A New Webcomic

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

A New Webcomic

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Fpr those who don't already have too many things filling their time, may i recommend and excellent (and quite new) webcomic: Far to the North.

The art is lovely, the story is interesting, and the dialog is sharp and witty.

In a Scandinavian/Finnish-looking society, Kelu, a young woman, is responsible for looking after her nieces and nephews ...who need looking after. Of course, Kelu is quite capable of getting into her own trouble; the combination is synergistic.

There seems to be more than a bit of jotun blood in the family - we don't know for sure just how tall Kelu is, but i wouldn't be surprised it it's a tad north of six feet. I
d say she's sixteen or seventeen - and she expected to go with her father and brothers to the "Trader's Fair", where she could hope to find a husband. Her father, OTOH, doesn't want to lose "his only daughter". So she's been left behind.

And that's where our story begins.

Well, actually it begins a few pages earlier, in a sequence that illustrates the "Kelu and the Kids Getting Into Trouble" dynamic.

And establishes that Kelu is not a young woman to trifle with - se sees off a monster many times her size, using only a crude improvised weapon.

They have two dogs that literally look like domesticated dire wolves. When one of them heads out into the woods to investigate something it senses/smells ... and comes back yelping like a smacked puppy ... Kelu deals.

There are only forty-two pages so far, so it's an easy binge.

A few images (Art copyright by Allison Gregory):

Kelu:

Kelu explains how things are going to be to her nephew:

Kelu's after-action brief to the kids:

Kelu's just had another adventure:

(That's the current page - in the comments, someone said "I wonder how many of these sorts of things have happened," and i said "None of them".)

T
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.