"Large enough for the King to read without his spectacles"?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

"Large enough for the King to read without his spectacles"?

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

8.5 x 11"

11 x 17"

This house has three doors, and one of them is what would be, in other circumstances, probably considered the "front door".

However, in the almost nine years we have lived here, it has never been opened. {It is, in fact, not accessible from the inside...}

One would think that the leaves and such strewn on the step up to it and the fact that there is no pathway leading to it through a rather unkempt part of the lawn would be a clue.

Apparently not.

Some years ago, i made the sign visible in the first two photos above (you can guess at how many "some" is by how faded it is.)

However, in the last few months, we have had packages dropped there by both FedEx and UPS drivers.

Not only do we not use that door, we seldom go on that side of the house, so it was just luck both times that we spotted them.

Well, when it happened again on 1 November, i decided that enough is more than a gracious plenty, and i took the first two pictures above, printed them, and headed down to UPS to complain. If UPS, FedEx or the USPS does it again, i'll do the same for them.

I also decided that perhaps - just perhaps - the notice was faded enough for the drivers to have difficulty noticing.

Or perhaps it was too small.

So i made another.

{The first two pictures at the top were printed and hand-delivered at the local UPS hub.}
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Re: "Large enough for the King to read without his spectacle

Post by GlytchMeister »

“You are not authorised to view, download or link from/to this site.”
(Image links broken)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

GlytchMeister wrote:“You are not authorized to view, download or link from/to this site.”
(Image links broken)

Confirmed. (And I'm wearing Spectacles too...)
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:“You are not authorised to view, download or link from/to this site.”
(Image links broken)
Ah. No problem.

I see them fine, because i am...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

OK, I've figured out why y'all aren't authorized to see the images. This is the first time someone has tried to hotlink an image from the ComfyCouch since I did the last phpBB software update. Instead of simply serving images directly from a directory on my site, phpBB calls on a subroutine page (file,php). Used to be, I could copy an image location from my board and post the location here, but that no longer appears to be supported. Right now, I can view the images above, but that's only because I'm logged in to my board.
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:OK, I've figured out why y'all aren't authorized to see the images. This is the first time someone has tried to hotlink an image from the ComfyCouch since I did the last phpBB software update. Instead of simply serving images directly from a directory on my site, phpBB calls on a subroutine page (file,php). Used to be, I could copy an image location from my board and post the location here, but that no longer appears to be supported. Right now, I can view the images above, but that's only because I'm logged in to my board.
Actually, by the time you said that, i had or was in the process of linking to them on my webpage server.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

and here I thought I either wasn't Kingly Enough or I wasn't Squinting hard enough...

btw- most 'toss & run' delivery guys are only too happy to just key in on your use of a sign and/or their name to think it's a fine and dandy landing zone for a smooth 'toss & run' and back on the route type situation.

Methinks they might not even try and actually read the sign, even a little bit...
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:Methinks they might not even try and actually read the sign, even a little bit...
After i deliver a few more pieces of photo evidence of mishandling to their supervisors {and next time UPS pulls it, i'm gonna insist on speaking DIRECTLY with said supervisor} that will likely change.

I'm retired. I have time to make a serious nuisance of myself.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Huzaaah!