money worries

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

money worries

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Quoting from an e-mail i just sent:
the HR department at the county set her up for short-term disability, which has now run out, and told her that she would automatically be transitioned to long-term disability when that ran out.

they lied.

giving them the benefit of the doubt, they may not have known.

so the short-term has run out, and, talking to kate's case manager at Cigna, it may be the end of january before we see any7 more money.

and rent and car payments and water bills and electric bills and insurance payments and storage payments don't take a holiday because you don't have any income.
this is gonna be interesting.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Re: money worries

Post by Typeminer »

Yeah, interesting.

When you see the money, will they cover the gap, or just pick up coverage going forward?

Hope you're fixed to weather this.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Typeminer wrote:When you see the money, will they cover the gap, or just pick up coverage going forward?
It'll cover it.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hopefully you can convince everyone to lay off until you get the money. I’ve had to do that with a few bills in the past - in my experience, explaining the situation and sounding sufficiently harried and apologetic will get you a month, or at least let you pay a little bit and then pay the rest later.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

You should be able to get a document to that effect to send around to your creditors.
AnotherFairportfan

A thought. We'll see.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Yea, a polite call to the utilities can generally get you some slack, especially since you've been regular as the mail (a saying from the days when that was actually true) for how long now? Explain that right now, you're in a bind, but it should all be worked out next month when the benefits kick in. Should be able to pay up, if not completely in full, then in installments to catch up. When you're explaining in advance what is likely to happen, and explain you have every intent of actually paying your bills, they can be quite reasonable. Sometimes.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

FYI - anybody you contact to get an extension or partial payment agreement, document it: who when what exactly etc. This is the stuff that can come back later and bite you. I had a go round with a late mortgage payment. Clerk X accepted a partial (75%) payment over the phone, but Clerk Y later said full amount or nothing. Blah blah blah...

Paperwork is your friend. Print out your e-mails. Good luck!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Follow-up to Atomic; it can help to have a clipboard right next to the landline and/or on the home office desk that is used to log and document these calls.

'One hand on the Phone, one hand on the Pencil...'.

And it's not just about keeping them honest, it's also to help in keeping one's own stuff straight too.