Random Thought of the Day

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Random Thought of the Day

Post by jwhouk »

I'm truly sorry, but pretty much every forum I've visited at one time had, in their "slightly off topic" area, a thread that essentially was for random thoughts and observations. Sometimes it was on topic, sometimes it was truly random.

This. This is that thread.

To begin: Ever notice that your cat never wants to play when YOU want to, but instead would rather play in the middle of the night when you're half-asleep?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Re: Random Thought of the Day

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:To begin: Ever notice that your cat never wants to play when YOU want to, but instead would rather play in the middle of the night when you're half-asleep?
Tonight on 'Toe Under the Sheet Hunter...'

Too cool, this is the topic I need to throw out some of my 'don't know where they belong thoughts'.

Okay, I know there was Tochtli's problems brought on by the Calendar Machine, and the whole time loop thing was probably not all that good for anyone involved with it. ((I.E. everybody on Earth) and then some) But, you don't blame the turntable when the record skips. (I know, I know. Where do you tape a penny to the Calendar Machine?) But what if it wasn't the Calendar Machine's fault there was a skip?
What if, using the fuzzy logic that Wapsi magic seems to have in spades, (Thank goodness, I'd be about 85% scared shiii...um...spitless to use any magic that translated my intent by my actual wording...) it was doing what it could to prevent the world from experiencing something really, really bad?
I've backed up the time-line in my parallel universe Wapsiverse that I write in (with great apologies to Paul)to give my main character time to beef up for what happens the day after the Calendar Machine skips.

*wipes forearm across forehead*
Whew! It feels good to get that out....
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Forum Hosts

Post by Jabberwonky »

Am I the only one that feels like the hosting community was named by Oscar?
Bookworm

Re: Forum Hosts

Post by Bookworm »

Jabberwonky wrote:Am I the only one that feels like the hosting community was named by Oscar?
I beg your pardon?
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Bookworm wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Am I the only one that feels like the hosting community was named by Oscar?
I beg your pardon?
phpBB...something Oscar the fish might say. :P

Well played Jabberwonky. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:
Bookworm wrote:
I beg your pardon?
phpBB...something Oscar the fish might say. :P

Well played Jabberwonky. :)
I must be getting old, I missed that one. Nice catch Julie and good one Jabber. :oops:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

I had a fish that actually said "Bloop", but he was a carnival fish and only lasted a week because some of his scales had been bitten off before I got him. His name was Uncle Henry.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

PrettyPrincess wrote:I had a fish that actually said "Bloop", but he was a carnival fish and only lasted a week because some of his scales had been bitten off before I got him. His name was Uncle Henry.
My best friend had a gold fish (named Arthur Curry) that would spit the little pebbles from the bottom of his bowl at the side if he felt dinner was getting too late.

'plink'

'plink'

'plink'
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I found this picture of young Richard, still in the Library in one of Phix's photo albums....

MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Random Thought of the Day:

Calories: Tiny little creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes tighter every night...
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

Whyyy does the fluffy poodle feel the need to sleep on my feet when it's ninety degrees at night? Why can't he sleep on the bed near my feet? Aren't my feet bony and lumpy and weird to sleep on?
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

PrettyPrincess wrote:Whyyy does the fluffy poodle feel the need to sleep on my feet when it's ninety degrees at night? Why can't he sleep on the bed near my feet? Aren't my feet bony and lumpy and weird to sleep on?
If you suffer from cold feet, I bet the poodle sleeps there have a fresh place to sleep on.
Julie

Post by Julie »

How is it that I can enjoy someone as in-your-face and over-the-top as the Crocodile Hunter in the morning before work (on reruns) when I don't like people until much later (I don't even really enjoy dealing with my husband until after 9am)?
"Just open your eyes
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

why the heck would Disney animation drop a project like this:

it's beyond my comprehension.....
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

Why is it when the kids are here, I just want them to be quiet for 5 minutes, and now that they are in school, the house seems waaaaay too silent?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MrFireDragon wrote:why the heck would Disney animation drop a project like this:

Because studio executives are idiots.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MrFireDragon wrote:why the heck would Disney animation drop a project like this:

Sometimes the best projects are the ones that don't get made. This one sounds like it would have been a winner, though.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

PrettyPrincess wrote:Why is it when the kids are here, I just want them to be quiet for 5 minutes, and now that they are in school, the house seems waaaaay too silent?
I think that is just because your "MOTHER" sense is still on high alert where too quiet equates to 'they are up to something'. All in all a good sign on your part by the way. :D
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Why does technology hate me? My hard drive at work had a critical error this morning that resulted in a 102 minute phone call with my home office technology support line, my computer getting backed up, and a new hard drive being ordered...which won't show up until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. :( So much for my plan to be super-productive today!
"Just open your eyes
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:Why does technology hate me? My hard drive at work had a critical error this morning that resulted in a 102 minute phone call with my home office technology support line, my computer getting backed up, and a new hard drive being ordered...which won't show up until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. :( So much for my plan to be super-productive today!
Technology doesn't hate you. But, like cats, from time to time it feels the need to show it's superiority over us lesser beings.

(that's why I always scratch my hard drive behind the ports before I get started on a big project)