Calling all Fairport Convention fans!

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Calling all Fairport Convention fans!

Post by Jabberwonky »

A Bookface post from Kenneth Hite, a fantastic author and commentator, that sparked a call out to someone we all know and love...

"Kenneth Hite
Just finished WYLDING HALL by Elizabeth Hand; wondrous horripilation tale of faerie, folk-rock, and the auld magic, Fairport Convention opening for Arthur Machen. (In which the most unbelievable thing that happens is a rock band actually seeing any of the money when their album is rediscovered forty years later.) Anyhow, Hand has a prolix "about the author" section in the back in which she never mentions her also great novel also about faerie and art and obsession, MORTAL LOVE.
Just think about that for a second. Think about being such a great writer that you don't have to put MORTAL LOVE in your author bio. I promise you, if I ever write anything two-thirds as true and real as MORTAL LOVE I will never ever shut up about it."
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Calling all Fairport Convention fans!

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

hmmm
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Calling all Fairport Convention fans!

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Okay, so the Fairport reference is as a cue to what's there. Being the Kindle edition is only $2.83, i think i'll try it.

=======

Rather amused that the bass player is named "Ashton" and he's from Muswell Hill...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.