More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: More Stuff

Post by lake_wrangler »

I just saw a quote today, and forgot the attribution. So I went looking for it on the internet, and it turns out it's a well known joke...
Real programmers always confuse Halloween and Christmas. Because Oct31 == Dec25.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:I just saw a quote today, and forgot the attribution. So I went looking for it on the internet, and it turns out it's a well known joke...
Real programmers always confuse Halloween and Christmas. Because Oct31 == Dec25.
Hsss
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DinkyInky wrote:Is it bad that I have not seen a single one of Daniel Craig's Bond?
I found the Daniel Craig ones that I've seen (his first three) to be the least annoying of the whole franchise.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Is it bad that I have not seen a single one of Daniel Craig's Bond?
I found the Daniel Craig ones that I've seen (his first three) to be the least annoying of the whole franchise.
Never mind Daniel Craig's Bond... I haven't seen ANY of them, whatsoever... :lol:

Sure, I've seen clips, but not whole movies.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Never mind Daniel Craig's Bond... I haven't seen ANY of them, whatsoever... :lol:

That is perfectly fine. As long as you read good stuff and get plenty of fresh air...just be thankful it wasn't a discussion on the cartoon...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Catawampus wrote:

To each his own...but I have been known to hold people captive and make them watch the full collection of films with me. I call it my Annual Bond-a-thon.. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:To each his own...but I have been known to hold people captive and make them watch the full collection of films with me. I call it my Annual Bond-a-thon.. :P
Careful with the karma accumulation there, dear Julie. You may render yourself unable to escape the dreadful fate known as "Sitting through someone else's complete collection of vacation photographs."

The resulting selfie-stick allergies can be hell to get rid of.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Sure, I've seen clips, but not whole movies.
To each his own...but I have been known to hold people captive and make them watch the full collection of films with me. I call it my Annual Bond-a-thon.. :P
Hardcore Bond-age?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:
Julie wrote:To each his own...but I have been known to hold people captive and make them watch the full collection of films with me. I call it my Annual Bond-a-thon.. :P
Careful with the karma accumulation there, dear Julie. You may render yourself unable to escape the dreadful fate known as "Sitting through someone else's complete collection of vacation photographs."

The resulting selfie-stick allergies can be hell to get rid of.
I've already been forced to sit through loads of shows I care nothing about...follow sports I'be only got a passing interest in, not to mention play games I have ZERO interest in to appease familial connections. I've earned the right to force feed people some of my passions. :P
shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Sure, I've seen clips, but not whole movies.
Hardcore Bond-age?
:P Terrible, but potentially accurate depending on how reluctant my viewing partner happens to be. :twisted:
"Just open your eyes
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Miss Julie wrote: shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

Hardcore Bond-age?

:P Terrible, but potentially accurate depending on how reluctant my viewing partner happens to be. :twisted:
Everybody! Movie night at Miss Julies! :P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Julie wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

Hardcore Bond-age?

Bringing my silliest flannel jammies and overstuffed feather pillows and popcorn! Oh, and an overenergetic ten year old, so the swear pig comes too!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Julie wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

Hardcore Bond-age?

Bringing my silliest flannel jammies and overstuffed feather pillows and popcorn! Oh, and an overenergetic ten year old, so the swear pig comes too!
Yay!! Willing victims...err...participants! :P
"Just open your eyes
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Can we order delivery from Mucho Mocha? If they can use the library's teleport system it'll mean yummies from Becky...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Can we order delivery from Mucho Mocha? If they can use the library's teleport system it'll mean yummies from Becky...
If that happens, I'm getting Giordano's Deep Dish, and JJ's tabletop stuffed cheese(they are huge)pizzas, and a ton of Ten Ren's Hibiscus Spice tea.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Can we order delivery from Mucho Mocha? If they can use the library's teleport system it'll mean yummies from Becky...
If that happens, I'm getting Giordano's Deep Dish, and JJ's tabletop stuffed cheese(they are huge)pizzas, and a ton of Ten Ren's Hibiscus Spice tea.
As far a pizza goes, I'd do what it takes to get my hands on a Godfather's deluxe. There was one store here in Houston when I moved here a year and a half ago. It wasn't convenient to where I was, so I only got two of 'em before they were gone...

(To be honest, I'm hoping Tina delivers it herself more than the goodies....)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

So getting the job with the sound and lighting company may not happen. I haven't been able to reach the guy to set up the interview. He may be out of town doing work, but I called the day he told me to call to set it up, and no answer. Makes me worry that he's just dodging my calls because he doesn't want to hire me after all.

So my instructor put me on the trail of another company, so I might be able to get in contact with that guy.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I'm sure we can get the original books from Phix at the library, too...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

jwhouk wrote:I'm sure we can get the original books from Phix at the library, too...
Oh I have the books. :) I've had them for a few years. I just need to actually read the darn things. :P
"Just open your eyes
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Alkarii wrote:So getting the job with the sound and lighting company may not happen. I haven't been able to reach the guy to set up the interview. He may be out of town doing work, but I called the day he told me to call to set it up, and no answer. Makes me worry that he's just dodging my calls because he doesn't want to hire me after all.

So my instructor put me on the trail of another company, so I might be able to get in contact with that guy.
Still sending good vibes towards ya...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Alkarii wrote:So getting the job with the sound and lighting company may not happen. I haven't been able to reach the guy to set up the interview. He may be out of town doing work, but I called the day he told me to call to set it up, and no answer. Makes me worry that he's just dodging my calls because he doesn't want to hire me after all.

Still sending good vibes towards ya...
And positive waves!