Old comments gone?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave11

Old comments gone?

Post by Dave11 »

I followed an archive link today, and found out that the comments were...gone. Are they gone for good? Is there an archive saved somewhere? Some of those were absolute gems of comedy, and others were very helpful in the "I don't get it" sense.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Dave

Re: Old comments gone?

Post by Dave »

Dave11 wrote:Are they gone for good?
They vanished from view when Paul disabled the ability to post new ones. I don't know if ComicPress has the ability to make comments available in a read-only mode.

I certainly hope so, and that Paul puts them back on-line in this mode (or ports them over to the new forum system, but that's probably a lot more work). I miss 'em, too.

Requests, offerings, and outright begging might or might not have a beneficial effect... only Paul knows for sure!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

I asked one of the developers of ComicPress to help me disable comments, that is the result, and it's not a switch thing. It had to be coded, I don't know if read-only is possible. I can check.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Would the old comments still exist, somewhere? Or would they have been erased completely with the re-coding?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

The comments themselves are almost certainly still there. What would have been altered is the links themselves.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.