Best looking girl on Wapsi Square.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Nimrod

Re: Best looking girl on Wapsi Square.

Post by Nimrod »

Julie wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Wait a minute, Pizza Girl is another comic entirely. I think you mean Dylan.
I keep forgetting her name too...she'll probably always be "Pizza Girl" to me. :P
She was named? She is mentioned from time to time and shown even less. (like 4-7-2010)
However I do remember a one-off piece that Paul made of her with Dietzel just hanging out, may have been on one of his old sites.

Yes, I would still have to say the Wapsi Pizza Girl.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Nimrod wrote:
Julie wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Wait a minute, Pizza Girl is another comic entirely. I think you mean Dylan.
I keep forgetting her name too...she'll probably always be "Pizza Girl" to me. :P
She was named? She is mentioned from time to time and shown even less. (like 4-7-2010)
However I do remember a one-off piece that Paul made of her with Dietzel just hanging out, may have been on one of his old sites.

Paul named her in a forum quote I believe but not in the comic itself.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:Paul named her in a forum quote I believe but not in the comic itself.
He used her name as part of the title of one of the comics, so I think that makes her naming "canon".

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/dylan-and-dietze/
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Nimrod wrote:
Julie wrote:

In Color viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&p=1946#p1946
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

But, is it pronounced Dil-an or Die-lan?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:But, is it pronounced Dil-an or Die-lan?
You Die-lan your order to have Dil-an deliver it...

(drops several on-line coupons into the pun jar)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Well the name is in a gray zone for me - here is my reason:

We are talking about named female characters within Wapsi and even though Paul gave the one-off piece a title of Dylan & Dietzel the work was just barely within the scope of the strips and was not an actual strip. Plus, "Dylan" has not been named within the context of the strip. The closest is when Monica calls her "that bimbo".

Also, Many of the early strips did not even have "names" - that trend sort of slowly happened and some were retroactive - to say that the given name assigns content is a little backward. Yes, it is called "Dylan & Dietzel" however she is not actually named in the strip.

Until she is actually called by name in the strip she will be Pizza Girl to me. In fact some could argue that she needs a last name to truly apply for the role of best looking girl on Wapsi Square.

Thanks for finding that stand alone piece by the way.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

And Georgette, the only pro model in the comic to appear, is not even mentioned....

Nor were the 'Firehouse Calendar' Girls....

I still vote for Katherine. Once she pulled herself out of her self-imposed dark exile, she cleaned up pretty good.
And those huge dark eyes - I could drown in them happily. <3
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Ah yes, the lady firefighters. Can't deny, there's something about a woman who can grab a shark by the tail & hurl it back into the ocean...just makes me feel all funny inside.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

NOTDilbert wrote:And Georgette, the only pro model in the comic to appear, is not even mentioned....

I still vote for Katherine. Once she pulled herself out of her self-imposed dark exile, she cleaned up pretty good.
Well that could be for many of the reasons mentioned previously in this thread:
1) Georgette is given several strips, is named and even is shown with family and given something of a back story. Plus she has a cohort of friends, a typical watering hole and the implication that she has her own story to tell - very much like another duplicate Waspi setting. So in that way she could totally be in the running, however...
2) There is a sort of a what-ever-happened-to strip where she comes back and basically is shown to have (developed?) a pretty lame personality / attitude. So, that would be a big demotion in the running for best looking girl on Wapsi. She is also shown early on to not think of herself as nice looking.

3) The 'Firehouse Calender' Girls I believe only one or possibly two are ever named (just first names). As they are more of a group and not an individual it would not be fair to them or the other 'contenders' to include them in the running. The fact that they are called girls and not girl is a clue.
4) I would add that at the time of their inclusion in the strip it was more something for Amanda to react to that anything else.
5) Also the whole shark throwing thing goes against the "who is most kind to animals" criteria as it was the firefighter who was trespassing.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Nimrod wrote: Also the whole shark throwing thing goes against the "who is most kind to animals" criteria as it was the firefighter who was trespassing.
Well she let the shark live. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:
Nimrod wrote: Also the whole shark throwing thing goes against the "who is most kind to animals" criteria as it was the firefighter who was trespassing.
Well she let the shark live. :P
Only until impact. \|/ SPLASH!!! \|/
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Nimrod wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:And Georgette, the only pro model in the comic to appear, is not even mentioned....

Well that could be for many of the reasons mentioned previously in this thread:
1) Georgette is given several strips, is named and even is shown with family and given something of a back story. Plus she has a cohort of friends, a typical watering hole and the implication that she has her own story to tell - very much like another duplicate Waspi setting. So in that way she could totally be in the running, however...
2) There is a sort of a what-ever-happened-to strip where she comes back and basically is shown to have (developed?) a pretty lame personality / attitude. So, that would be a big demotion in the running for best looking girl on Wapsi. She is also shown early on to not think of herself as nice looking.

3) The 'Firehouse Calender' Girls I believe only one or possibly two are ever named (just first names). As they are more of a group and not an individual it would not be fair to them or the other 'contenders' to include them in the running. The fact that they are called girls and not girl is a clue.
4) I would add that at the time of their inclusion in the strip it was more something for Amanda to react to that anything else.
5) Also the whole shark throwing thing goes against the "who is most kind to animals" criteria as it was the firefighter who was trespassing.
I think he was wondering why those girls hadn't been picked for best looking girl on Wapsi Square...not why they weren't named. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Julie wrote:I'm a Bud fan. :) It's mostly her geeky, awkwardness combined with a genuine misunderstanding of her very attractive appearance...and she's got killer legs. :)
Oh, yes, Acacia. Dibs! :D Other than her... Shel. Even though muscles are not my thing. Georgette, even though I favor skinny, is too freakin' tall (most models are). And Bud or Shel are skinny enough anyway. :D
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Oh, I should be ashamed. Dylan wasn't driving a Gremlin. She was driving an old VW Golf/Rabbit.

Proof below:
Attachments
DylanDietzel.jpg
DylanDietzel.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 9924 times
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin