More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Re: More Stuff

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

chicgeek wrote:AFF, I read the Flakey Pastry archives-thanks for the link! It is pretty fun.
Which reminds me - i haven't checked this week's.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Fairportfan's current Avatar;

[edit ] - Sorry, the aforementioned Avatar was of a gal, sitting on a divan or small couch, one leg over the side, looking back over her shoulder, w/ Chocolate Cake, a Certain Smile, & wearing what looked like Lil' Devil Footy Pajamas...

reminded my of the (not yet said to the principal) phrase that came to mind just today;

"Well babe, I'm usually not a tattoo man myself, but I'm getting a strong urge to find out what your's taste like...".

PS- Hardly anything goes wrong when there's Chocolate cake involved...
Last edited by TazManiac on Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Peanut butter:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Bravo!

Just received notice that I have an overdue parking ticket for street cleaning. But I never received the ticket . . . .
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

NHL Western Conference Champions. :D
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Of all those parking notices, the only one I disagree with is the one about having shovelled a parking spot and someone else taking it. Unless it's a case where he had just finished shovelling it, and someone pulled into it before he had time to back his own car into it, once you leave a shovelled spot, it becomes fair game. That's why I enjoy driving a 4X4 truck: I never shovel my spot... I pull out, and most of the time, since it's not shovelled, it's still waiting for me when I get back, so I pull right back into the snow again. And if my spot happens to be taken, I will gradually plow into a snow pile made from others shovelling their car, by driving a foot into the snow bank, backing up, driving a foot farther sideways into it, and so on, until I have cleared/trampled enough snow to make room for my truck.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

We need to give Julie some hugs.

Roger Moore has passed away. :(
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

As a baker who I know was putting her bread loaf dough away into a retarder to keep it from rising, it occurred to me that the unbaked loaves looked like some sort of weird worms or maggots or something. So when she went off to do something elsewhere, I scrounged up a pack of big googly eyes and gave each lump of dough a pair.

I wasn't there when she came back later and opened the door on the retarder, but from what others have told me the screams were quite impressive. Apparently she wasn't prepared to find the bread staring at her.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Okay, so... Apparently, it's wrong to express a desire to avoid catching one of the permanent types of STDs.

My brother was going to introduce me to a girl he knew from school, who is fairly attractive, and has had experience with dating jerks.

Well, he told me that he just found out from her that the last guy she was with recently tested positive for herpes (I believe the test was done after they broke up), and decided to get herself tested, which came back positive.

Immediately after I tell this, someone starts giving me shit for thinking she's no longer an option because she has herpes. Something about perpetuating the stigma against herpes, or something like that.

Because apparently it's just wrong to not want to take the risk of catching an unpleasant disease, and severely limiting the potential for future relationships afterwards.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Alkarii wrote:Okay, so... Apparently, it's wrong to express a desire to avoid catching one of the permanent types of STDs.

My brother was going to introduce me to a girl he knew from school, who is fairly attractive, and has had experience with dating jerks.

Well, he told me that he just found out from her that the last guy she was with recently tested positive for herpes (I believe the test was done after they broke up), and decided to get herself tested, which came back positive.

Immediately after I tell this, someone starts giving me shit for thinking she's no longer an option because she has herpes. Something about perpetuating the stigma against herpes, or something like that.

Because apparently it's just wrong to not want to take the risk of catching an unpleasant disease, and severely limiting the potential for future relationships afterwards.
This, young friend, is why it's always polite (and smart) to use condoms. 8-)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Typeminer wrote:This, young friend, is why it's always polite (and smart) to use condoms. 8-)
Or stunt doubles.

Around here, I'm apparently considered by many mothers to be a most eligible bachelor to be caught for their daughters. While many of said daughters are quite nice girls in their own ways (though often half my age), there are a few who are. . .a bit more interesting than is commonly preferred. One of the more interesting is probably the lady who keeps trying to convince me that her daughter is really quite a lovely person once you get to know her, especially now that the medications that they started prescribing to the girl while she was in prison (in which she was incarcerated for having castrated her previous boyfriend with a large kitchen knife) had her pathological jealousy mostly under control on most days, that her STDs are barely noticeable, and she hardly ever sold all of the household furnishings to buy meth any more. I've somehow managed to restrain myself from headlong marriage proposal to her.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Catawampus wrote:
Typeminer wrote:This, young friend, is why it's always polite (and smart) to use condoms. 8-)
Or stunt doubles.

Around here, I'm apparently considered by many mothers to be a most eligible bachelor to be caught for their daughters. While many of said daughters are quite nice girls in their own ways (though often half my age), there are a few who are. . .a bit more interesting than is commonly preferred. One of the more interesting is probably the lady who keeps trying to convince me that her daughter is really quite a lovely person once you get to know her, especially now that the medications that they started prescribing to the girl while she was in prison (in which she was incarcerated for having castrated her previous boyfriend with a large kitchen knife) had her pathological jealousy mostly under control on most days, that her STDs are barely noticeable, and she hardly ever sold all of the household furnishings to buy meth any more. I've somehow managed to restrain myself from headlong marriage proposal to her.
Either that woman is trying to keep you away from your daughter, or that woman is a complete idiot.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:Either that woman is trying to keep you away from your (sic) daughter, or that woman is a complete idiot.
Or desperate... to have somebody else "take charge" of the young lady.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I did a close fly-by some one w/ that condition; it's manageable and is usually in remission in otherwise healthy individuals, but not something we all want passed on to another person. At All. Ever.

Robert Heinlein, in his art, propagated an open and non-barrier sexual expression. We are hardly ready for that.

Yet...
AnotherFairportfan

2slanties.png
2slanties.png (242.39 KiB) Viewed 9207 times
This is a G-rated Gravatar.

If we could see what the comic characters in the newspaper she's standing on can see, it would be an "R" at least.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Nobody beats Brooke in nonrectilinear panel arrangement. 8-)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

So true...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well...

My paternal grandmother (the one who just lost her husband on Easter) lost her sister yesterday (Sunday) morning.

I, however, will not be going to the funeral or the viewing, as it's in Mississippi, and someone has to stay behind to take care of the pets.

However, I'm concerned that my mother will lose her job if she goes, because the lieutenant at state police is a pain in the ass, and has been doing everything she can to get rid of my mom before retiring, so she can give her friend my mom's position. To make it worse, before she became a state trooper, she was a lawyer, so she probably has some kind of loophole to get out of trouble for wrongful termination. I told my mom to not only inform her of the funeral, but to inform the captain of the funeral as well.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii; There is a saying; 'Cover Your Ass'. (Please excuse the frankness of my reply...) There is a further thing to do when it applies to one's interaction with others, esp in business and the workplace;

'CYAIP', the last two represent 'In Paper'.

Sending a notification of a response to a family emergency to the entire chain of command, all the way up to the tippy-top, isn't unrealistic, esp as it would be coached in terms of keeping folks in the loop.

Including the assurance in one's immediate superiors and coworkers in being able to fill the brief gap until one's return, seeing as it would be a very short time-frame in any case, isn't a bad thing to do either...
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

TazManiac wrote:Alkarii; There is a saying; 'Cover Your Ass'.
Seconded as one who used to be part of that food chain...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."