Wapsi Square The College Years

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

MrFireDragon

Wapsi Square The College Years

Post by MrFireDragon »

So to anyone who doesn't follow Paul on Facebook, he updated his cover with a wonderful image of M during her college years in what appears to be a Carwash fundraiser.....

this made me wonder about her college years, and perhaps high school years, and her every day problems.... you know, like at the beginning of the webcomic, don't get me wrong I LOVE the supernatural and fantasy story line, but I would also love to know more about "Wapsi Square: The College Years. A slice of the supernormal everyday dork"

soooooo, who would like to see this as a parallel webcomic? getting to know granpa, granma, her visits to Mexico, a little peek here and there about the paranormal life she has today, etc....

Paul, how about it? do you think this is possible? could we nudge you into doing this?

Pretty please with a cherry on top!! :D
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
chibichibi01

Re: Wapsi Square The College Years

Post by chibichibi01 »

Sounds like an awesome time to me!
ImageImage
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

While it is a cool idea, I think that adding this as an extra project just might make Paul pop an aneurism. Most likely this idea would be relegated to fan-ficts and the occasional flashback. But I agree, it would be cool.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Yes this could mean adding lots of work...... but, and I'm just talking from the top of my head hear, but what if Paul made the script and we had a guest artist for each story arc? of course this would mean it would have to be like a weekly webcomic instead of m-f, but if Paul digs it, this could turn into a huge self promoting tool for both Wapsi Square and the guest artists..... what do you think?? Huh? Paul? huh? huh? :D *nudge nudge*

*Me meekly offers himself for a test run if Paul is up to it*
Leak

Post by Leak »

MrFireDragon wrote:So to anyone who doesn't follow Paul on Facebook, he updated his cover with a wonderful image of M during her college years in what appears to be a Carwash fundraiser.....
Heh... I've got the same image saved here with a 2008 copyright... :)
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Leak wrote:
MrFireDragon wrote:So to anyone who doesn't follow Paul on Facebook, he updated his cover with a wonderful image of M during her college years in what appears to be a Carwash fundraiser.....
Heh... I've got the same image saved here with a 2008 copyright... :)

well, seems like this one is updated :D lol..... is it color version too?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

you sure that that was taken at college? it looks like it's BUD, JIN, Jacqui, and M... Bud, who until introduced as a drunk college chick by Tepoz, had never seen M and vice verse because none of them remember the CM Time loops, and technically neither did Jin, but she kept getting reminders from her mom, who was in the demon realm and so could keep her daughter up to snuff... it sure doesn't look look Shelly or Amanda, or anyone else we've been shown... did Paul say who it was? i don't remember seeing anything like that, unless it was a tweet, or Facebook post or something like that...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

scantrontb wrote:you sure that that was taken at college? it looks like it's BUD, JIN, Jacqui, and M... Bud, who until introduced as a drunk college chick by Tepoz, had never seen M and vice verse because none of them remember the CM Time loops, and technically neither did Jin, but she kept getting reminders from her mom, who was in the demon realm and so could keep her daughter up to snuff... it sure doesn't look look Shelly or Amanda, or anyone else we've been shown... did Paul say who it was? i don't remember seeing anything like that, unless it was a tweet, or Facebook post or something like that...
Just use the Comic Book/Movie/TV way out of this one; it was an alternate universe where they all went to college together but it has nothing to do with the main story or any of its time loops. (Yes it is a BS way out of a bad plot hole but it has not stopped anyone from using it yet.)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Or just the 'Smallville' of the Wapsi stories...What if Monica got wound up in the weird in college instead of her middle twenties?

Personally, I'm holding out for 'Wapsi Babies', what if the Wapsi characters all went to the same day care center? It would be in the Library, I'm sure, Phix would be the 'Nanny' and all the other characters would be infant versions of themselves. Every episode would be a new lesson on life and getting along.
(I would have Phix and Nudge as the caretakers, but a toddler Nudge is too cute to pass up...)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:Personally, I'm holding out for 'Wapsi Babies', what if the Wapsi characters all went to the same day care center? It would be in the Library, I'm sure, Phix would be the 'Nanny' and all the other characters would be infant versions of themselves. Every episode would be a new lesson on life and getting along.
(I would have Phix and Nudge as the caretakers, but a toddler Nudge is too cute to pass up...)
Would the GGGs still be golems or normal babies? I hope normal because otherwise that would introduce quite a bit of fridge horror. If they were golem babies that would mean they weren't tortured and murdered as teenagers, they were tortured and murdered as babies. :shock:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Personally, I'm holding out for 'Wapsi Babies', what if the Wapsi characters all went to the same day care center? It would be in the Library, I'm sure, Phix would be the 'Nanny' and all the other characters would be infant versions of themselves. Every episode would be a new lesson on life and getting along.
Would the GGGs still be golems or normal babies? I hope normal because otherwise that would introduce quite a bit of fridge horror. If they were golem babies that would mean they weren't tortured and murdered as teenagers, they were tortured and murdered as babies. :shock:
First of all, curse you for luring me into the Tropian Labrynth!
And I counter with Bellisario's Maxim.
You're thinking about this too hard, it's light-hearted stories with toddler versions of the Wapsi cast. If you start to apply that sort of logic, you'll be drummed right out of the television business...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Jabberwonky wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
First of all, curse you for luring me into the Tropian Labrynth!
And I counter with Bellisario's Maxim.
You're thinking about this too hard, it's light-hearted stories with toddler versions of the Wapsi cast. If you start to apply that sort of logic, you'll be drummed right out of the television business...

and I ante up with this:

From Paul: "these gals are just college friends of Monica's. Fellow Anthropology nerds. =)"

so no timeloop-timejump-parallel universe continuity error here guys....
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MrFireDragon wrote: and I ante up with this:

From Paul: "these gals are just college friends of Monica's. Fellow Anthropology nerds. =)"

Dammit MrFireDragon. stop ruining a good thing with the inconvenient facts. :twisted:
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Mark N wrote:
MrFireDragon wrote: and I ante up with this:

Dammit MrFireDragon. stop ruining a good thing with the inconvenient facts. :twisted:

LOL! ok :D

well, how's this for ya..... what about the Wapsi Square "The Time Loop Screw Ups"...... a view of each time the gals screwed up in order to reach the events we all know of...