Catches crooks, just like flies...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Catches crooks, just like flies...

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

{{Thought i posted this here, when i posted it at IMDB. Apparently not.}}

Good thing I don't walk out on movies i paid for. {I've walked out on a few someone else paid for...}

If I did, i wouldn't have seen Spider-Man.

The first third or so was so horrifyingly "Look at us! Ain't we ka-YOOT?" that i nearly walked.

And even after they got away from what sounded an awful lot like what thirty-somethings with a bad memory and a tin ear thought was witty high school banter, it was still pretty lead-footed in some ways.

{The whole routine with "Karen" misinterpreting what he wanted got old pretty damned quick.}

================

"Karen" is married to "Jarvis", BTW

================

Things began to get better with the DC sequence, though.

Couple things I rather liked: I made wrong assumptions about some of the names that sounded like the ones from the equivalent period in the comic, which made a couple things more fun than they might have been.

I liked Gargan's neck tattoo. I liked what one of the other students' name turned out to be. Wow! Does SHE look different than i remembered her.

Happy Hogan is big enough (in more than one way) to admit it when he finally realises he was wrong - and to make it clear to Stark that he was, too.

Peter charging back into the fire - the very definition of a genuine hero.

Unlike the comics Vulture {any of them} Keaton's Adrian Toomes is a class act. It just hit me that he sort of reminded me of Benicio del Torro's Doctor Octopus, and his last line and actions.

{{EDIT: I canNOT believe i said "Benicio del Torres". I obviously meant Henry Fonda ... errr ... Alfred Molina}}

[And in another way, Dr Universe (from the Spinnerette webcomic...]

Action was well-staged.

My reaction to Aunt May: "What the fu...?!?". She should'a married Vinnie when she had the chance.

LOVED some of the music: Da Bruddas from Queens don't get enough respect these days; hearing "Blitzkrieg Bop" where it was was almost as much fun and appropriate as recognising the opening notes of "Bad Moon Risin'" in "American Werewolf in London", all those years ago...

The opening credit theme was a hoot. Pay the man who did that symphonic arrangement whatever he asks. He's worth it.

Loved the tribute to the original animated "Spider-Man" series that ended the crayon-style part of the end credits.

And my ABSOLUTE fave after-credit sting sequence.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.