More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: More Stuff

Post by lake_wrangler »

One link leads to another, and another... (funny stuff).

As for this one, I didn't think it was all that funny, until the "punchline"...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Found in the signature of someone over at the hammocks forum:
Bad spellers of the world Untie!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Had a bit of a panic attack at work today, from stress that's been building for the past few weeks.

So, after deciding to take the rest of the day off, I went to watch Doctor Strange. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it. It's pretty surreal and trippy. Lots of Pink Floyd visuals, and you can get a sense of some of that old psychedelic 70s music in the soundtrack.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Latest avatar:

This is Bluebelle (a name that the press came up with after pictures of a magical girl using household appliances to fight oni {demons} began showing up)
belle2.png
belle2.png (234.56 KiB) Viewed 9103 times
Bluebelle is Japanese-American, and is the latest in an unbroken line of magical girls going back almost a thousand years. Every generation, the eldest girl develops a "divine body" when she turns sixteen, and fights oni.

What happens if there's no girl?

Ask Bluebelle - he found out and he hates it.

Magical Girl Neil - current page

First page

This is probably my favourite pge so far - besides giving an example of the kind of humour in the comic, it also shows that Bluebelle is a munchkin - Neil's normal male form is about a foot taller.

Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Bluebelle is Japanese-American, and is the latest in an unbroken line of magical girls going back almost a thousand years. Every generation, the eldest girl develops a "divine body" when she turns sixteen, and fights oni.

Hm... could be interesting... see also Magical Flower Girl Cherry Blossom aka Steve Lewis, and a certain unfortunately-named cheerleader-themed superheroine aka Elliot Dunkel.

Or if you aren't into supheroes, there's always Tiffany.
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Bluebelle is Japanese-American, and is the latest in an unbroken line of magical girls going back almost a thousand years. Every generation, the eldest girl develops a "divine body" when she turns sixteen, and fights oni.

Hm... could be interesting... see also Magical Flower Girl Cherry Blossom aka Steve Lewis, and a certain unfortunately-named cheerleader-themed superheroine aka Elliot Dunkel.
Magical Transvestite Cherry has his own comic (updated sporadically, a page at a time whenever they get a total of £15 earmarked for it - if i wasn't so flippin' poor i'd kick five or ten quid every months.

Everybody assumes Steve is gay, so nobody objects when he heads for the changing rooms at the Faerie Dojo with the rest of the Magical Girls.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:Or if you aren't into supheroes, there's always Tiffany.
Well, Typhan-Knee has finally convinced everybody to refer to him as male, and to call him by his real name, instead of "Tiffany"...
AnotherFairportfan

I love the next page, too.

Cops are gonna find the guy, tethered to a parking meter by an indestructible pink hair ribbon tied in a big floofy bow.

And when the word gets round in jail that he was taken down hard by a cute, four-foot-nothing girl in (more or less) a tutu, his enjoyment of his stay will not be thereby enhanced.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I just started watching the latest Jungle Book movie, and something just occurred to me: I'm betting that the main reason the mother wolf didn't want Mowgli to leave, is that he's the only one who could give her ear scritches... ;) :P :lol: :mrgreen:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hey, family values are important! :)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

(by the way, it's actually canonical in the comic that the name assigned to Elliot Dunkel's superheroine form is horrible. Several of the regulars in the comic forum won't use it.)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:I just started watching the latest Jungle Book movie, and something just occurred to me: I'm betting that the main reason the mother wolf didn't want Mowgli to leave, is that he's the only one who could give her ear scritches... ;) :P :lol: :mrgreen:
But there are other ways of getting ear scritches...

AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:(by the way, it's actually canonical in the comic that the name assigned to Elliot Dunkel's superheroine form is horrible. Several of the regulars in the comic forum won't use it.)
Elliot and Co. seem resigned to using it when they need to talk about her.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: More Stuff (Kitties & Monkeys)

The other night i was downloading some pictures from the Nikon, and i went wandering around the house (about 2 AM)

Kitties
kitties.jpg
kitties.jpg (110.2 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
Monkeys
monkeys.jpg
monkeys.jpg (121.17 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
AnotherFairportfan

Ash ("Misfile") swapped outfits with Kylie ("6 Gun Mage") for Halloween 2016
Ash ("Misfile") swapped outfits with Kylie ("6 Gun Mage") for Halloween 2016
ashuniform2.png (158.36 KiB) Viewed 8995 times
Kylie ("6 Gun Mage") swapped outfits with Ash ("Misfile") for Halloween 2016
Kylie ("6 Gun Mage") swapped outfits with Ash ("Misfile") for Halloween 2016
kyliecargo2.png (147.73 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Here are two quotes I found in someone's signature on the Hammock forum:
FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
--unknown
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Re: More Stuff - "HAWKA-A-A-A!"

I was out with the camera to catch some shots for a couple of projects (you'll see those later). I looked up just in time to see this fellow backwinging in, but not soon enough to catch a shot of that. Most of these are 100% resolution; the one full shot is ... not. Looking at these almost makes me forget the regret i had leaving film. Almost.

I had thought about whther to bring the long (55 to 200 mm) lens, but in the end i only had the 18 to 55 mm, because it was sufficient for what i was going to shoot. I WISH i'd had the 200 mm - he'd be four times bigger in the frame... I moved around some (I was across the street) for possible better angles.

ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Yer honor, I motion to have this year dismissed and stricken from the record.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

So moved.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin