City Without Seasons

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: City Without Seasons

Post by GlytchMeister »

yeah, the approach we took in the fanfics was “hey this is a cool universe let’s play in it!”

And then we kinda proceeded to wreak havoc, but it was fun. It’s become something of an extended alternate universe.

We all kinda moderate each other, and that works pretty ok with us, less so with others, for a variety of reasons... Some being merely preferential, some others being more... integral to the continuation of the fanfic EAU, the health of the relationships between authors, and the protection of everyone’s IP and other big stuff like that.

Regarding “off the rails”... heh. What are these “rails” you speak of?

Not sure if you’d like to see if that’s something you’d be interested in playing around in. We’ve got most everything in the Fan Art section. It’s all out of order because comments and because we have a bit of trouble writing everything in order, but there’s a thread somewhere in there with an index that should get you started. Please note, our writing has evolved quite a bit since those first stories, so even if you find yourself cringing (I know I cringed a few times at my own stuff from back then), I would personally say it’s still very much worth reading.

We’re currently working on several ambitious projects of our own and IRL keeps throwing curveballs, to explain the lack of recent activity.

So yeah. If you want, read up, then maybe PM an idea at us and perhaps we can work together, if you think you’d like to do a story with a semi-planned plot. Not so heavy on RPG elements like alignment classifications, just... prose.

Sorry if I kinda crushed a dream here. Hope you enjoy the writing we’ve done.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

GlytchMeister wrote:yeah, the approach we took in the fanfics was “hey this is a cool universe let’s play in it!”

And then we kinda proceeded to wreak havoc, but it was fun. It’s become something of an extended alternate universe.

We all kinda moderate each other, and that works pretty ok with us, less so with others, for a variety of reasons... Some being merely preferential, some others being more... integral to the continuation of the fanfic EAU, the health of the relationships between authors, and the protection of everyone’s IP and other big stuff like that.

Regarding “off the rails”... heh. What are these “rails” you speak of?

Not sure if you’d like to see if that’s something you’d be interested in playing around in. We’ve got most everything in the Fan Art section. It’s all out of order because comments and because we have a bit of trouble writing everything in order, but there’s a thread somewhere in there with an index that should get you started. Please note, our writing has evolved quite a bit since those first stories, so even if you find yourself cringing (I know I cringed a few times at my own stuff from back then), I would personally say it’s still very much worth reading.

We’re currently working on several ambitious projects of our own and IRL keeps throwing curveballs, to explain the lack of recent activity.

So yeah. If you want, read up, then maybe PM an idea at us and perhaps we can work together, if you think you’d like to do a story with a semi-planned plot. Not so heavy on RPG elements like alignment classifications, just... prose.

Sorry if I kinda crushed a dream here. Hope you enjoy the writing we’ve done.
You're kind of missing the point. There's a difference between roleplay and fanfiction; that being, all users have to agree to abide by something.

This is why I look to Pablo for the ultimate answer, despite the fact he's busy with real life. There's a difference between fanfiction and communal roleplaying.

No, I do not intend to "read up". No, you haven't "crushed a dream". You are speaking of an entirely different topic than others. Similar, but different.
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

TheOKTVSet wrote:
No, I do not intend to "read up". No, you haven't "crushed a dream". You are speaking of an entirely different topic than others. Similar, but different.
Actually, I think you're missing the point - that being that folks here are not overly endowed with time to spend on such an endeavour - especially if you intend a 'hands-off' policy and want someone else to do the work for you. he quite considerable amount of labour involved in keeping that running is not a subject to be lightly dismissed.

There are striking parallels to the work that Glytchmeister was speaking of, in that it requires a considerable commitment of time and resources to do anything worthwhile.

I do wish you luck, though.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

To understand it, you would have to at least glance at the fanfic.

We literally took our months of RP chats in PM and typed it all out longform instead of just posting the chatlogs so others could see the silliness.

So yeah, quite a lot of us have been doing this for a few years.

Mods can't really have a hands-off approach, nor be casual visitors. Some of us are parents, grandparents, juggle full-time jobs, or just barely got out of a hella stressful career and moved halfway across the nation to destress.

Do you have a set game-system you're using(like Legend)? Is this a die/roll20 platform, is it true rpg, open world, storytellers Video LARP?

It's very thin on the necessary details needed to gather enough interest.

Also, alignments tend to get quite subjective here.

