What beverage would Tina get you?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Tenjen

What beverage would Tina get you?

Post by Tenjen »

Not sure if this has been done before, but what would Tina automatically get you when you walked into her Coffee shop?

For me it would be a cold coffee beverage, different each visit but with the common trait of having cream and drowning in caramel whip. Some that shouldn't even have that much caramel. Or be cold.

She'd then spend my time there glancing at me occasionally with snarky bemusement (and I mean the actual "bemuse", not the mistaken usage people utilize it so often for)
Last edited by Tenjen on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Atomic

Re: What beverage would Tina get you?

Post by Atomic »

A nice hot chocolate with a touch of cinnamon.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

At first glance, it appeared that there was a Mexican restaurant of some sort at the one end of the strip mall – which, upon closer inspection, was nothing more than a series of buildings that looked somewhat old compared to a typical "strip mall" façade. When I took a second look, however, I saw that it was decked out with coffee-cup designs alongside its southwestern motif. The sign above the door clinched it: Mucho Mocha.

I looked at the building with more than a quizzical glance – surely this couldn't be for real, could it? – yet I found myself making way across the street to reach the coffeehouse. I looked around briefly, as if to see if there were any strange creatures or stray dogs (or cats!) in the area, then mustered up my courage and went inside. The Mexican-theme to the place continued inside, with some reliquary photos and a sombrero-type "chandelier" hanging over the order line. I wasn't sure what to expect from behind the counter, but I looked to see what exactly was on the menu for coffee.

"Good afternoon!" a voice said to break my reverie, "Can I help you?" This younger, skinny gal with a choker necklace and a ponytail smiled at me from behind the counter. I froze for a second, as deer in the headlights. This can NOT be real, I told myself.

"Uh, yeah..." I stammered a bit as I pondered what to drink. "I'll have a caramel latte with skim milk and an extra shot of espresso, please," I told her.

"All righty," she smiled, her fanged teeth evident in her smile. "You looked more like you wanted a mocha latte with an extra shot, though," she said with a querying look.

"Heh, no," I said, trying not to look into her silver-gray eyes. "I prefer caramel in my coffee to mocha, thanks." I shrugged a bit as I fished some cash out of my wallet. "Guess I'm not that easy to read."

She finished pouring the steamed milk and looked at me with a studied eye. "No, I think you had mocha on your mind when you came in here," she said. I shrugged with a half-smile as I accepted the coffee from her and my change.

"Well, I wasn't quite expecting a coffee house with your exterior décor," I told her. "I was somewhat surprised by the word mocha on the marquee instead of tacos or burritos." She chuckled a bit at that.

"I get that on occasion. People walk in here thinking it’s a cantina or something, and they end up walking out with a double latte," she smiled as she relaxed against the servery. She looked up into my eyes for a second. "Something troubling you, hon?" she asked with a hint of concern.

"No, no, not really," I said quickly. "Just I never imagined I'd meet such intriguing people in Minneapolis."

"Ohhhh," she said with a nod. "You're from out of town. Wisconsin, I take it?" as she pointed to my sweatshirt, which had my alma mater's logo emblazoned on the front.

"Yeah," I replied. "Whitewater alum from '89. Up here for a conference." The bell on the door rang as another customer wandered in, thankfully ending my conversation. I nodded a thanks to her and walked off with my coffee to a seat in the cafe.
From "Wapsi Me", circa 2008
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'd either end up with something caramel-y/sugary sweet and iced or a hot tea. :) At least, I hope I'd end up with one of those. Those drinks are my favorites to order from such shops. I can't really say what my aura would tell Tina to give me since a) I'm not entirely sure what my aura would look like to her (other than to say I'm not a morning person and that I don't like being a human popscicle in winter or a sweat machine in summer) and b) I'm not well versed in the varieties of beverages available at said establishments and what they might say about me as a person. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

French Roast espresso with a hazelnut shot put in after, and not mixed, or an Earl Grey hot and plain(must taste bitter before sweet).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Short caffeine IV, to go.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm not sure what she'd offer me. Under normal circumstances it would probably be a triple-shot espresso with a rich soy creamer, and maybe some powdered chocolate on top.

