Doctor Who - Twice Upon a Time

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Doctor Who - Twice Upon a Time

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Okay.

That was just EVIL.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: Doctor Who - Twice Upon a Time

Post by jwhouk »

Oh, brilliant.

(Yes, I admit, I had to have captions on to catch that the second time...)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Has Steven Moffat been taking cliffhanger lessons from somebody we know?

And, yeah, that little identity reveal was rather brilliant. Surely not a coincidence, but since it was the Doctors who were responsible for the situation happening at all, who else could it possibly have been?

And when the first few words of the verse was sung, I remembered the stories, and I knew just when and where they were, and I got chills, and I started to cry. Of all the crazy, magical, mixed-up moments that our sorry-and-brilliant race has ever been through, that one particular day stands out as exceptional.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I don't know what station carries Dr. Who over here, but I'm pretty sure I don't have it on my basic cable subscription. I watched Dr. Who on Netflix, while it was on there, but it stopped shortly after that older actor (Cappali?) became the doctor, and eventually, Dr. Who was taken off Netflix.

I recently noticed a listing in the cinema listings for this Dr. Who special, so I looked it up. I could go see it Wednesday, between my two work shifts. But reading the previous posts, I am now wondering if I'll understand what's going on, if I've missed the last one (or more, I don't know how far it's progressed) season of Dr. Who...

Should I wait until I can find a way to catch up on the latest seasons, before watching the latest special?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:And when the first few words of the verse was sung, I remembered the stories, and I knew just when and where they were, and I got chills, and I started to cry. Of all the crazy, magical, mixed-up moments that our sorry-and-brilliant race has ever been through, that one particular day stands out as exceptional.
The brilliant-though-obtuse anti-war musical film "O What a Lovely War"* has an extended sequence portraying the Christmas Armistice.

==================

* Which uses the songs actually sung by the troops - "Over There" ends "and we won't come back, we'll be buried over there", and a French chanteuse sings "adieu la vie" [La Chanson de Craonne] for a bunch of soldiers - a song the singing of which was considewred treasonous, and which was banned in France until the mid-70s... {Find that song here}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:And when the first few words of the verse was sung, I remembered the stories, and I knew just when and where they were, and I got chills, and I started to cry. Of all the crazy, magical, mixed-up moments that our sorry-and-brilliant race has ever been through, that one particular day stands out as exceptional.
The brilliant-though-obtuse anti-war musical film "O What a Lovely War"* has an extended sequence portraying the Christmas Armistice.

==================

* Which uses the songs actually sung by the troops - "Over There" ends "and we won't come back, we'll be buried over there", and a French chanteuse sings "adieu la vie" [La Chanson de Craonne] for a bunch of soldiers - a song the singing of which was considewred treasonous, and which was banned in France until the mid-70s... {Find that song here}
Extra History did a marvelous short on the WW I Christmas Armistice of 1914