I found an old typewriter

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Re: I found an old typewriter

Post by TazManiac »

Ahhh, those where the Good Ol Days; when Dot Matrix Printers went Hi-Def...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

My one grandfather had a number of weird old typewriters, but I don't think any of them worked. He probably got them in a box lot at an auction or estate sale.

I used to have one of the big Underwood office typewriters. It was thrown out where my dad worked, because the carriage was jammed. If I remember right, it turned out that a rod was on the wrong side of a guide clip (like, somebody had dropped it or picked it up by the carriage). I sprung it back into place with a screwdriver, and then it worked fine after a little cleaning. But I lost track of it sometime during the year that I moved six times.

I don't miss using manuals and Selectronics, but that Underwood was a cool machine.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TazManiac wrote:Ahhh, those where the Good Ol Days; when Dot Matrix Printers went Hi-Def...
One thing that I don't miss about Ye Olden Computing Days of Yore is printing out 100+ page documents on printers with a printing rate measured in minutes per page rather than pages per minute. Johann Gutenberg probably would have looked on with exasperation and disdain.