A couple of women go somewhere and have a good time.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

A couple of women go somewhere and have a good time.

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

back.jpg
back.jpg (158.1 KiB) Viewed 7013 times
Been thinking of this ever since the art first went up, before they were introduced in the comic.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: A couple of women go somewhere and have a good time.

Post by TazManiac »

They must have just gotten to Mardi Gras because I don't see very many beads...

Cue Sting's 'Moon over Bourbon Street'...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I was just in New Orleans last week... I have to admit, I'm glad I never saw anyone dressed like that in real life, while I was there...

Even just walking down Bourbon St for a few blocks, and I didn't care for it... But I did enjoy a small Jazz presentation at the Preservation Hall. That was neat. Small room, no AC, decor made you think you were back in the 30s. Ability to shake hands with the performers at the end... It was enjoyable. I bought their 4 CD 50th anniversary collection set.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:I was just in New Orleans last week... I have to admit, I'm glad I never saw anyone dressed like that in real life, while I was there...

Even just walking down Bourbon St for a few blocks, and I didn't care for it... But I did enjoy a small Jazz presentation at the Preservation Hall. That was neat. Small room, no AC, decor made you think you were back in the 30s. Ability to shake hands with the performers at the end... It was enjoyable. I bought their 4 CD 50th anniversary collection set.
I love NOLa. If i could afford it, i'd live there.

BTW - was this on the set you bought?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hey... Wasn't there a legend about a vampire in New Orleans?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I love NOLa. If i could afford it, i'd live there.
I'm not sure I'd want to live there... it was rather on the warm side... :roll:
(Then again, that might help me melt off a few pounds... :lol: )
AnotherFairportfan wrote:BTW - was this on the set you bought?
Why, yes, as a matter of fact, it was. #15, on the first disc. The place he delivers the cup of coffee to, at the end of the YouTube video, is the Preservation Hall.

I guess I should mention that the night I went, it was an "all star" night, so it wasn't the regular band. They were pretty good, though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The saxophonist and the pianist, in particular, were much younger than the others (early to mid twenties). I was able to talk with the saxophonist, before they started the next show (personal interest, as I play the saxophone too...) He mentioned playing the clarinet, as well. I told him how I played clarinet, then bass clarinet, in high school, and how in later years, when I took up the clarinet again, I realized I could never go far with that instrument... then I showed him the size of my hands. He laughed. He agreed that the saxophone and the bass clarinet, having full keys and no holes to cover by hand, and all keys being bigger than on the clarinet, would indeed be better instruments for me.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I love NOLa. If i could afford it, i'd live there.
I'm not sure I'd want to live there... it was rather on the warm side... :roll:
(Then again, that might help me melt off a few pounds... :lol: )
Why, yes, as a matter of fact, it was. #15, on the first disc. The place he delivers the cup of coffee to, at the end of the YouTube video, is the Preservation Hall.
It's also, i am informed, the other end of the same building.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
It's also, i am informed, the other end of the same building.
I had no idea. They don't let people that far in, on show nights, I guess.
AnotherFairportfan

I just love a Kinks song done that way.

Actually, since Ray Davies lived in NOLa for a while, he might have had something to do with it...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

GlytchMeister wrote:Hey... Wasn't there a legend about a vampire in New Orleans?
hmm... there MIGHT have been a few books about them set there if i recall correctly... :P
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

And I found out that the Sting song I linked to, up thread, was based on Anne Rice's bibliography, re: vampires...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:It's also, i am informed, the other end of the same building.
Now that I think about it, it seems to me like quite the delivery route, when he could have just gone around the block (unless, of course, there is a way to go from whatever cafe or restaurant is on one side of the building to the Preservation Hall, from inside...) It's almost like he's... making life complicated for himself... ;)
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:It's also, i am informed, the other end of the same building.
Now that I think about it, it seems to me like quite the delivery route, when he could have just gone around the block (unless, of course, there is a way to go from whatever cafe or restaurant is on one side of the building to the Preservation Hall, from inside...) It's almost like he's... making life complicated for himself... ;)
Yeah.

But it had to last as long as the song...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

scantrontb wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Hey... Wasn't there a legend about a vampire in New Orleans?
hmm... there MIGHT have been a few books about them set there if i recall correctly... :P
No, no... Hold on, lemme get my google-fu on...

The vampire

The person the vampire was based on
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:I was just in New Orleans last week... I have to admit, I'm glad I never saw anyone dressed like that in real life, while I was there...

Last time I was on Bourbon St. was in July 1985. Was rather hot as I recall.