Final arrangements for my mother-in-law

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Final arrangements for my mother-in-law

Post by lake_wrangler »

I wasn't really going to mention anything, as I am a fairly quiet, private guy... But this is different.

My mother-in-law passed away last Thursday, in Croydon, PA, from a cardiac arrest. She had made some preparations for the funerals, but apparently it does not cover everything. My wife started a GoFundMe campaign to help raise the funds needed to properly bury her mom, rather than have the State cremate her, which is something her mom did not want.

So if you can spare a few dollars, I would really appreciate the gesture. I hope we can raise the total amount quickly, before it's too late and the State takes over.

https://www.gofundme.com/7j29za-lay-my-mom-to-rest

If you can't, I understand. I'm just a semi-stranger on an internet forum, one who doesn't even bother answering other threads where people share their own difficulties (mostly because I don't have much to say that would not sound trite, in such situations...)

God bless!
DinkyInky

Re: Final arrangements for my mother-in-law

Post by DinkyInky »

Still dealing with my own losses, which is why I'm sporadic with my appearances here, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Love and light to you dear. I'm utter rubbish at words usually, but moreso during this time, but I'm sorry seems so...insufficient.

Internet hugs for you and yours dear. Be well.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

This is one of those times where I would normally cook up some food because if words are insufficient, by Jove, food will do the trick. Chocolate chip cookies (like 300 of them because I'll keep half) and breakfast casserole and spaghetti. Comfort food.

I'm sorry, man. I hope things work out - I'm scrounging money for a 1/4-way decent car, otherwise I'd toss you some of my overtime.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

By the time I posted my reply to Dinky, Glytch had already posted his... so I am editing my post to quote what I'm responding to...
DinkyInky wrote:Still dealing with my own losses, which is why I'm sporadic with my appearances here, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Love and light to you dear. I'm utter rubbish at words usually, but moreso during this time, but I'm sorry seems so...insufficient.

Internet hugs for you and yours dear. Be well.
Thank you. I can mostly function properly, except when I actually talk about it. Then I break down. Last time I felt that way was when my brother died, back in 1996.

By the way, I know I haven't posted anything on your own threads, but know that I have read them, and sympathize with you. But by the time several people post, there is little left to say that wouldn't be repeating, or just be trite, so I stayed silent. (I don't know... maybe I should have said something anyway...)

But I have read all such threads. Yours, and all the others (floods, health issues, Electric Company frustrations, etc.).

Still, I felt a little awkward posting this, knowing I had not participated in any of the other threads...

Thank you for not returning the "favor"...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:This is one of those times where I would normally cook up some food because if words are insufficient, by Jove, food will do the trick. Chocolate chip cookies (like 300 of them because I'll keep half) and breakfast casserole and spaghetti. Comfort food.
I could sure go for some comfort food... Why is it that comfort food is rarely the healthiest? It wouldn't take me many sittings, to go though those 150 cookies... I'm already overweight anyway...
GlytchMeister wrote:I'm sorry, man. I hope things work out - I'm scrounging money for a 1/4-way decent car, otherwise I'd toss you some of my overtime.
Fortunately, I have been doing a lot of overtime, lately, so I'll be able to add to the fund later. UNfortunately, my truck would not start, this morning, so I had to have it towed to a garage to have it checked out. There goes part of that overtime money...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Gimme a couple of weeks, my next paycheck should be pretty fat, so I should be able to help out a bit. This one got used up.

Good luck with the truck. I've been there.
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Wrangler. Yer not alone dude, and have nothing to beg pardon for.

I'm sending you what I have, but it might not be actually tangible...

PS- Somebody said Chocolate Chip Cookies?

San Francisco has Love for you:

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

TazManiac wrote:Wrangler. Yer not alone dude, and have nothing to beg pardon for.

I'm sending you what I have, but it might not be actually tangible...

PS- Somebody said Chocolate Chip Cookies?

San Francisco has Love for you:

I FORGOT THAT WAS THERE!
I'm too much!