Dark Matter

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Wapsi
Site Admin

Dark Matter

Post by Wapsi »

Yes, I really like the SyFy show Dark matter. And ever since Silent Hill, I've been a fan of Jodelle Ferland. Just a bit of fan art:
GlytchMeister

Re: Dark Matter

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh. :?

Here I was thinking you were going to talk about actual Dark Matter and how it works as far as the Akashic Records and the whole SNAFU I got into with my fanfic.

Still. Cool pic! :) I wonder if those goggles actually do anything, or if she just wears them because they're cool.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

GlytchMeister wrote:Oh. :?

Here I was thinking you were going to talk about actual Dark Matter and how it works as far as the Akashic Records and the whole SNAFU I got into with my fanfic.

Still. Cool pic! :) I wonder if those goggles actually do anything, or if she just wears them because they're cool.
same here, though reading up on the show makes me want to see the thing... gotta see if it's out on DVD yet...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

All you need is Bandwidth...

http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter/episodes

So far I've watched Episodes One and Two; (I actually saw them through 'other means') and at a certain point the gal, Number Two, is walking away from Number One, after telling him to 'come back safe' (at this point, a complete stranger btw) and says the almost obligatory meme-phrase
... and stop looking at my ass!
Well, I couldn't stop looking either, so... uh, anyways, looks a bit better than Stargate Universe so far, (which it only partially resembles) although it'll take more than just the two eps I've seen so far to come to some sort of opinion on the series.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

On the website, looks like only excerpts are available for episodes 1 to 8.

All the buzz is good, but I don't watch enough TV to pay Comcast more for cable.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I looks interesting, not sure if it can last more than a season or two; still- Number Two = Nom, Nom, Nom...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Follow Up:

Lil' Bit (Jodelle) has also made a number of appearances in other TV shows.

I just saw her in a series out of Canada called 'Motive', specifically Season 3, episode Four.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Oh Noz! Dark Matter was announced today (01Sep2017) as being Canceled. :(

Jodelle Ferland and others, Thank you for your craft and efforts.

(Turns out I caught up on past episodes of 'the L Word' and the guy who played 'Six' in DM was in that as a hetro Drag Queen. Go figur'.)

And on a personal note: I'm going to miss these quirky SciFi shows that popped over the last few years, me thinks the tide might be turning towards another genre soon-ish.

Last thing, besides the afore mentioned miss Ferland there is also the to be missed Ms' O.Neil & Palmer, both of whom are quite nom-nom-nom-ish...