Forum upgrade going to happen

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Forum upgrade going to happen

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:One other thing I'd like to see in WSF 2.0 - the ability to use keyboard shortcuts in posts. Right now, Ctrl+B opens my bookmarks instead of starting bold formatting.
Did you ever try ALT-B, or ALT-I, or ALT-U, instead?

Code: Select all

ALT-C
works,
  • ALT-L
, to start a list (though I suspect you will have to click "List=" separately, if you want to use a specific kind of list (numeric, alphabetic), and the same with the Asterisk, for list items. And since ALT-U already serves to underline, you'll have to click on the button to add a URL. And I don't suspect there would have been an easy way to select color or font size, so you'll have to use your mouse for those, too. Don't try to use ALT and Q, either, for a quote, as it will close your browser... :roll:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:One other thing I'd like to see in WSF 2.0 - the ability to use keyboard shortcuts in posts. Right now, Ctrl+B opens my bookmarks instead of starting bold formatting.
Did you ever try ALT-B, or ALT-I, or ALT-U, instead?

Code: Select all

ALT-C
works,
  • ALT-L
, to start a list (though I suspect you will have to click "List=" separately, if you want to use a specific kind of list (numeric, alphabetic), and the same with the Asterisk, for list items. And since ALT-U already serves to underline, you'll have to click on the button to add a URL. And I don't suspect there would have been an easy way to select color or font size, so you'll have to use your mouse for those, too. Don't try to use ALT and Q, either, for a quote, as it will close your browser... :roll:
Newp. That brings up my bookmarks.

PHP and Firefox don't apparently get along.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:Newp. That brings up my bookmarks.

PHP and Firefox don't apparently get along.
Sorry. All I can say is that it works in Chrome. And out of curiosity, I just checked in Firefox, and I get your result: bookmarks, or nothing (i.e. bookmark with ALT-B, nothing for the other ones I mentioned previously...) so it might not be so much a forum software issue, but a browser issue. (I'm not going to check into other browsers, since I don't happen to have any other installed...)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I have to delay a bit. I'm going to have to physically go to the system, as SSH, for some reason, has turned off. Everything else is functioning, so I'm not driving there tonight.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.