Good old-fashioned Greed

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Good old-fashioned Greed

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Okay, so i entered an on-line promotion to win a sooper-dooper seven-way programmable pressure cooker.

You can enter, too - there are no obligations, except that the entry signs you up for CNet's e-mail newsletters (which you can easily unsubscribe from).

You too can enter - just click this link http://woobox.com/v4ddm5/ix423m

{And, if you do, i get like ten extra entries in the drawing for each one who signms up from that link.}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: Good old-fashioned Greed

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan

"You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break, and never wise up a chump. My Motto."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

What was the old line again...

“Nobody ever lost a nickel betting against the intelligence of the American public.”
–P.T. Barnum
AnotherFairportfan

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:What was the old line again...

“Nobody ever lost a nickel betting against the intelligence of the American public.”
–P.T. Barnum
Sounds more like Mencken to me - sort of like a short paraphrase of something i know that be said.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:

–P.T. Barnum
Sounds more like Mencken to me - sort of like a short paraphrase of something i know that be said.
I do believe you are, in fact, correct.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”
- H.L. Mencken
AnotherFairportfan

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

–P.T. Barnum
I do believe you are, in fact, correct.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”
- H.L. Mencken
Not that i doubt for a New York Second that old Phineas Taylor would have said it the way you had it...
stromen

Post by stromen »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break, and never wise up a chump. My Motto."
I love this quote - just in point.
To want to, is to be able to.