"18 songs..."

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

"18 songs..."

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I just finished watching a bunch of Traveling WIlburys videos on YouTube. Damn. Roy Orbison can still make me shiver and cry with just a couple of lines. "I'm so tired of bein' lonely..."

SO here's a list i put together almost twenty years ago: "18 songs and 2 movies that helped keep me alive".
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: "18 songs..."

Post by TazManiac »

Whats funny is that the Album Covers, the Titles given, and the hints/references you give aren't enough for me to be able to get every single Title.
Makes it more interesting though, as I have to work a bit to get what the song might be (and in almost every case, a song I know/ have heard before...).

Another thing it brings to mind is a similar experience with this place: http://stanfordtheatre.com/
As it's Mid July, 2017 I see a 'new' program is about to come online; this time around they are concentrating on the Warner Brothers catalog: http://stanfordtheatre.com/calendars/Wa ... 02017.html

Lots of pre-code films to start w/, Bogart, Betty Davis, lots and lots of classics and rarely seen films too. And on the Big Screen where they deserved to be experienced.

I'm in to this level of detail for two points- one is that I too found solace and redoubt through Art, in my case old films in an Art Deco theater revived by an heir to the original Hewlett-Packard magic.

The second point worth mentioning is that if you are anywhere near the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose area, you should make the effort to drag your whole party to go see a double feature at what used to be known as 'the Standford Fox'; tickets are $7 and the Concession Stand is priced accordingly.

You might even catch the guy playing the Mighty Wurlitzer...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Actually, except for Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation", the song titles are in the tags.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

... well, yeah, but in my case at least, I might not have ever really known the actual titles of said songs. But I'm pretty sure I've at least heard them all...