More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Re: More Stuff

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

A leech that lives exclusively in hippo's rectums.

No - really.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Not a leech that lives in hippo's rectums.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Chain link flowers. Honeysuckle, morning glories and some little white things i don't recognise

It's another type of Lonicera. Some stay white, others turn yellow as they get older. They used to grow crazy all over my fence after some moron planted them, then decided to build a picket fence in front of it(leaving it between my fence and her new one), with the bonus of my having heavenly scented shrubbery covering the ugly new unstained wooden fence.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

Don't think so. Someone identified it as a clematis. Here's a somewhat larger view of what i saw:

and here's a shot of Clematis virginiana from a nature website:

Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Now I know what to do when something breaks at work.
in case you're interested - i created that font myself. Here's a PDF of the Windows sample page, and here's a ZIP file of the font itself - feel free to use it or redistribute. I keep meaning to go back and add the missing glyphs (like periods? Seriously, mike...) But i haven't yet.
I'd suggest making some of the less-often-used letters look slightly faded. Maybe a mark like part of a coffee-cup ring across the J, or...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Typeminer wrote:Periods are overused anyhow;

Don't stop! Don't stop! Don't stop now! :mrgreen:

**grabs keyboard and runs like hell**
[EDIT]

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... =11vmasp43

Schtupid links posted from the phone.... (now appended w/ shorter link, above...)
Last edited by TazManiac on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Red Labial Johnnie Worker?

Oh, my . . . :shock:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Typeminer wrote:Red Labial Johnnie Worker?

"Distillbed, bottled and olded"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Typeminer wrote:Red Labial Johnnie Worker?

That one was particularly chuckle-worthy.

One question comes to mind: which (if any) of these is actually "sufficiently close" to the original, that it would confuse the average consumer into believing that it was actually real? If I recall correctly, that's part of what determines (in the U.S. at least) whether a trademark violation actually exists.

In any case, I imagine that these are enough to keep the trademark-and-brand-protection lawyerbeasts as busy as they might want to be.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

the last one that's a play on the famous coffee place, ha!... the people that are behind that one KNOW that they are calling it a dirty name no doubt about it... look at the text UNDER the iconic mermaid... yeah, they know all right...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Don't think so. Someone identified it as a Clematis. Here's a somewhat larger view of what i saw:

Much obliged for the larger picture, and yeah, not a honeysuckle.

I tend to avoid wiki anything, no offense, as people editing it get it wrong(or do it out of pettiness), but from my search of various gardening sites and blogs, your larger picture has a differing closed bloom appearance than Virgin's Bower you posted. Maybe it's Clematis paniculata? This looks closer to your mystery plant. Let me know what you think.

BTW, I had no clue Clematis grew with tiny blooms. My Grandmother had an enormous plum coloured one trellis grown into an arch in her yard...it's survived her and my Grandfather both(he got it for her), and is I think, about a decade older than I am.

Similar to this one, but a bit skinnier in the petals.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
AnotherFairportfan

Darwin Award finalist does not win big prize.

Man Trying To Prove Gun Won't Fire Shoots Self In Head

Don't point guns at people, or yourself.

The Huffington Post wrote: OVERGAARD, Ariz. (AP) -- A 23-year-old Phoenix man is in critical condition after shooting himself in the head while trying to show that a handgun could not be fired while he had the safety mechanism engaged.

The Navajo County Sheriff's Office said Christen Reece fired his handgun Wednesday while shooting with six other people outside Overgaard in eastern Arizona.

Friends took Reece to the local fire department, where he was treated before being airlifted to a Scottsdale hospital for surgery.
He's still alive after he shot himself in the head.

Well, he didn't hit a vital organ, after all.
AnotherFairportfan

A beluga whale sprays water toward visitors at the Hakkeijima Sea Paradise aquarium in Yokohama, suburban Tokyo on July 20, 2015. Beluga whales are one of the most vocal types of whale, commonly found in the Arctic Ocean's coastal waters, as well as subarctic waters. Threats to the beluga whale in its natural habitat include killer whales, humans and their carbon footprint, and polar bears.

This picture taken on June 10, 2015 shows a young child playing with Bon-chan, a 19-year-old male African spurred tortoise weighing about 70 kg (154 pounds), while out walking with his owner Hisao Mitani (right) on a street in the town of Tsukishima in Tokyo. Bon-chan loves fruit and vegetables and is often offered carrot and cabbage pieces by cheering neighbors when he is out.

Imogen Davis holds Rufus, a Harris hawk, on centre court, where it is used to scare away pigeons, ahead of play on day four of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 2, 2015 in London, England. In the wild, Harris hawks engage in a behavior called back standing, where multiple hawks stack on top of each other's backs when perching areas are scarce.
AnotherFairportfan

Some better shots of the neighbour cat who comes by to mooch - pretty much known here as as "PK", which Helen dubbed him - short for "Pretty Kitty".

shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Image
I need to get to bed. I can't stop LOLing at "MasterBeef". And "preferirnos" sent me to Google since I've never heard that form of the word. I thought it was a misspelling.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Picture from almost exactly a year ago of which i am still inordinately proud:

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Very Maxfield Parrish like, well done...