Damn it all. Damn everything but the circus...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

chicgeek

Re: Damn it all. Damn everything but the circus...

Post by chicgeek »

Our parents took us to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus during the early seventies. Mom said she wanted us to have seen a real circus at least once in our lives...my little sis wanted to do clown school for a while after that!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I'm guessing what you got was an American anole.

Yep, most likely. I fed him (her?) meal worm grubs and lettuce (and spinach?) but still..
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Do you remember if it had a stripe down the back? If it did, that one was a female.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I'm guessing what you got was an American anole.
Like this? My back deck is lousy with them during the summer. And geckos on the front porch at night. No pics of them though. They tend to move fast back to their hiding places if you try to look at them.

This one was eyeballing me while I was attempting to take hawk pictures last spring. The red shoulder's have been back in the area, though I don't know if they are ready to start nesting quite yet or if they will stick around until then. Will see how it goes.
DSC_0103.jpg
DSC_0103.jpg (54.15 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

No stripe, must have been male. ( I cant tell you what happen at other people scale of references: "And when I was in FIFTH Grade...", but i recall vividly back more than 45 years to a two story farmhouse, w/ full basement, and the commode and bathroom were separate locales... warm sunshine pouring in the window and the 'chameleon was set up in a primacy of place, kind of like Goldilocks location.

The Green lizard was a fascinating addition to the menagerie but I was a pre-teen and can't believe it came with any in-depth care and feeding instructions...

I think, in retrospect, I did pretty good keeping it going two plus weeks.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

chicgeek wrote:Our parents took us to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus during the early seventies. Mom said she wanted us to have seen a real circus at least once in our lives...my little sis wanted to do clown school for a while after that!
I've seen a few small circuses over the years, with some being better than others. I was never all that greatly thrilled with any of them overall. The only large circus I've seen was in Russia, I forget just which one it was. It was much fancier and more professional than the little local ones, but I still didn't find it all that interesting. I'm apparently not the type to really appreciate circuses.

Though I did get to pet a very fluffy liger cub the last time I visited one.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I... I think I might have visited a circus once... Maybe? If I did, it was back when I was repressing memories, so I'm not too sure.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I've seen Emmet Kelly preform
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.