I'm sorry for making you guys worry.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Just Old Al

Re: I'm sorry for making you guys worry.

Post by Just Old Al »

I can't share anything here but what's been shared already - I have no magic for this. All I can offer is more of the same, hugs, and good thoughts, and a wish that you can someday smile and NOT hurt when remembering the good things.

Al
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

So this is a thing that happened...

The doll was made for my niece by a small indie company called Babyloafs. It's her "Daddy doll".
He was a fan, and she wanted Daddy to meet him. My sister-in-law works for a place that he happened to be visiting, and he was sweet enough to give her daughter a memory.

If I wasn't already a fan of the man, I would be now.

I'm absolutely wrecked, but this was too awesome to not share.

For SCIENCE!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:So this is a thing that happened...

The doll was made for my niece by a small indie company called Babyloafs. It's her "Daddy doll".
He was a fan, and she wanted Daddy to meet him. My sister-in-law works for a place that he happened to be visiting, and he was sweet enough to give her daughter a memory.

For SCIENCE!
Interstellar awesome! Hugs all around!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote:So this is a thing that happened...

For SCIENCE!
(This Reply was Delay'd...)

1) Who the heck is she talking about?

2) (clicks the link to find out...)

3) Awww, Dude!
3a) Just watched '400 Years of the Telescope' today, w/ him as narrator &
3b) He's coming up on the Late Show, after the local news- NdGT, For the Win!

PS- Pluto is still a Planet...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Finally getting enough energy to try to rejoin humanity again.

March 17 my son's Godfather passed away after a nasty fight with Levaquin-resistant double pneumonia. The hospital wouldn't even allow a camera in there long enough for my son to say goodbye before they removed life support.

To say he's devastated is a gross understatement.

Trying to cope with all this, and also help my son cope has been pushing me to my limits, so I fear I decided to reduce online to just random bits here and there, and for that, I'm sorry, because I know you folks worry, and I'm grateful for the care.

I'll try better to post at least once in a while...cannot commit to more than that.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Consider yourself hugged, DinkyInky, and deepest condolences.

For what it's worth, there's some memories that are better not committed to camera. It's like having a snow globe on a shelf somewhere in the back of your memories. You visit it from time to time, and maybe give it a shake. The snow obscures things. With time and healing, the snow softens the scene. Not that it ever goes away, but the sharp edges fade.

I have a collection. I know they're there, I just let them collect dust as best I can.

God bless you and comfort you.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Just got word today that My previous M.i.L. is heading for Hospice; so you see, it's happening around us. Everyday. This isn't meant to dwell on the Sad, but it something that happens and we can deal with, in time.
I call all that side of the family my 'Out-laws', and I'm going to miss her. (I like her a lot more than her Daughter btw...)

Hang in there Ms Dink with the Ink; even when it seems like you'll sink, and are right on the brink, just pause, step back, and sip a little of your drink- soon you'll be back in the pink.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*silently hugs, squeezes gently*

Because words aren't enough. I'm sorry, and I'm always around or almost around if you ever need.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

So today I was talking to friends in this baking and books online club I belong to, and someone mentioned an animal crackers cheesecake with recipe, and another said they needed to figure out how to make it gluten free.
My first thought was to ask my friend(my son's godfather), which ones we he had finally chosen for the gluten free mud pie.

Before I could send the message, I remembered.

Then I cried.

Then I went through old text messages and emails until I found the conversation, crying all the way.

Then I posted the answer to the post, noting that they'd have to make the runny icing glaze and sprinkles coating themselves, letting it dry overnight before crushing them for the crust and chocolate ganache.

Then I cried again.

This is going to be a loooooooong day.

--Safyr Drathmir
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

((Hugs))
Dave

Post by Dave »

I guess part of the way we know how important someone was to us comes only after the fact ...

... when we realize how very aspects of our lives they've become entwined with ...

... and we keep coming across their silhouettes, reflected in every part of the world that we see ...

... places where color, light, and texture are now faded rather than vibrant.

((Hugs from here also, DinkyInky))
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:I guess part of the way we know how important someone was to us comes only after the fact ...

... when we realize how very aspects of our lives they've become entwined with ...

... and we keep coming across their silhouettes, reflected in every part of the world that we see ...

... places where color, light, and texture are now faded rather than vibrant.

((Hugs from here also, DinkyInky))
I know Dave. It's just hard today...

I was going to talk to Chuck about making the cheesecake gluten free and diabetic friendly, and then I thought about telling Chris'fer(my brother) about the ridiculously sweet, really bad for you second cheesecake that I needed input on on how to make it even more over the top amazing(he'd probably have it involve more chocolates somehow).
I never thought they'd not be here when I wanted to talk to them.

He was always afraid that folks wouldn't accept him as he was, and it was especially heartbreaking when folks in fact did not accept him.
He always seemed to think that I'd forget him once I was elbow deep in diaper changes...but I refused to let him fade out of my life, I gave him an important role, and informed him he had to stick with it.
The day my son called him "Uncle Toki", I think he understood we weren't going anywhere. He'd call or we'd call just because. He was always there, even when I didn't think I needed anyone.

I didn't lose just a friend, I lost my other brother...and it hurts too much.

He was going to change the world, one cupcake at a time, and I was going to shout it from the rooftops.

I hope all is well for her Taz, love and light.

Atomic, my son wanted to say goodbye because everyone told him that he was responding to voice and wanted his godfather to hear his voice, even if it were the last time.
I think it was cruel of the hospital staff to not let a kid say goodbye to family when we couldn't hope to get there in time barring Superman carrying my car, and the individuals that denied us got told that NO, it was not against hospital policy, and they should have let us do the videophonecall.
Nobody was going to be recording it, they were just using it as a videophone.

All I hope is that nobody else ever has to go through that pain.

I think I'm not going to make much sense, so I'll come back to this later before I say stupid stuff.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Hug, gentle forehead touch, and sigh.

Look towards the future for light and better times. Keep memories close, in a special book with many dog-eared pages and colorful markers for the really good parts.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sister mine, you are one of the people I'm glad to be here on the Planet with.

Take a pause, find a vent, break something. And create something.

We love you, sending you what you need, take it and spread it around...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*hugs*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Thank you for hugs and well-wishes.

Trying to get back into things, with varying degrees of success.

Love you all.

--Safyr Drathmir
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Always good to see you back here. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome back and take the time you need.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Atomic wrote:Welcome back and take the time you need.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
*BLAM!*

Undead Monkey.

Sorry. Blame Jack.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Still alive.

The first friends my son made after the move have just moved away. We helped them clean and pack, and he's pretty heartbroken. He doesn't really have any other friends here close enough to hang out with, so I'm trying to just be positive for him.

--Safyr Drathmir