*Trigger warning* Depression.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TheOKTVSet

*Trigger warning* Depression.

Post by TheOKTVSet »

How do y'all cope with suicidal ideation?
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
TazManiac

Re: *Trigger warning* Depression.

Post by TazManiac »

I generally would recommend bringing in another person to talk it over with.
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

I've had a therapist for the last sixteen years, and gone through multiple psychiatrists. I don't like burdening others that I'm closely affiliated with, and what I have told them has resulted in, "don't bring this to me."
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TheOKTVSet wrote:How do y'all cope with suicidal ideation?
In one's self, or in others?

For the former, I don't really have any serious experience with it.

For the latter, it's been more of a case-by-case approach. Letting it be known that somebody is there to listen seems to be one of the more basic and helpful moves, though then you have to actually listen and not just make the empty gesture.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

That was the point where I checked myself into a mental hospital for intensive outpatient therapy. Alexian Brothers or something like that, up near Streamwood and Elgin in Illinois. Helped me get a lot of stuff sorted out.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

I will be more fair. I suffer not only from severe anxiety, depression, and agoraphobia, but I'm an alcoholic. I have very few non-triggering escapes on my end, because, despite benzodiazpine medication, I become agitated and shaky the moment anything unexpected happens. I've been a technical agoraphobe for ten years, at this point. I can go to my office, and I can go to one liquor store. I'm going on thirty, and have been drinking since nineteen.

Now, my issue comes with how people handle shit like this. I've managed to be sober (except for my headache meds, which I take the minimum dose of. No opiates.) for the past week. I'm terrified of going to meetings because the last time I did that, I followed their advice, and the woman I wanted to marry broke up with me. There's more to it than that, obviously. I was at fault. But it was the advice I followed from that group that flipped her off.

I'm sorry. I've been a reader since forever, and I just hope to find a supportive community here.
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

GlytchMeister wrote:That was the point where I checked myself into a mental hospital for intensive outpatient therapy. Alexian Brothers or something like that, up near Streamwood and Elgin in Illinois. Helped me get a lot of stuff sorted out.
My insurance won't allow that. They'll allow in/Out patient therapy, which is 90% group.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Not having been in a similar position myself, the best advice I can give is to try asking professionals about it. I'm fairly certain that there are a number of pro gratis organisations who handle some of that stuff. I wouldn't know which ones to recommend, though. Maybe try out a number of them, and then take what advice seems to make the most sense to you or work best into the lifestyle that you want to have.