Brandi

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

davids4250

Brandi

Post by davids4250 »

WE HAVE HAD SOME BACKSTORY ABOUT Jin and Bud, but very little about Brandi. Some of Pau;'s art shows that she was some sort of warrior, and we know she is protective of Bud, and very smart, but little else.
I, for one, would like to know more about her.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Dave

Re: Brandi

Post by Dave »

davids4250 wrote:WE HAVE HAD SOME BACKSTORY ABOUT Jin and Bud, but very little about Brandi. Some of Paul's art shows that she was some sort of warrior, and we know she is protective of Bud, and very smart, but little else.
I, for one, would like to know more about her.
There was the seriously heartbreaking series of panels in which Brandi described her having been a child-care worker of some sort in a Lanthian nursery... and what happened when the priests came to seize her for sacrifice. :shock:

Based of Brandi's own descriptions of her personality and on how she has interacted with the other Wapsi characters, somebody in the old Comments section suggested that Brandi probably has Aspergers syndrome (high functioning), and Paul said "Bingo" or words to that effect. She's brilliant, a "chessmaster" in her way of dealing with people and situations, not at all good in dealing with the unexpected (she says she tends to freeze up when thrown a curveball) and has a serious tendency to misread social signals and say awkward and embarrassing things.

She literally wouldn't hurt a fly, at least not knowingly... she catches them and releases them (and now realizes that flushing them down the toilet does not qualify as a safe release!)

She's a very interesting character (well, who in Wapsi isn't) and I too would love to learn more of her story, from the Lanthis years onwards. Her role with the MIB, and the "deal" she mentioned but never explained, have yet to be explored.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Dave wrote:She's a very interesting character (well, who in Wapsi isn't) and I too would love to learn more of her story, from the Lanthis years onwards. Her role with the MIB, and the "deal" she mentioned but never explained, have yet to be explored.
That, and I'm still waiting for a Brandi figure for my shelf to go alongside Monica, Shelly, Bud and Dietzel... :(
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Leak wrote:
Dave wrote:She's a very interesting character (well, who in Wapsi isn't) and I too would love to learn more of her story, from the Lanthis years onwards. Her role with the MIB, and the "deal" she mentioned but never explained, have yet to be explored.
That, and I'm still waiting for a Brandi figure for my shelf to go alongside Monica, Shelly, Bud and Dietzel... :(
Hear! Hear! I support the motion froum our Austrian contingent.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:She literally wouldn't hurt a fly, at least not knowingly... she catches them and releases them (and now realizes that flushing them down the toilet does not qualify as a safe release!)
And yet, when threatened with the possible loss of her BFF, she seemed not to care that Shelly couldn't use the key to re-open Monica's doorway without potentially killing her...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."