More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Re: More Stuff

Post by Jabberwonky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:A new coffee to try at Mucho Mocha...
It's very nice if you fancy a super-duper strong brew.
O.o

How does that even work? What? is the bottom of the cup a filter? but wouldn't the coffee just pour back out through the filter? My brain, it hurts...

EDIT:
Found out how it works. It's not sorcery. it just looks a lot like it.

EDITEDIT:

Gawd, the finished product looked like mud.
I haven't tried Turkish coffee yet, but I've had Bosnian coffee prepared by real Bosnians. It looks kinda similar without the sand pit heating. I thought I was going to vibrate through the walls like The Flash does... :shock:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I bought a car yesterday. A used, red 2014 Hyundai Sonata, less than 26,000 miles on it. Handles really well, and also my first car. I'm a bit stoked.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Not very used, coolness. Congrats on the new ride.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Not very used, coolness. Congrats on the new ride.
Is it bad I heard this?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Nope. Some guys sang that at the junior high talent show. Pretty funny, and they won.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:
Is it bad I heard this?
That link doesn't work for me - takes me to the YouTube front page; i copied and reworked it and got this link: , which does work for me.

Your link was https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RUJGml0cKYo , which is a format i don't recall seeing anywhere else before.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Is it bad I heard this?
That link doesn't work for me - takes me to the YouTube front page; i copied and reworked it and got this link: , which does work for me.

Your link was https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RUJGml0cKYo , which is a format i don't recall seeing anywhere else before.
This is not the first time I encounter such a link on this forum (never bothered to keep track of whether it was always the same user or not, though...) and when clicking on it, it redirects Youtube to a URL that replaces the "#" with "?app=desktop#". If you simply remove "?app=desktop#/" from the redirected URL (including one forward slash) (or "#/", if it didn't redirect the url), the link then works.

Of course, it would be easier on all future readers/link-followers if the URL provided did not include the extra "#/"...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:That link doesn't work for me - takes me to the YouTube front page; i copied and reworked it and got this link: , which does work for me.

That was from youtube, though that format also comes up from direct google searches. What's funny is your reworked linky doesn't work on either of my tablets, nor my laptop.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

DinkyInky wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:That link doesn't work for me - takes me to the YouTube front page; i copied and reworked it and got this link: , which does work for me.

That was from youtube, though that format also comes up from direct google searches. What's funny is your reworked linky doesn't work on either of my tablets, nor my laptop.
Ah. And also Ha.

The mystery, she is solved.

Partly, anyway.

What type of tablets/laptop are they?

I think your link is specifically for mobile devices, while the one i generated is the standard, basic generic YouTube link.

Your link works on my tablet (Android JellyBean) but so does mine.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yes the M at the beginning means mobile for YouTube links. Whenever I post from my phone I always have to change that to WWW when posting to forums.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The funny thing is, I have Kindle Fire HD tablets, and they don't like the mobile versions, so it's in desktop mode.

My Laptops are Dell Latitudes and HP 2000's. The HP doesn't always like desktop mode(due to the OS).

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My initial thought was the URL was a copy/paste but was running into cross-platform malformations and looking at the 'previous-to-mine' replies, I might be right...

btw- I've been jamming my hustle lately all the way up to 11 and so I missed my chance to post the following reference on the actual Page 53, where it would have been apropos...

Volkswagen Scirocco, (type 53)

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DinkyInky wrote:
Is it bad I heard this?
Funnily enough, that was going through my head earlier today while watching this.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Here's something else I find funny: yesterday I was working in the garden section, loading cars. That morning, a lady asked if her rental car would be able to hold all the mulch she bought (I think it was six or eight bags), and when she pulled up, I had to laugh. She was driving a red Sonata, probably the same year as mine.

Today, I stopped by Guitar Center to pick up strings and sticks. I happened to turn around as I was checking out, and someone had stopped right outside of the door. I only saw the tail end of it, but it was another red Sonata, also probably the same year as mine.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That's called the Same Car Syndrome. You don't realize who else is driving the same kind of car you are driving until you take ownership of said car.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:That's called the Same Car Syndrome. You don't realize who else is driving the same kind of car you are driving until you take ownership of said car.
Oh, yeah. It was amazing how many Volkswagen Variants ("Squareback") appeared on the streets of Silicon Valley, shortly after we bought one for my wife to drive a couple of decades ago.
AnotherFairportfan

Speaking of VWs:

From now on, i take a real camera everywhere i go, and every tgime i set out i wash my car windows.

The interesting thing that is almost nearly sorta visible in this shot, taken with my tablet, which may have had a fingerprint on the lens, through a smeary windshield facing the sun is that that VW has a plate from (presumably) - the year it was made - which, from what i remember about Georgia plates and what i think i remember about VWs, has to be sometime in the 60s* ... and that its right rear fender is made completely out of more recent Georgia plates:

=====================

* From1957 to 1970 Georgia license plates began with a one-to-three digit number, which indicated which county the vehicle was registered in; the numbers were assigned in order of population, with Fulton County (Atlanta, basically) as #1, and Echols County at #159 {the only state with more counties than Georgia, i think, is Texas}.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I think a Sonata will haul 8 bags of mulch. Especially if it's a rental. ;)

They seem to be decent cars. And 26,000 miles is so new it's barely out of the box. Mazel tov!
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:That's called the Same Car Syndrome. You don't realize who else is driving the same kind of car you are driving until you take ownership of said car.
Oh, yeah. It was amazing how many Volkswagen Variants ("Squareback") appeared on the streets of Silicon Valley, shortly after we bought one for my wife to drive a couple of decades ago.
Somehow, I don't seem to suffer from that...

Here I am, with my two vehicles: a 1991 GMC Suburban (diesel, 4X4, 3 rows of full-size seats, luggage rack and tow hitch - everything I always wanted in the vehicle of my dreams, including the fact that it's old enough to be the bigger, squarish model - 1991 was the last year they made that model like that), and a 2012 Surly Disc Trucker touring bicycle. I have seen maybe 5 Suburbans around Montréal, that are in the same age bracket, and a few more while in the States, but they are becoming rather rare...

Even the bicycle, is not a model I see around too much. I have seen one or two Long Haul Truckers (the same bike but with regular brakes instead of disc brakes), but no other disc trucker so far. And mine is rather oddly modified, too... Custom rear luggage rack, disc brake cover in the back (have not had time to do one for the front, yet, it protects the piston and caliper assembly from the road salt that comes with the snow that falls off the fender), a second stem and handlebar, to serve as accessory bar (horn on the left, and the assembly to hold my handlebar bag is attached to this second stem and handlebar, to leave the real handlebar free of clutter), two luggage racks at the front (one lowrider, one regular one on top), and custom fender extension flap at the front, and a homemade kickstand that affixes itself to the top of the frame, rather than underneath - can be seen in action in the first photo.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Typeminer wrote:I think a Sonata will haul 8 bags of mulch. Especially if it's a rental. ;)
Like this last weekend I found out my Sonic will withstand 6 18x12" 50lb concrete paving stones in the back before the board covering the spare tire storage starts to seriously bend. The other 3 had to go up front on the floorboard.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!