"Far to the North" - a webcomic

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

"Far to the North" - a webcomic

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I don't think i've mentioned Far to the North here, yet.

I am officially mentioning it today.
splash.jpg
splash.jpg (57.45 KiB) Viewed 7364 times
The comic's "About" page says:
Check back every Sunday and Wednesday to see Kelu run, see Kelu jump, and see Kelu save her captive family (with maybe a little help from a scaly, fire-breathing neighbor or two.)
By Page Twelve, Kelu has punched a dragon and then stabbed him with one of his own scales (it was loose and she tore it off) and sent him packing.

Then things get complicated.

And, so, this is the page for today {19 June 16}

That expression {and the balloon style} in Panel Two may be the best "Seriously, universe?  SERIOUSLY?!?" expression i have ever seen.

{Although i have seen some good ones in Alice Grove and Questionable Content...)

Someone in the comments said we needed this:

{That's not a dragon; that's a goblin. The goblin may be planning to eat her, it may be trying to protect her - from that other guy there - or it may want to marry her. We're not sure yet. Kelu is 6'2", BTW.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: "Far to the North" - a webcomic

Heh. Just checked my Disqus feed and i got an upvote on that.

From Alli, the artist.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Welp. Now I have another webcomics to keep track of.

I'm amazed I haven't accidentally mixed up my webcomics in my head. Like story details, or names...

I'm having a helluva time just keeping track of the names of RWBY characters...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

GlytchMeister wrote:Welp. Now I have another webcomics to keep track of.

I'm amazed I haven't accidentally mixed up my webcomics in my head. Like story details, or names...

I'm having a helluva time just keeping track of the names of RWBY characters...
i haven't read the RWBY one, but FttN is a pretty good one, i think you'll like it. and another one that i really like is Stand Still, Stay Silent
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

RWBY is a... Uh... Anime? Animesque? It's an animated web series produced by Rooster Teeth.

Shadow, Julie, help. I don't know what to call RWBY besides "awesome." Is there a name for whatever the hell kind of genre RWBY is or is it just its own thing?
I'm too much!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

RWBY is an American made (here in Texas, actually) anime style cel shaded CGI cartoon. It was created by Monty Oum (RIP :() of Haloid fame. Each volume is written like a movie but released broken up as episodes.
GlytchMeister wrote:I don't know what to call RWBY besides "awesome."
That is an accurate descriptor. I have the three Blu-rays and am anxiously waiting for the third soundtrack to be released on CD.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:RWBY is an American made (here in Texas, actually) anime style cel shaded CGI cartoon. It was created by Monty Oum (RIP :() of Haloid fame. Each volume is written like a movie but released broken up as episodes.
GlytchMeister wrote:I don't know what to call RWBY besides "awesome."
That is an accurate descriptor. I have the three Blu-rays and am anxiously waiting for the third soundtrack to be released on CD.
um... ok, but what's it ABOUT? I've HEARD of it, but know nothing about it other than the wikipedia article which doesn't go into too much depth...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm not sure how much I can say without venturing into spoilers. Ruby (red) gets accepted into Beacon Academy (elite school for monster hunters) with her half sister Yang (yellow) despite being two years younger after the headmaster sees what she is capable of. They end up teamed together with Weiss (white) and Blake (black). Besides ridiculously over the top fighting abilities and custom weapons, each person has a unique magical power referred to as their Semblance. They study, train, fight, get caught up in a big criminal conspiracy... There are people who are mostly human but have animal characteristics called Faunus who are often discriminated against. There is lots of comedy, drama, fight sequences that put most Hollywood blockbusters to shame... Volume two opens with the most epic food fight of all time - "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be DELICIOUS!!!" But most important of all, Yang (just like her voice actress Barbara Dunkelman) is a huge fan of puns. There are also supplementary World of Remnant episodes that flesh out some of the background details.

If you want to watch, it is highly recommended to start with the four trailers that were released before the series started in the order of the picture above.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

In a four-word nutshell: "it's also a gun."

:twisted:
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Yang's costume seems a tad lacking in the Nether Garment department.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Yang's costume seems a tad lacking in the Nether Garment department.
She's actually wearing shorts, with a ¾ wraparound leather skirt with some form of fabric lining underneath it.

And I can guarantee you that in spite of all the short skirts, there are NO panty shots. So enjoy the safe viewing! :D
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I don't think i've mentioned Far to the North here, yet.

I am officially mentioning it today.
Well, if it wasn't you, then someone else did... Because I have it in my bookmarks, and I know it came from here... But that's OK, it's worth spreading the word...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

By the same author as Far to the North, is the webcomic Tigress Queen.
The About page wrote:After decades of war, both sides have elected to end the fighting peacefully. The easiest way is through a marriage alliance. Unfortunately, the pampered groom wants nothing to do with the barbarian bride... especially after she displays some battle-sharpened skills at her own welcoming party.
It's "diplomacy meets culture clash"...

It's amusing to read. There is, sadly, not enough of it yet. I read through all 103 pages in no time... Definitely bookmarked it...