warrl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am

all you ex-military, or otherwise involved in agencies that try to bureaucratize every aspect of life...

http://skippyslist.com/2007/07/09/cephalopod-surprise/

Alkarii
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: A present for...

Post by Alkarii » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 am

That guy is a genius, but I bet the battalion commander HATED him for that.
Does it ever occur to anyone else that maybe funhouses would not be a good place to live?

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6490
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: A present for...

Post by Dave » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:01 am


User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3608
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: A present for...

Post by GlytchMeister » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 pm

That... is hilarious.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
DinkyInky
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am
Location: Where there's more than Corn.
Contact:

Re: A present for...

Post by DinkyInky » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am

Warrl wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am
all you ex-military, or otherwise involved in agencies that try to bureaucratize every aspect of life...

http://skippyslist.com/2007/07/09/cephalopod-surprise/
There is no such thing as "ex-military".

That said, Skippy is a magnificent #@$&@%¢!

Having friends and family in the military over the decades, their stories are rife with this sort of beautiful nonsense, and I'm endlessly amused by it.

For some odd reason, I want to make a plushie version of this.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir

User avatar
Bookworm
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: A present for...

Post by Bookworm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:03 pm

DinkyInky wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am
Warrl wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am
all you ex-military, or otherwise involved in agencies that try to bureaucratize every aspect of life...

http://skippyslist.com/2007/07/09/cephalopod-surprise/
There is no such thing as "ex-military".

That said, Skippy is a magnificent #@$&@%¢!

Having friends and family in the military over the decades, their stories are rife with this sort of beautiful nonsense, and I'm endlessly amused by it.

For some odd reason, I want to make a plushie version of this.
'Ex-Military' "Discharged with extreme prejudice".
Still in the military - "Resident in Leavenworth"

There are LOTS of people that are ex-military. In general, only the Marines pull that "Once a marine, always a marine" stunt. My father doesn't claim he's still an AF Desk Jockey, and my Grandfather just wanted to forget about France and Germany.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

User avatar
DinkyInky
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am
Location: Where there's more than Corn.
Contact:

Re: A present for...

Post by DinkyInky » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Bookworm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:03 pm
DinkyInky wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am
Warrl wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am
all you ex-military, or otherwise involved in agencies that try to bureaucratize every aspect of life...

http://skippyslist.com/2007/07/09/cephalopod-surprise/
There is no such thing as "ex-military".

That said, Skippy is a magnificent #@$&@%¢!

Having friends and family in the military over the decades, their stories are rife with this sort of beautiful nonsense, and I'm endlessly amused by it.

For some odd reason, I want to make a plushie version of this.
'Ex-Military' "Discharged with extreme prejudice".
Still in the military - "Resident in Leavenworth"

There are LOTS of people that are ex-military. In general, only the Marines pull that "Once a marine, always a marine" stunt. My father doesn't claim he's still an AF Desk Jockey, and my Grandfather just wanted to forget about France and Germany.
My Father and his brother, both Vietnam vets, both drafted, Dad was Army MASH(stationed in Seoul) and my Uncle was in the jungle. They both claim they're still in, because they'll never be able to leave.

Ditto my Stepfather, who was drafted, in the Army, toured Vietnam, and rather decorated(though he refuses to collect them). He says that you're always a soldier, and to #@$?%&¢ own it so that those yet to come can get the help when they need it, because many don't come back, even though they're technically home.

My Godfather was part of what became later known as the SEALs during the Korean conflict, and I suspect the one earlier, but presently I can't yet bring myself to look up his service record. He also says a version of that.

Note that none of the above were Marines.

So you see, I think there's more than one mindset regarding that...

...those that have some heavy trauma, and mentally can't leave their service behind, those that are proud of serving for the better good, no matter what, and some who own it for the betterment of future vets.

So yeah really, don't say ex-military. The above VFW's prefer you say "late of {insert branch they served in}" to ex-military for their own reasons.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir

Post Reply