If you are going to make bases for the canon characters NPC archetypes and power pool, however, you'd need to get the creators input for that, as they have changed a lot since inception, and depending on where to where in the canon timeline you set it.
I'm probably going to have to ask him about a couple of points myself since the skip to my Lou Scooby doo occurred.

Playable characters should fit in clearly defined alignment sets to have a smooth system. I find one bad GM can make or break an alignment based system, and I often will do campaigns without their use because the GM doesn't define what constitutes an alignment change.

I guess what I'm asking is what exactly are you trying to set up here, and what exactly, in bullet point, do you need from the fandom?

Please be including what days of the week and times of day you need for running this, so anyone that actually can play, will see and chime in.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

DinkyInky wrote:To understand it, you would have to at least glance at the fanfic.

We literally took our months of RP chats in PM and typed it all out longform instead of just posting the chatlogs so others could see the silliness.
I have been a fan of the series since it started. I am not trying to replace anything. Stop being defensive, and acknowledge that I failed to recgnoize the previous group.

So yeah, quite a lot of us have been doing this for a few years.
Zehr gut! I didndn't see that/ THis is is my fault, and and admit it.

Mods can't really have a hands-off approach, nor be casual visitors. Some of us are parents, grandparents, juggle full-time jobs, or just barely got out of a hella stressful career and moved halfway across the nation to destress.
Herein I become aggressive. Mods have to, in a message board, maintain consistency Be it from grammatical bullshit to canonical bullshit. the mods have a duty to observe whhast goes on in the group. Your statement a[[[;ies a freefoform of all, and that is faulty. Pyour is no order.
Do you have a set game-system you're using(like Legend)? Is this a die/roll20 platform, is it true rpg, open world, storytellers Video LARP?

It's very thin on the necessary details needed to gather enough interest.

Also, alignments tend to get quite subjective here.

If you are going to make bases for the canon characters NPC archetypes and power pool, however, you'd need to get the creators input for that, as they have changed a lot since inception, and depending on where to where in the canon timeline you set it.
I'm probably going to have to ask him about a couple of points myself since the skip to my Lou Scooby doo occurred.

Playable characters should fit in clearly defined alignment sets to have a smooth system. I find one bad GM can make or break an alignment based system, and I often will do campaigns without their use because the GM doesn't define what constitutes an alignment change.

I guess what I'm asking is what exactly are you trying to set up here, and what exactly, in bullet point, do you need from the fandom?

Please be including what days of the week and times of day you need for running this, so anyone that actually can play, will see and chime in.
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

My point is not to acquire mods. It is to acquire a conglomeration of individuals that wish to engage in the universe Pablo creatred.

I make that statrement insofar that we are not trying to creaste new characters; the one rrule is that I hoped to create new fashions, much as that which followwed tghe timeskip.

You are welcome to judge, but this is a astrictly OC situation. There is, by nature of moderator, no non-original character. The goal of of appolication is to to ensure that no indivvidhual is overpowered. We do not need Jagur Girls, etc.

I am not trying to cryeate something new; I am trying to create something to participate in.

I am sorry, but your statement is invalid insofar as the goal of this thread.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

You have a pretty strict set of rules set up with that ratings range, further stated specifically no Canon types in-game, and also you had asked specifically for mods in earlier posts.

That alone invalidates your entire statement of keeping it loose and open.

Without moderation, you can't keep a min/max'er out.

This is exactly why I asked for clarification, which you still haven't answered for the most part.

For an example, one of the RPG's I do is a mostly dice-less version of the Storytellers RPG(World of Darkness).
Killing a character(which hasn't been done yet), is the only dice-required combat action. It's pretty much straight up rp, as we've not had heavy combat yet, mostly figured out sneaky ways of getting the NPC's to do the work for us. It's got a set of base rules on how your lifepool and magic are, which are used up based on rp skills instead of dice.

I've also done rp in probably one of the most well-known MMORPG, EverQuest. Met several members from here in EQ in fact, am RL friends with some of them as well.
I also used to tabletop RPG(AD&D, WoD, etcetera), LARP, Ren Faires before I became a parent.

I personally have nearly thirty years experience with RPG's, and most of the usual suspects have years if not decades of experience with RP, and would like to know what is involved to play.

Unfortunately, invalidating such a request isn't going to garner you many players.

Still interested to know what you are looking for if you are seriously looking to rp.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir