Natcat(s)

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Natcat(s)

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I forget if i've mentioned this - a few weeks ago, i was at Wendy's with the girls (with me the only adult at home a lot of the time, i have to take them with me if i'm needing to fo out for any length of time). We'd stopped to get Smoothies for them, and then i spotted at SUV with a sign in the window that said "Free kittens" and had a phone number.

I managed to grab my phone and snap a picture before it drove away, and later i called.

We arranged for me to come look at the kittens a day or so later. Initially, i was planning to go on my own and get one for me, but Kate pointed out that Helen and Steve had tried to get a cat for the girls from the Humane Society, but the Society wouldn't let them have one without the landlord's express permission - which he was willing to give, but they could never make the connection between them, Lance and the Society. She said i should take the girls along and let them help select.

There were a bunch to select from - Natalie and i immediately decided we should get a pair of pretty little black girls, but Maggie fixated rather strongly on a feisty little grey tabby boy.

So, Casey (Maggie's boy) and Twilight (Natalie's little girl) have been living here for the last two-plus-a-bit weeks.

At first, of course, they were shy and Rocket was less-than-welcoming, but by now Rocket mostly tolerates them - actually, she and Casey are at the almost-touching-noses and sniffing each other curiously stage - and Junior just loftily ignores them.

Anyway, Natalie asked me if i could take some photos of her and Twilight and print them for her, and while were in process of that, Casey came wandering along.
1.jpg
1.jpg (150.21 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (147.01 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
The first shot was done shooting available darkness - ISO 3200 - and came out pretty good. On the second i backed off to ISO 200 and used flash.

I'm happy with the amount of contrast i got on Twilight in the second shot - all too often black cats just come out as a cat-shaped blob - and the detail on Casey's stripes...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: Natcat(s)

Post by TazManiac »

My buddy's black cat's nickname is 'Hole in the Darkness'...