Darren called it best.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TheOKTVSet

Darren called it best.

Post by TheOKTVSet »

Over the past two arcs, I can't help but think back to Monica's visit to Darren's pub post-Tina joining the main cast. It's fun having grown up with this series, but there's a terribly sad nostalgia that comes with seeing the new guard take root.
Don't worry about me. You're supposed to graduate from here, and there's always a new class to keep things interesting.
Kind of makes me want to take a full archive walk for the first time in a few years.
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
shadowinthelight

Re: Darren called it best.

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, I think I'm the first to coin 'the Siren Squad', but since they aren't all Siren's i supposed we should make the first word possessive.

Hmm, my crystal ball is a little dusty but let gaze into the future a-ways

I see, I see Atsali graduating HS and considering automatically enrolling for College, or more 'Adventures!'...

I see, I see... Monica walking into Mucho-Mocha and after squinting a bit, Tina exclaims "Oh, he's going to be so happy to be a Father!..."

I see, I see a teen aged Pickle getting everybody's babysitting duties, and loving it...

The crystal, it grows dark again....
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

Siren Squad? No.

They're the New Class.
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, as long as they have class, that's all that matters to me...

*drops an etiquette pamphlet into the pun jar*
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And the best thing is, Monica and Shelly can still be around for the fun times!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

jwhouk wrote:And the best thing is, Monica and Shelly can still be around for the fun times!
Many, many generations of it in fact. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Thoughts and predictions?

Monica, at least, will age appropriately as those around her grow older, providing she doesn't lose face again soon. She'll age, then die, and be reborn as a twentysomething all over again every century, give or take a decade or two. Her conditional mortality will keep her engaged.

*tosses a Jaguar mask into the pun jar*

Not sure what the life span on most of the paranormals would be, but given thier human length childhoods, they probably have human-ish lifespans. Castella might be an exception, since some plants are extremely long lived.

Shelly will become more and more detached as she engages in her new role as a guardian Sphinx and MiB Senior Agent.

In her last appearance, she seems to have developed a bemused detachment and the calmness that she was looking for. After 80,000 years, Shelly has found where she fits in and has literally carved out a place for herself in Sphinx society.

Bud and Brandi will be perpetual guardians for the paranormal community and will be fixtures in Monica's life as well. She's the one that gave them back their free will and lives to go with it.

Jin may become Atsali's mentor, but she's going to mostly pull back from the paranormal life and enjoy being human for a few decades with Alan.

Then at some point, Mahuel is going to have to bury her daughter.

Of course we may never see that. It depends on how far ahead Paul wants to take us. I'm hoping he stays with it for another decade or two. It's been a fun ride.