More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Catawampus

Re: More Stuff

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:If drones start coming into use like this, people WILL start trying to shoot them down both for fun and to see what they can win in the free stuff lottery.
Plus the people who see it and think, "Aaaaaaa, drone! It must be the CIA/NSA/MIB/KGB/NWO/NAACP! The guvmint's out to get me! Shoot it down!"

Current laws probably already cover that sort of thing (destruction of private property, improper gun use, whatever) and insurance policies cover similar risks, so it would probably end up being left up to the companies involved whether or not they want to take that risk. Though if it gets to be such a major problem as to cause undue public danger or hardship, then the government might decide to step in and regulate things even more.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus: I think we could make that a separate thread. I've seen it done in the off-season in hockey (who's your favorite player).

EDIT: And here we are!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I gotta go buy me some blueberries at Kroger - they're as big as grapes!

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:There's no reason not to at least plan for the eventuality, so that they can be ready to take advantage of the situation at the first possible moment: it doesn't cost them that much to plan, it gives them extra publicity while the concept is being considered, and if it all falls through they can blame it all on the government for spoiling the fun.
And, if the gov. does ban it, they get to have all that fun, and never have to worry about getting additional liabilty insurance to cover the inevitable drone crashes during large-scale commercial deployment.

Having your drone lose power, and dump its payload of freshly-baked pizza into the crowd of civilians below its flightpath, woud be rather dire. Molten mozzarella at 80 MPH would be bad enough, and anchovy shrapnel would make matters much worse. :(
AnotherFairportfan

So i was able to shake loose some cash and order a 55 - 200 mm zoom for the Nikon from KWH.

It came today.

And i had to play with it.

Here's the 18 - 55 at 18 mm:

And here's the 55 - 200 mm at 200:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Do you go, "Zooooom! ZOOOOOOOM!!!" when you're using it, though?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Do you go, "Zooooom! ZOOOOOOOM!!!" when you're using it, though?
I wanna hear him go "Mooooz! MOOOOOOOZ!" when he pulls back for a wider shot, too!
AnotherFairportfan

Story here.  (WARNING: Video autoplays.)
AnotherFairportfan

In Gainesville, there is a park.

In the park, there is a creek.

In the creek, this afternoon, were granddaughters.

I had the ISO at 1600 and 3200, and i was shooting in aperture-priority mode with the lens wide open, so the exposures were in the 1/2000 to 1/3000 second range.
AnotherFairportfan

Inevitably, in the park were flowers:

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Heh, I went splashing around in one of the local rivers hereabout just a little while ago myself, though I lacked the hair bows or the pink suit with floral pattern (they just don't seem to make those in my size). I did manage to round up a fair number of salamanders, however, which must count for something.

Anyway, some proof that Springtime does actually eventually show up here around my home in the mountains to thaw the ice:

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Inevitably, in the park were flowers:

EDIT: Beautiful Spring Foliage Images
"Curse your sudden but inevitable flowering."
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:"Curse your sudden but inevitable flowering."
What did Castela do this time?!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Inevitably, in the park were flowers
Catawampus wrote:Anyway, some proof that Springtime does actually eventually show up here around my home in the mountains to thaw the ice
Whoooa, the colours... :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
AnotherFairportfan

From an online source:

Taken at a recent Springsteen concert:

So was her mother, apparently.
AnotherFairportfan

I think i've posted one of these before.  I was going through the pictures on the SD card that i transferred from my old phone to my new one, and i decided to share some of these.

(I think there's one more in there i need to find, actually.  I'll dig more.)

AnotherFairportfan

There it is!

(In case you can't make it out = the figures are zombies. Zombie Daddy's foot is missing. Zombie doggie has a foor in its mouth.)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I really wish this forum would let you embed YooTewb videos.

Your Feet's Too Big
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Picture i took with the phone a year or so ago - let's touch all the bases - pandering to macho imagery and condescending to women ("See? We made it a pretty pink for you cute grrls..."):

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I'm equally disturbed by the notion of making a screwdriver that looks like a revolver.