More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: More Stuff

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I damn near lost a day to that thing. I've got too much stuff to deal with to mess with TV Tropes...
Am I the only one that sees tv tropes and think Nope...then run away fast?
I will set a timer to what I feel is an adequate amount of time to waste before entering the Trope Zone...
It's the nope zone...Run away!
Bring forth the Holy Hand Grenade!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Last Friday afternoon:

(Sorry about the way the flash blew out Maggie's shiny-surfaced coat.)

Saturday morning (less than an inch):

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote:Yeah, but Jelly Belly's are homegrown, and purposely quirky, like it's history.

I have friends and family with diverticulitis who I buy the buttered popcorn ones. I had to have a discussion with the management of IMAX once about them complaining about his jellybeans.
..snip

I have NEVER been stopped and bothered by management about the things I brought into a theater; and that included one epic day when I and Helena brought Chow Fun into a Star Wars pre-quile and stunk up the joint from the front row-right.

For those who where there, and ONLY those who where there that day- I'm sorry... sorry we didn't share...
I come from a long history of taking what I want to the movies, and that includes planning ahead and involves stops to buy real chocolate, trips to Bev-Mo, and last century, as much as almost four decades ago- ingenious devises that allowed imbibment of a certain herbal substance. Without a visible flame.

These days I still enjoy a quality chocolate and on occasion, popcorn, but paying 4 and 5 dollars for a soda hurts my one good feeling.
It's stupid and I choose, personally, not to participate.

That said, I'm pretty much past the days of accidentally kicking over the empty class container and having it roll down hill, under everybody else's feet, towards the front of the house...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

PS- I'd love to have Dinky in my back pocket and be able to play the more diplomatic front man that smoothes things over-

only sometimes you have to take a beat, stop the dialog and glance back at the rest of your party to illustrate why its going to be a really, really bad idea to continue with the current bureaucratic hold up...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Last Friday afternoon:

(Sorry about the way the flash blew out Maggie's shiny-surfaced coat.)

Saturday morning (less than an inch):

Snow! Want!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DinkyInky wrote:Snow! Want!
Ask the folks in DC, or NYC, or all the others that were hit by the storm last weekend... I'm sure they'd be more than happy to share... :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Ask the folks in DC, or NYC, or all the others that were hit by the storm last weekend... I'm sure they'd be more than happy to share... :P
Yeah, but they probably won't want to deliver. If you want take-out, you can drive up there yourself and pick it up.

Just drive until you get stuck in a snowdrift, then fill your trunk and turn around and drive home.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
I know. I'd like it for a while if only to give them a breather.

Dave, you can't hide in the pun vault forever! When it boots ya, I'll be waiting! :evil: :twisted:

--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Yeah, but they probably won't want to deliver. If you want take-out, you can drive up there yourself and pick it up.

Just drive until you get stuck in a snowdrift, then fill your trunk and turn around and drive home.
Call Villareal Snow Poiting Services. Free delivery.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My morning and afternoon.

The second I walked outside, it went, "doink!" transforming from the straight setup I had to poofy curly, goes everywhere frizz. I spent forever setting it straight. Went back in and rescrubbed it, trying to at least tame the frizz. Walked outside and, "doink!" Poofy curly, frizzy.

Now to top it off, that darned white streak I've had for over three decades refuses to stay hidden(doesn't take a dye, has never taken a dye, and pulling them out was worse after they grew back...shut up Shneekey, I don't wanna hear it.).

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Just out of curiosity, where is that white streak that won't take a dye?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

GlytchMeister wrote:Just out of curiosity, where is that white streak that won't take a dye?
If I understand correctly, think the X-Man character Rogue. I occasionally tease her with cajun-accented commentary, since I am at least part cajun. Which typically ends about as poorly as you'd think.
AnotherFairportfan

I once accidentally saw a Rule 34 version of Rogue - it was made obvious that both her hair colour and the streak were completely natural.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I was thinking more along the lines of Polgara, but I think both of their hair streaks are in the same spot.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Only occasionally?

*mutter mutter*

I bet 'Barrel man' had fun wit' dat one...not to mention yer Scotsman one, kilt boy. :twisted:

--Safyr Drathmir
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

that's OK... THIS GUY will ship it to you... :shock: and YES.. this is a "legit" company... an entirely screwy niche to say the least... but it IS legit, you pay and he'll ship, at least as recently as the 22nd of this month on his twitter account...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

scantrontb wrote:that's OK... THIS GUY will ship it to you... :shock: and YES.. this is a "legit" company... an entirely screwy niche to say the least... but it IS legit, you pay and he'll ship, at least as recently as the 22nd of this month on his twitter account...
they may be legit, but that seems like a rather expensive proposition... Than again, depending on your location, driving (or taking a train, bus, plane, whatever) to a snow-bound area to bring snow back may just prove to be just as expensive, so who knows...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan

Yes, these are habanero peppers.

Yes, that's my hand - and i have a 9" span.

No, there were bigger ones in the box - these were the biggest ones on top before i began looking for somewhat smaller ones.

Warrl

Post by Warrl »

You did wash your hands before you rubbed your eyes, I hope?