Lost a bunch of photos (plus other files)

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Lost a bunch of photos (plus other files)

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Bookworm wrote:https://www.datasaversllc.com - that should take you there. Data Savers, LLC.
Mercer University Drive.
Ummm. I think i already talked to them and they were in the $400 - 1600 range like the rest...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Bookworm wrote:https://www.datasaversllc.com - that should take you there. Data Savers, LLC.
Mercer University Drive.
Ummm. I think i already talked to them and they were in the $400 - 1600 range like the rest...
The difference is that they're a flat fee. They don't play the 'it's X per megabyte' yadda-yadda. It's a flat fee based on hard drive size, and whether they have to crack the hard drive open. The drive I had to have recovered was a 500 gig, and I was expecting to pay for the 'class b' service, and even pre-paid for that. They charged for the class A, as they managed to fire the drive up without opening it.

I've seen some of the data recovery companies jack their prices into the 2000-5000 range if they consider it 'difficult' - even if it's the same equipment they use for a simple job.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Bookworm wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Mercer University Drive.
The difference is that they're a flat fee. They don't play the 'it's X per megabyte' yadda-yadda. It's a flat fee based on hard drive size, and whether they have to crack the hard drive open. The drive I had to have recovered was a 500 gig, and I was expecting to pay for the 'class b' service, and even pre-paid for that. They charged for the class A, as they managed to fire the drive up without opening it.
Hmmm.

Maybe i didn't talk to them, because all the people i talked to (four or five companies) sounded exactly the same.

I'll check
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Bookworm wrote:I've seen some of the data recovery companies jack their prices into the 2000-5000 range if they consider it 'difficult' - even if it's the same equipment they use for a simple job.
"I had to put down my beer and use both hands to do it!"