More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Just Old Al

Re: More Stuff

Post by Just Old Al »

If I am going to listen to movie soundtrack work from Mr. Loggins, I prefer:

THIS

If you can listen to this and not picture a dancing gopher....you just weren't there.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

What can I say: some days, I'm proud to be Canadian... :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Did anyone think to pull a copy of the page? It was only up for one day; it's been pulled.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

And now, for another quote-worthy... err... quote:
“If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” - Thomas J. Watson Sr.
AnotherFairportfan

Every year, about this time, i avail me of CapitalOne's service that allows you to design a new custom credit background image for free. (And do it as often as every thirty days, theoretically, though i think they'd get a tad cranky along about June or so...)

The last two years' designs have been photos from Maggie and Natalie's Easter Egg Hunt in the yard. Unfortunately, the only one i got from this year's is rendered ineligible by Helen, in the foreground helping the girls count their loot, exhibiting the ISO 9000 International Standard glyph for "plumber".

Fortunately, the girls asked me to come to their school for FIeld Day last week, and take pictures, and i got a couple of possibile images, and one i like in particular.

This is the current card that will be replaced as of about the first week in June:

and this is what will replace it:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Duplex

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Nah... that's not a duplex, that's just a house with a terrace on the roof... :mrgreen:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan

darran.png
darran.png (59.09 KiB) Viewed 9207 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wow. Those Celtic teardrop tattoos suggest that Darran has personally assassinated a chronosynclastic infundibulum, or perhaps two of them.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:Wow. Those Celtic teardrop tattoos suggest that Darran has personally assassinated a chronosynclastic infundibulum, or perhaps two of them.
Considering that her entire existence is a Serious Temporal Paradox and it's mainly her own belief in herself that keeps her In existence - not to mention that, in the same page where we found that out, we also discovered that her boyfriend is a chimera consisting of the salvageable bits of five siblings - tht i decided that i REALLY wanted to do that one for an avatar for Wapsi.

Flaky Pastry page #500 (the "X00" pges are always oversized pages explaining things):

{Your phrasing is sorta ambivalent - are you aware of Fp, or did you pick up the name from the picture title?}

==============

Hmmm - since "Darran" is a typo of her actual name, "Daran" (my personal typo), i'd guess the former...
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:{Your phrasing is sorta ambivalent - are you aware of Fp, or did you pick up the name from the picture title?}

==============

Hmmm - since "Darran" is a typo of her actual name, "Daran" (my personal typo), i'd guess the former...
Wasn't aware of FP at all, so I used the name you had given the JPEG you uploaded.
AnotherFairportfan

It's a great comic.

Starts off as a roommates comedy - an intellectual catgirl and her goblin roommate need to get a third roomie QUICK - if they get behind on the rent the lease allows their landlord (a dragon) to eat them.

Along comes a chaotic elf.

All hell breaks loose in every possible direction.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sitting in one of the "Luxury Loungers" at the theater for the second time, and just like last time, I only had to pay $5 plus change.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Note literal "stars-in-the-eyes".

Claire is just so darned cute.

In a different time and place, and at a different age, i might want one of those for myself.
2bigstars.png
2bigstars.png (246.12 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
Correction, i would.

Maybe two - they're small.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Another quote from my wallpaper changer:
“I just bought a Mac to help me design the next Cray.” - Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when was informed that Apple Inc.
had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design
the next Mac.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

100 most hilarious Chuck Norris memes ever (YouTube video. A little long, but quite amusing.)

[Edit]
This one is pretty funny, too. I literally laughed out loud most of the time:

People Who Took Instructions Way Too Literally
AnotherFairportfan

ashangelupload.png
ashangelupload.png (85.1 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

AFF, I read the Flakey Pastry archives-thanks for the link! It is pretty fun.