More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

ShneekeyTheLost

Re: More Stuff

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

shadowinthelight wrote:Image
That depends, do they have a Peter Parker on staff?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
That depends, do they have a Peter Parker on staff?
Berwyn!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:Berwyn!
Hey! Don't be sayin' bad things about my home town!
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Ummm... I don't know... But seriously, what's the worst that can happen?
;) :P :lol:
I'll guess that at least half of those spiders haven't completed the full training required by 10 CFR 50.120, and that most of those which have are overdue for their refresher courses.

Lazy they are, and careless. Just because a web that glows in the dark looks cool, and attracts moths even in the darkest of nights, that doesn't mean that it's a good idea!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5qPvCAyfE

Found this video a few minutes ago. Great way to start your morning.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

This looks promising.

Flying car stuff, SFW...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

I don't know if anyone else here reads Too Much Information (one of the few webcomics allegedly taking place in something resembling The Real World that regularly rivals Wapsi for crazy), but i like Andy's comment on the New Year page...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I don't know if anyone else here reads Too Much Information (one of the few webcomics allegedly taking place in something resembling The Real World that regularly rivals Wapsi for crazy), but i like Andy's comment on the New Year page...
For a very loose value of "resembling".

(Also should mention that said comic is frequently NSFW. Including, sometimes, the random border content around "safe" stuff.)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Warrl wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I don't know if anyone else here reads Too Much Information (one of the few webcomics allegedly taking place in something resembling The Real World that regularly rivals Wapsi for crazy), but i like Andy's comment on the New Year page...
For a very loose value of "resembling".

(Also should mention that said comic is frequently NSFW. Including, sometimes, the random border content around "safe" stuff.)
With a name like TMI, it had better be...it has a lot to live up to. :P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

One of my favourite comics pages ever - TMI single panel, showing a notice posted at a party at the big house that was Ground Zero for the comic when it started out:

(There is, indeed, a link {and a teeny-tiny thumbnail} to a page titled "Bambi says Full Frontal WHAT?" on the page border currently... You Have Been Warned.)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Now this looks like a place where I could waste away a few afternoons...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Now this looks like a place where I could waste away a few afternoons...
Check out the buzz-by one of the Blue Angels did...same site. If you run it super slo-mo, you can see it blitz by...followed by every tent, towel, and umbrella go flying.

Epic!

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DinkyInky wrote:Check out the buzz-by one of the Blue Angels did...same site. If you run it super slo-mo, you can see it blitz by...followed by every tent, towel, and umbrella go flying.

Epic!
If you want a really interesting time, try having a Harrier pilot make a vertical landing about five meters away from you, on a plain covered in loose gravel and grit, to ask for directions. Gives you an appreciation of (if not for) engine thrust.

Apropos of nothing much, Harrier pilots get annoyed when you empty your sidearm into their airframe to make them go away.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawumpus wrote:Apropos of nothing much, Harrier pilots get annoyed when you empty your sidearm into their airframe to make them go away.
Yeah...I can see that...

:lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Check out the buzz-by one of the Blue Angels did...same site. If you run it super slo-mo, you can see it blitz by...followed by every tent, towel, and umbrella go flying.

Epic!
If you want a really interesting time, try having a Harrier pilot make a vertical landing about five meters away from you, on a plain covered in loose gravel and grit, to ask for directions. Gives you an appreciation of (if not for) engine thrust.

Apropos of nothing much, Harrier pilots get annoyed when you empty your sidearm into their airframe to make them go away.
A friend who was on the crash crew at NAS Sigonella in 1971, the year the Harrier went operational with US forces (i think) showed me the diagrams they got showing how to safely approach the damn thing on the ground top rescue a pilot who was unable to get out by himself.

As i recall, if it was on the ground with the engines idling and the thrust directors set for straight-ahead flight, there was like a fifteen-degree-wide approach path from the side to get to the cockpit - passing altogether to near the intakes for that big honkin' turbofan for my taste.

If it was on the ground, idling, set in VTOL mode ... forget it. Wait for the fuel to run out.

(That was my friend, Big Mike. I'm six feet tall and, at the time, weighed in the vicinity of two hundred pounds. I was Little Mike to our buddies. Mike was an airframes tech. I think they put him on crash crew because they could foresee a need for a crane where a crane couldn't fit...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:A friend who was on the crash crew at NAS Sigonella in 1971, the year the Harrier went operational with US forces (i think) showed me the diagrams they got showing how to safely approach the damn thing on the ground top rescue a pilot who was unable to get out by himself.

As i recall, if it was on the ground with the engines idling and the thrust directors set for straight-ahead flight, there was like a fifteen-degree-wide approach path from the side to get to the cockpit - passing altogether to near the intakes for that big honkin' turbofan for my taste.

If it was on the ground, idling, set in VTOL mode ... forget it. Wait for the fuel to run out.
Some years ago, a guy I knew was discussing the Space Shuttle and its procedures. NASA of course tries to have a written procedure for every conceivable situation. There was one written covering crew evacuation procedures if the Shuttle landed, and the post-landing scan detected hydrazine leaking from the tanks or engines.

It added up to "Ground crew retreats to a safe location."
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I'm currently wondering if I should get a facebook page. I don't really know if I have enough to share to warrant any kind of social networking accounts, and I've noticed that most of what I've seen on my mom's is everyone else's posts regarding religious amd/or political stuff.

Also, since I'm tired of not being able to get in the building at work, I'm going to check with a gaming store to see if they got room for another employee. I've been working with the sound company for a month, still don't have a code for the doors, and haven't made $300 between two checks. That's about $400 less than I need to be making if I want to do just a little better than break even with my bills. Even if I keep this job in the hope that things will pick up soon enough, I need a second job as soon as possible.

(probably should have gotten off my ass and worked on the novel I've been working on for the past few years. I could have had it finished, well written, an possibly picked up by a publisher by now)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:As i recall, if it was on the ground with the engines idling and the thrust directors set for straight-ahead flight, there was like a fifteen-degree-wide approach path from the side to get to the cockpit - passing altogether to near the intakes for that big honkin' turbofan for my taste.

I got through an entire firefight without a single scratch. Then my wonderful air "support" shows up, can't find the big pile of burning tanks sending up smoke or locate the broad swath of tracks crossing the desert, but can spot my one lone little self walking across the desert and decides to stop to ask directions. After that, I looked like something that had crawled out of the Ypres trenches by way of Mao's Long March. All that I could do was just cling to the ground and gesture for the guy to take off again. I can recommend it for the spa that wants to feature extreme exfoliation.
Alkarii wrote:Also, since I'm tired of not being able to get in the building at work, I'm going to check with a gaming store to see if they got room for another employee. I've been working with the sound company for a month, still don't have a code for the doors, and haven't made $300 between two checks. That's about $400 less than I need to be making if I want to do just a little better than break even with my bills. Even if I keep this job in the hope that things will pick up soon enough, I need a second job as soon as possible.
Sounds like time to be looking very closely at other options.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Now this looks like a place where I could waste away a few afternoons...
Check out the buzz-by one of the Blue Angels did...same site. If you run it super slo-mo, you can see it blitz by...followed by every tent, towel, and umbrella go flying.

Epic!

A long-time favorite of mine...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

Epic!

A long-time favorite of mine...
The censor would have a field day buzzing that guys surprised potty mouth.

That was brilliant.

--Safyr Drathmir