But, after the incident in which she served Georgette a grande ayahuasca with a peyote chaser, I think I might come down on the side of safety and just insist on having a (sealed) bottle of distilled water.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

mind you, given her nature, i dont think we have much choice over our coffee other than what our internals declare to her XD, once she states it, we'll realize what a good idea that sounds like
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Who knows, seeing as I am not a coffee drinker and rarely have hot tea. Also it could vary wildly depending on whatever vibes my aura was putting out that day. Does Tina even have unsweet iced tea or Mountain Dew?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Barq's root beer.

Well, Barq's Sr, not Barq's root beer.

Real Barq's.

The stuff you could only get in Louisiana, as opposed to the pretty-good-but-ordinary root beer in a silver can frm Biloxi that Coke bought out and went national with.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The largest cup she serves with 6 shots of espresso vanilla latte-ized. (got hooked on those doing research for coffee drinks for a story)
What she'd serve me, I have no idea considering how confused my mind always feels...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Keep in mind that she might end up serving you something totally different than what you'd expect or usually order, just to change things up a bit for you.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'd be asking for Sumatran, but I'd probably get Tanzanian Pea-Berry... And that'd be OK too...

(We have these places out here [in San Fran] called Pete'z {w/ a 'Z'}, they brew your cup as you order them. And there's always a line...)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Okay...so I've had at least one cup of fantastic tea every day for the past week, so now I'm thinking that she'd definitely get me a freshly brewed cup of hot tea...brewed from loose leaf...either a blend of teas or just something that smells and tastes like heaven. :)

My husband got me an $80 gift card to Teavana (a place I've never allowed myself to enter with money in hand) for Christmas this year, so I bought two ounces of three different loose leaf teas...a chai maté, a toasted nut brulee oolong, and a fancy-pants, expensive-as-all-hell-but smooth-and-heavenly-enough-to-be-worth-it black tea...along with some German rock sugar and a really nice travel thermos/tumbler thing that keeps my tea hot for hours. Yeah...tea heaven...so I definitely would be getting teas from Tina. :P
"Just open your eyes
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Julie wrote:...so I definitely would be getting teas from Tina. :P
Well, Tina does seem to be quite good at teasing. Maybe all that time with Nudge influenced her.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hot cinnamon tea with cream and a shot of cayenne pepper, double sweet. If you love cinnamon, that's the way to go.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Julie

Post by Julie »

Catawampus wrote:
Julie wrote:...so I definitely would be getting teas from Tina. :P
Well, Tina does seem to be quite good at teasing. Maybe all that time with Nudge influenced her.
Pay up you! The Pun Jar sounds hungry. :P
"Just open your eyes
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:Okay...so I've had at least one cup of fantastic tea every day for the past week, so now I'm thinking that she'd definitely get me a freshly brewed cup of hot tea...brewed from loose leaf...either a blend of teas or just something that smells and tastes like heaven. :)

My husband got me an $80 gift card to Teavana (a place I've never allowed myself to enter with money in hand) for Christmas this year, so I bought two ounces of three different loose leaf teas...a chai maté, a toasted nut brulee oolong, and a fancy-pants, expensive-as-all-hell-but smooth-and-heavenly-enough-to-be-worth-it black tea...along with some German rock sugar and a really nice travel thermos/tumbler thing that keeps my tea hot for hours. Yeah...tea heaven...so I definitely would be getting teas from Tina. :P
So um, Miss Julie...this would probably be a bad place to send you too? In my defense, they have some gorgeous blends, and even some teas for the fanatics in all of us. The fandom blends are quite interesting.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Julie wrote:Pay up you! The Pun Jar sounds hungry. :P
Pun? What pun? *looks innocent*

Eh. I've also got a nice vacuum flask for hot tea, which experience has shown will keep tea good and hot for over twenty-four hours even when I'm out in -60°C weather all day long. Therefore, I shall donate to the Pun Jar. . .the cheap little carry strap that I found somewhere and clipped onto it. There.
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:So um, Miss Julie...this would probably be a bad place to send you too? In my defense, they have some gorgeous blends, and even some teas for the fanatics in all of us. The fandom blends are quite interesting.
I don't know whether I should thank you for sharing that, or swear at you for being evil. :P I think I'll go with....Thank you for sharing. :) I'll have to show this to the hubby and see if he has a minor fit over the prices of teas I'd want to try. :)
"Just open your eyes