A Real Princess...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

A Real Princess...

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Re: A Real Princess...

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Cnet has a personal remembrance of Fisher from a former Lucasfilm employee: "One of my favorite memories of Fisher is the time a twentysomething hipster came up to her at one of her Comic-Con signings and demanded she write something unique and personal on a photo of Fisher dressed in her iconic Slave Leia metal bikini. She winked and wrote, 'Bite me.'"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

The Hollywood news sources are reporting that Ms. Fisher had wrapped her portion of next year's Episode VIII...

It's funny, in a sad kind of way, that I was playing The Despecialized Edition of the original Trilogy for Christmas.

Now, w/ the passing of her Mom as well, I'll be rooting around for my copy of 'Singing in the Rain"...
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

To a princess who was hardly in much need of rescuing, who had saved Han on at least one occasion, who was more than willing to pick up a weapon and return fire, and who killed Jabba the Hut while still partially chained and stuck in a slave bikini... now one with the Force.

Are you flocking done already, 2016?
AnotherFairportfan

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:To a princess who was hardly in much need of rescuing, who had saved Han on at least one occasion, who was more than willing to pick up a weapon and return fire, and who killed Jabba the Hut while still partially chained and stuck in a slave bikini... now one with the Force.

Are you flocking done already, 2016?
la161229.gif
la161229.gif (22.97 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My initial response to the picture was a full-on guffaw type outloud exposition.

That said, while I feel the sentiment, I'm of the 180 degree pov; It's the end of the year, the fields lie fallow, what has come before enriches the coming Spring...
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

While I wouldn't make the claim that David Bowie held the universe together, one can't help but wonder after all that has happened this year after his passing...
AnotherFairportfan

New Frontiers in Good Taste in Advertising:

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

6 year old Carrie, in the wings, watching her Mom; Debbie Reynolds, perform in Vegas...