Photo Album

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

User avatar
GlytchMeister
Posts: 3810
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Photo Album

Post by GlytchMeister » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

*tips hood*

You’re very welcome. :)

(To be perfectly honest I’m kinda proud of how simply I was able to describe it)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Was in southwest Colorado last week- visited Mesa Verde, drove through Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, stayed in Ridgway, and visited The Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was nice to be out of the Texas heat but not so great to be a flatlander staggering around at the local elevations.
DSC_4305.jpeg
DSC_4305.jpeg (117.3 KiB) Viewed 373 times
DSC_4316.jpeg
DSC_4316.jpeg (114.24 KiB) Viewed 373 times
DSC_4362.jpeg
DSC_4362.jpeg (130.75 KiB) Viewed 373 times

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 pm

More...
DSC_4382.jpeg
DSC_4382.jpeg (108.76 KiB) Viewed 373 times
DSC_4420.jpeg
DSC_4420.jpeg (122.8 KiB) Viewed 373 times

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Ridgway
DSC_4576.jpeg
DSC_4576.jpeg (127.29 KiB) Viewed 373 times
IMG_4658.jpeg
IMG_4658.jpeg (104.42 KiB) Viewed 373 times

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Black Canyon
IMG_4680.jpeg
IMG_4680.jpeg (113.87 KiB) Viewed 373 times
DSC_4495.jpeg
DSC_4495.jpeg (111.87 KiB) Viewed 373 times

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 3290
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Photo Album

Post by TazManiac » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Great Pix...

Typeminer
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm
Location: Pennsylbama, between Philly and Pittsburgh

Re: Photo Album

Post by Typeminer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Hansontoons wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm
Was in southwest Colorado last week- visited Mesa Verde, drove through Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, stayed in Ridgway, and visited The Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was nice to be out of the Texas heat but not so great to be a flatlander staggering around at the local elevations.
I'm not a native flatlander, more a native Northern Appalachian ridgerunner. But when I've visited the western mountains? Boy howdy. It's not the grade--we've got plenty of steep climbs. But the ever-increasing altitude changes everything.

Very nice pictures. Thanks. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5554
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Photo Album

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Sure am glad I'm not the maintenance guy in charge of that.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5554
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Photo Album

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:45 pm

sleepers.jpg
sleepers.jpg (129.3 KiB) Viewed 310 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
Bookworm
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Photo Album

Post by Bookworm » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 pm

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:45 pm
sleepers.jpg
I've gotta chunky cat that likes to sleep on people also.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Typeminer wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 pm
Hansontoons wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm
Was in southwest Colorado last week- visited Mesa Verde, drove through Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, stayed in Ridgway, and visited The Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was nice to be out of the Texas heat but not so great to be a flatlander staggering around at the local elevations.
I'm not a native flatlander, more a native Northern Appalachian ridgerunner. But when I've visited the western mountains? Boy howdy. It's not the grade--we've got plenty of steep climbs. But the ever-increasing altitude changes everything.

Very nice pictures. Thanks. 8-)
Thanks to all that voiced appreciation of my feeble attempts at photography.

The altitude we were messing around at was between 7-9K ft depending on location. On the way back I traversed Monarch Pass on US 50- 11,312 ft. Highest elevation I've been in a vehicle was over Imogene Pass between Telluride and Ouray. 13,114 ft., having a 4x4 vehicle helps to get up there and back down again. Heck of a view right before you pass out.

User avatar
lake_wrangler
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Photo Album

Post by lake_wrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Hansontoons wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Thanks to all that voiced appreciation of my feeble attempts at photography.

The altitude we were messing around at was between 7-9K ft depending on location. On the way back I traversed Monarch Pass on US 50- 11,312 ft. Highest elevation I've been in a vehicle was over Imogene Pass between Telluride and Ouray. 13,114 ft., having a 4x4 vehicle helps to get up there and back down again. Heck of a view right before you pass out.
Out of curiosity, if the roads are paved, over the pass, how does having 4X4 help get up there and back down again?

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:06 am

lake_wrangler wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Hansontoons wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Thanks to all that voiced appreciation of my feeble attempts at photography.

The altitude we were messing around at was between 7-9K ft depending on location. On the way back I traversed Monarch Pass on US 50- 11,312 ft. Highest elevation I've been in a vehicle was over Imogene Pass between Telluride and Ouray. 13,114 ft., having a 4x4 vehicle helps to get up there and back down again. Heck of a view right before you pass out.
Out of curiosity, if the roads are paved, over the pass, how does having 4X4 help get up there and back down again?
Monarch Pass is paved highway. Imogene is not, Jeep trail up and over. Photo of Imogene Pass is not mine, found online- seen on a couple of sites so do not know who to credit. All my photos are on paper- last trip was in late 90's, pre-digital camera for me.

This shot shows the pass, not the steep inclines and water crossings on the Ouray side.


DSC01100[1].jpg
DSC01100[1].jpg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 256 times

User avatar
lake_wrangler
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Photo Album

Post by lake_wrangler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:26 am

That makes more sense. Thank you for the info and the nice reference pic.

One reason I've never really been interested in exotic travels, is that there is so much to see in our "own backyard"... This this further proof of such.

Post Reply