Random Thought of the Day

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Julie

Re: Random Thought of the Day

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:As far as I'm concerned, buttcream would be a step-up for avocados...
I respectfully disagree! :) Avocados are one of the most glorious things in the world...ESPECIALLY if they've been turned into my mom's guacamole! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Actually heard you can make a substitute buttercream frosting using avocados (had to go back and edit that before posting - accidently typed 'buttcream').....
Yeah... I seriously doubt avacados work on well for hemorrhoid relief. Image
Well, if you kept the buttcream in the 'fridge... :o
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

shadowinthelight wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Actually heard you can make a substitute buttercream frosting using avocados (had to go back and edit that before posting - accidently typed 'buttcream').....
Yeah... I seriously doubt avacados work on well for hemorrhoid relief. Image
Ouchie, that one went where the sun shouldn't. :mrgreen: :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:As far as I'm concerned, buttcream would be a step-up for avocados...
I respectfully disagree! :) Avocados are one of the most glorious things in the world...ESPECIALLY if they've been turned into my mom's guacamole! :D
I agree but Guacamole and cookie/macaroon filling are two different animals dear 8-)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

I also thought avocado as a sweet treat was just an abomination from hell.... but then I tried the avocado Maracon...... damn that thing was good, also on the same subject I have tried avocado popsicles, icecream and margaritas both here in Mexico and in the Mexican pavillion at Walt Disney World and damn, those things are good.

And just to brag, I am eating for lunch "pollo al pastor" that my motherinlaw made, hand made tortillas and my wife's mean guacamole........ heck! my mouth is watering right now! :D
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Julie

Post by Julie »

Mark N wrote:
Julie wrote:
I agree but Guacamole and cookie/macaroon filling are two different animals dear 8-)
Well naturally it's weird to think of avacados as tasty filling for macarons. :P That doesn't change the fact that avacados are infintiely better than buttcream. :)

Oh...and I'd be willing to try the avacado macarons at least once or twice. Most people I know cringe at the thought of eating a peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwich, but I've enjoyed those as snacks since I was a kid. My paw-paw made them for me long before anyone ever told me that certain food combos were "gross" and affected my concept of what was "good" to eat and what wasn't. :)
"Just open your eyes
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:Oh...and I'd be willing to try the avacado macarons at least once or twice. Most people I know cringe at the thought of eating a peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwich, but I've enjoyed those as snacks since I was a kid. My paw-paw made them for me long before anyone ever told me that certain food combos were "gross" and affected my concept of what was "good" to eat and what wasn't. :)
Oh I agree. If I followed the idea that some combos "must be" gross, i would never have had Cream Cheese and Jelly or tried Volcano Rolls.
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

Actually, a mashed avacado paste might make a decent butt cream, as long as you left the hot stuff out! It's moisturizing... :lol:
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

PrettyPrincess wrote:Actually, a mashed avacado paste might make a decent butt cream, as long as you left the hot stuff out! It's moisturizing... :lol:
Actually if you left the hot stuff in it you would be answering a particular set of fetishes. :oops:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

According to MythIndex Phix, the original Greek sphynx, is:
Or Phix , a monstrous being of Greek mythology, is said to have been a daughter of Orthus and Chimaera, born in the country of the Arimi (Hes. Theog. 326), or of Typhon and Echidna (Apollod. iii. 5. § 8; Schol. ad Eurip. Phoen. 46), or lastly of Typhon and Chimaera (Schol. ad Hes. and Eurip. l. .c.). Some call her a natural daughter of Laius (Paus. ix. 26. § 2).
(emphasis added by me)
Does this mean that Bud, Brandi and Jin are collectively Phix's father? And Shelly's great-grandfather?

These Greek family tree's are confusing...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:According to MythIndex Phix, the original Greek sphynx, is:
Or Phix , a monstrous being of Greek mythology, is said to have been a daughter of Orthus and Chimaera, born in the country of the Arimi (Hes. Theog. 326), or of Typhon and Echidna (Apollod. iii. 5. § 8; Schol. ad Eurip. Phoen. 46), or lastly of Typhon and Chimaera (Schol. ad Hes. and Eurip. l. .c.). Some call her a natural daughter of Laius (Paus. ix. 26. § 2).
(emphasis added by me)
Does this mean that Bud, Brandi and Jin are collectively Phix's father? And Shelly's great-grandfather?

Don't you mean grand-MOTHER?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Having to do a factory reset of your phone is annoying. At least I backed up my apps for easy reinstallation this time and can connect to a computer again. Hopefully I won't miss any more calls.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:According to MythIndex Phix, the original Greek sphynx, is:
(emphasis added by me)

Don't you mean grand-MOTHER?
Mother, father, eh you know how these Greeks are...

(for some reason I always thought Chimaera was a boy...)
Jabberwonky

The Bat Hound!

Post by Jabberwonky »

Ace, the Bat-Hound has taken up residence at my house!

That's Bolt, the newest addition to my household...
Mark N

Re: The Bat Hound!

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote:Ace, the Bat-Hound has taken up residence at my house!

That's Bolt, the newest addition to my household...
What a cutie.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:
Edit: ImageThat's Bolt, the newest addition to my household...
What a cutie.
Idn't he? And he's got a Super-Hero mask! Or a Lucador mask, either way, way cool...
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Mark N wrote:
Edit: ImageThat's Bolt, the newest addition to my household...
What a cutie.
Idn't he? And he's got a Super-Hero mask! Or a Lucador mask, either way, way cool...
We've got a new four-legged child in our home, too! :) Her name is Pepper. She's a tri-color Beagle, and she's 11 weeks old (6lbs according to the vet visit this morning). Unfortunately, my only pictures of her are posted on Facebook, and I don't know how to share them here. :(
"Just open your eyes
PrettyPrincess

Post by PrettyPrincess »

What kind of person lets the air out of someone's bike tires at school? I had to ride home 3 miles on a half flat bike with a 45 lb backpack and a violin. My thighs/quadriceps are KILLING me. Boo to mean people.
Dave

Post by Dave »

PrettyPrincess wrote:What kind of person lets the air out of someone's bike tires at school?
A contender for the Lower Class Twit Of The Year award?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Two days ago I reset my cell phone, today my wireless connection becomes so unstable I have to reset my router? What the hell? :x
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!