More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Re: More Stuff

Post by jwhouk »

Line forms to the right, gentlemen.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Heh, I'd just taken a photo of the moon myself the other day, testing out my new camera's capabilities. First time that I've had a personal camera that could take decent images of it that weren't just "vague yellowish orb-shape in the dark" in style.
One of these days - in about a week, when it'll be full - i may unlimber the cannon - 500mm mirror lens.

That one will be harder, since i have t sort of beat on the camera to get it to operate at all with a non-Nikon lens, and it definitely DOESN'T have image satabilisation, but bracing it on the car top and bracketing by a stop or so might give some good results.

I gotta get a physically-smaller, lighter 500mm.
Could be worse. I once had to field test a camera lens that weighed sixteen kilograms and was somewhere over three-quarters of a meter in length. Nobody thought to include any sort of a bipod or anything handy such as that, either, so there were a lot of awkward field-expedient improvisations involving carefully arranged piles of rocks and sticks and tape.
Alkarii wrote:'Bout ready to burn this mutha f***a down... but I won't, since I gotta make car payments and such.
I sometimes wonder if bill payments weren't intentionally invented for the purpose of helping to keep society from self-destructing.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

This is GREAT! (literally).

Some browsers (like ... oh ... Firefox?) may be a bit cranky about playing it.

But it's well worth watching.

Perhaps edging into PG13 - R Crumb style bare breasts in one quick flash, and a corsetry joke or two.

Won both 1975 Oscar and BAFTA best animated short.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I need to update Adobe Flash before it'll play...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Chrome sits and spins; I gave up on it.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Typeminer wrote:Chrome sits and spins; I gave up on it.
Under Ubuntu Studio, Chromium would not allow it to play, and Chrome played it just fine. (Chromium being the Open Source version of Chrome, will not play certain media types that require a proprietary plugin...)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"Under Ubuntu Studio"... I also tried it, on two different platforms mind you.

I'll try again under Win8 tomorrow. (But truth is I'm angeling to test out a bump to Win Ten fer reals, so...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

TazManiac wrote:(But truth is I'm angeling to test out a bump to Win Ten fer reals, so...)
Just remember what was said in a previous thread about privacy issues under Win10... and make sure to do a custom install, so you can disable all that data collecting stuff. Just google something like "Windows 10 privacy", and you'll get lots of tips on what needs to be done. Plenty of YouTube videos on that subject, too.

Here are some links to get you started:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... windows-8/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... c-updates/
http://www.infoworld.com/article/294962 ... panic.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleath ... d-updates/
Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy - YouTube
http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... microsoft/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2978239/ ... storm.html
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

So Helen and i took the girls to the Gainesville branch of the Atlanta Botanical Garden for the Lego display.

Here are a few pictures (there are several more - rather more spectacular - Lego sculptures, and flowers and granddaughters - i'm putting together a web page with Lots More Pictures):

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Alkarii wrote:Looks like twerking has been around a hell of a lot longer than most people thought.
From about 1840 I think.

The word, not the dance :)

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015 ... rigin-oed/
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:So Helen and i took the girls to the Gainesville branch of the Atlanta Botanical Garden for the Lego display.
Have you ever had the opportunity to visit one of the Legoland theme parks?
Grantwhy wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Looks like twerking has been around a hell of a lot longer than most people thought.
From about 1840 I think.

The word, not the dance :)
The dance has probably been around a lot longer.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Looking for something else and this popped up on the side...A Dalek on a game show...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Thx Lake-y, I've had the ISOs downloaded for quite some time now...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Jabberwonky wrote:Looking for something else and this popped up on the side...A Dalek on a game show...
And following the side links on that video...

Vote Dalek - Party Political Broadcast
Vote Dalek - Diplomacy
Vote Dalek - Victory

:lol: :lol: :lol:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

TazManiac wrote:Thx Lake-y, I've had the ISOs downloaded for quite some time now...
I didn'T even know those privacy issues existed, until they were mentioned in a different thread, a while back...

Takes the "It's not a bug, it's a feature" to a whole new level... :|
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

The right joint in my jaw hurts. My brother says I may be grinding my teeth at night, so I'm gonna buy a mouth guard to use as a sort of cushion or something.

Either way, it makes eating a bit uncomfortable.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

lake_wrangler wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Thx Lake-y, I've had the ISOs downloaded for quite some time now...
I didn'T even know those privacy issues existed, until they were mentioned in a different thread, a while back...

I'll likely take the weekend and do the 'upgrade'. I don't even use Windows products much anymore but my client base does, so it pays to keep up to date, so to speak.

My only current concern is the system came preinstalled w/ Win8 so I'm looking into creating reinstall media to add to the archive prior o umping off the bridge...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

TazManiac wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

I'll likely take the weekend and do the 'upgrade'. I don't even use Windows products much anymore but my client base does, so it pays to keep up to date, so to speak.

My only current concern is the system came preinstalled w/ Win8 so I'm looking into creating reinstall media to add to the archive prior o umping off the bridge...
Here's my thread on the update to Windows 10... It's been treating me fairly well so far, though I did have to wrestle with it for a while to make it stop telling Microsoft everything about everything I ever did with the bloody machine.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I took the day off to put in job applications. The people at work know I'm gonna put in a two weeks notice. I'll hold off on doing that until I actually get something lined up. Hopefully I can get something to make my car payments, at least until I go to Cleveland for that audition, which I can hopefully pass.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Alkarii wrote:I took the day off to put in job applications. The people at work know I'm gonna put in a two weeks notice. I'll hold off on doing that until I actually get something lined up. Hopefully I can get something to make my car payments, at least until I go to Cleveland for that audition, which I can hopefully pass.
Crossing my fingers and sending good vibes your way for that bass gig...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous