How'd you find WS? (secretly & slightly on-topic)

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DrSpooN

Re: How'd you find WS? (secretly & slightly on-topic)

Post by DrSpooN »

Yikes I don't even really remember how I found WS but like Nimrod I've been a faithful reader from the very beginning (or about a month in the original strip).

Paul (and Wapsi Square) have been one of the biggest influences to start doing my own webcomics (latest venture in sig). I love how the story and style have evolved and thanking Plog every day that Monica's hair grows fast ;P

Keep going Pablo!

-DrS-
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And it'd help me figure out how long ago it was that I first posted to Pablo's forum! :lol:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

I'm one of those people with a lousy memory for where I found things, especially on the web. I'm guessing it was through a recommendation from some other webcomic, but I couldn't tell you which one to save my life.

I'm just glad I did.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Leak

Post by Leak »

Dave wrote:
MrBill wrote:... and would love to own a 'Mucho Mocha' coffee mug featuring a bewinged Tina Rosario Aldaco Guzmán (hint, hint).
We can hope that Paul will eventually decide to set up a presence on CafePress, with either original B&W or colorized versions of some of his characters and scenes. A number of talented fans have done fan-art color versions, and they might be willing to contribute those to a CafePress storefront as well?
On the topic of swag: I wonder if there ever will be more PatchTogether figures - after the Monica with Earphones one nothing was ever heard of again...
Casey

Post by Casey »

If my memory does not fail me, I believe I found Wapsi when I clicked on a link from TV Tropes back in March of 2011. I it had something to do with Tina's parallel parking debacle, of all things. I started commenting a few months later, and I've been getting on your nerves ever since.
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

it's a toss up really, i started reading around the fall semester of 2011, don't have a clue timewise other than i was kind of out of it between the sleep deprivation, the adled brain from crunch work in the middle of the semester, and the lack of dignity from being a procrastinator on my homework yet again. all that i remember is finding the comic somehow, not really sleeping too much for 3 days then finding myself at the end of the archives wishing it would update.

as for where that's where the tossup is, i can't decide if it was off of octopus pie, gunnerkrigg court, girl genius, questionable content, or some other big name webcomic that i couldn't go without. course it could've just been tvtropes, that is a real time waster...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Casey wrote:If my memory does not fail me, I believe I found Wapsi when I clicked on a link from TV Tropes back in March of 2011. I it had something to do with Tina's parallel parking debacle, of all things.
I call BS on that. No one escapes TV Tropes. :twisted:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Casey

Post by Casey »

I didn't so much escape as add another addiction to the list.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

that's easy for me, I found Paul through Wendy Fiore I believe it was on December of last year or November, but started reading Wapsi Square until March and got hooked, I read like 3 or 4 strips before going to square one and reading the whole thing, finally caught up on late April or May I believe. I'm a Wapsioholic and proud of it.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

I'm thinking I started with 9 Chickweed Lane, which led to Pibgorn, both being by Brooke McEldowney, and that led to the Pibgorn comments, populated by certain comic addicts, who posted their lists or favorites--and eventually I got hooked here.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I am really into Thedreamlandchronicles, commented a lot, and Julie's avatar made me giggle -mainly because i had a couple of big-breasted GF's- and i asked for the original comic. Been hooked since.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jay-Em wrote:I am really into Thedreamlandchronicles, commented a lot, and Julie's avatar made me giggle -mainly because i had a couple of big-breasted GF's- and i asked for the original comic. Been hooked since.
Really? :D I don't think I've ever gotten someone hooked on one of my own online addictions before...certainly not inadvertently. Cool!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know, bmonk, I'm starting to wonder if it was that way for me. I know I started with Go Comics and reading Pibgorn, but I always thought it was Dave Kellet and Sheldon that got me hooked on Wapsi.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

A long time ago, I clicked on a banner ad after reading another webcomic. I don't even remember which one.

Anyway, the strip was very new back then; I don't think Tepoz had even appeared yet.
Geek_on_call

Post by Geek_on_call »

I was searching for comics that had coffee in them. My co-workers are caffeine addicts.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
- Groucho Marx
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

There was a comment from the author of another web comic, I THINK it was 'Questionable Content' but I haven't been able to find the comment again, where they mentioned that there was this other webcomic and the author/artist drew really cute girls. Being a fan of really cute girls, I tuned in just a couple of days into the brouhaha in the Temple of the Jaguar. Two days of that and I went to the archives and did the run in three or four sittings.
And now I can't stop. (I'm even considering getting the patch)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote: Two days of that and I went to the archives and did the run in three or four sittings.
I'm sorry Jabberwonky, there is only one cure that I know of, but it requires a lobotomy.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote: Two days of that and I went to the archives and did the run in three or four sittings.
I'm sorry Jabberwonky, there is only one cure that I know of, but it requires a lobotomy.
Look how good that turned out for Justin. Hel...Heck, I'll give it a try.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Leak

Post by Leak »

Leak wrote:I'm not really sure anymore how I found Wapsi Square since it's been so long - must've been a banner or a link off another site.
As for when: I took a closer look at my bookmark (which I automatically click each day without giving it a closer look) just now, and it says "Wapsi Square by Paul Taylor - Friday, March 9, 2007" - so yeah, it's been a while... :P
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

The devil made me do it. She's not such a bad sort once you get to know her.
Seriously, though, it was via "The Devil's Panties" webcomic.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.