More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Re: More Stuff

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Can't recall if i've posted this picture:
taco.jpg
taco.jpg (76.31 KiB) Viewed 8652 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, I was thinking that they all were. I thought at first that they were all (or mostly) from the same hymn or poem or whatever.

Also: Your feline companion has become a palindrome! That box is magical.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Junior is huge, too.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Junior is huge, too.
A lot-o' taco gato?
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

If a taco cat decided to play a musical instrument, would he choose to play...

A butt tuba?
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

The Jasper has not fit a box in many years. Fit a couch, yes. Boxes are considered as snacks.
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg (59.36 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Alkarii wrote:If a taco cat decided to play a musical instrument, would he choose to play...

A butt tuba?
Dunno about that, but Taco Cat spelled backwards is taCo caT...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

A butt tuba spelled backwards... Is still a butt tuba. A palindrome, playing a palindrome!

Actually, that may be a bad idea. It could cause problems with the space-time continuum...
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

D'aw, Jasper's a cutie. I just want to ruffle their ears.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, I suppose the timing of losing my job wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I got just over $600 for severance pay today, and I have a paycheck coming on Tuesday for the pay period that ended on the 15th, and I'll be getting my tax refund soon, as well. All of that, combined with what I already had, will be more than adequate to handle my bills for both May and June.

So once I get back from my vacation, I shouldn't have much of an issue getting a job. I have a friend who works at a dealership across from the one I started at, and I'd heard from my dad and the service manager that the one I'd started at has openings in their service and detail department quite often.

Plus, this should give me plenty of time to work on my writing. I haven't touched it in a good while.
AnotherFairportfan

oddsign.jpg
oddsign.jpg (43.8 KiB) Viewed 8606 times
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I bet that street sign, and others like it, I presume, that are bound to be nearby (if you're dumb enough to name a street like that, you're probably dumb enough to name others in a similar fashion...), make for some interesting, nay, entertaining, conversations... :lol:

Meanwhile, here's a quote from my wallpaper changer:
“The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.” - James Branch Cabell
Dave

Post by Dave »

How about this location: 87J26588+J8 (Google Maps "plus code")?

It's at the intersection of North Lake, South Lake, East Main, and West Main, in North East, Pennsylvania (which is actually located in the far northwestern corner of Pennsylvania). And, of course, North Lake is south of the lake.

If you travel south from the lake on North Lake into North East, past the "Welcome to historic North East" sign, and turn left on East Main, you soon come to La Casa de Pizza. For a bit of dough, you can have a bite of dough made with genuine east North East yeast for your feast.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

There's an area north of El Paso where Frontage Road West is a few tens of yards east of Frontage Road East. And there's a reason this makes perfect sense.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Would it happen to be that those two frontage roads are one-way, and traffic goes in that direction? Or is it because of a curve?
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:There's an area north of El Paso where Frontage Road West is a few tens of yards east of Frontage Road East. And there's a reason this makes perfect sense.
West Peachtree runs (or used to run) east of Peachtree Street for a couple blocks in Atlanta

And one of the Greenwich Village squares is formed by (i think) McDougall Street intersecting itself at right angles.
AnotherFairportfan

Hash browns recalled for possible contamination with golf balls

Story
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

...over in England, in Oxford, the street named North Parade is south of the one named North Parade.

There's a perfectly logical reason, of course.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Warrl wrote:There's an area north of El Paso where Frontage Road West is a few tens of yards east of Frontage Road East. And there's a reason this makes perfect sense.
And it's on a stretch of highway where the road is going north-south.

(Yes, I know the reason why it's named Frontage Road East/West.)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Somebody I knew who used to work part-time during holiday seasons as a mailman told me about one neighbourhood that everybody hated to have on their route. I can't remember just what the name was, but literally every road in the place had the exact same name, but with a different end noun. So it was something like "Daffodil Street" and "Daffodil Road" and "Daffodil Avenue" and "Daffodil Way" and so on. There were several dozen such roads. And quite often, people would address letters to "123 Daffodil" or wherever and leave off the ending bit.