More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: More Stuff

Post by Dave »

Typeminer wrote:Man, what did I do with that copy of the Alferd Packer Society Community Cookbook? :mrgreen:
Well, you've just helped me decide that the next time I'm in Boulder, I simply must go over to the University of Colorado for lunch. They serve quite a burger at the grill in the cafeteria.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I used to run interference for my overly picky Mother. When my siblings brought their prospective dates over, I'd be sharpening the cutlery with oilstones. Only the brave(or suicidally stupid) ones that had ulterior motives came back. They deserved the fright they got.
Lady, I like your style! :lol:

Did you happen to have a copy of the story "To Serve Man" sitting visible nearby? 8-)
Nope, but I did have my decorative sword collection in line to be sharpened(it was for effect...I sharpened them very little, maybe just the beginning of an edge). On the other hand, my Mother's knives split hairs.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I used to run interference for my overly picky Mother. When my siblings brought their prospective dates over, I'd be sharpening the cutlery with oilstones. Only the brave(or suicidally stupid) ones that had ulterior motives came back. They deserved the fright they got.
Lady, I like your style! :lol:

Did you happen to have a copy of the story "To Serve Man" sitting visible nearby? 8-)
Nope, but I did have my decorative sword collection in line to be sharpened(it was for effect...I sharpened them very little, maybe just the beginning of an edge). On the other hand, my Mother's knives split hairs.
... if I didn't have an ever-lovin' already at home... well, you would definatly have my attention...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Nope, but I did have my decorative sword collection in line to be sharpened(it was for effect...I sharpened them very little, maybe just the beginning of an edge). On the other hand, my Mother's knives split hairs.
... if I didn't have an ever-lovin' already at home... well, you would definatly have my attention...
I'd be careful...my son is cute and dangerous, especially where I'm concerned. He has a razor wit, and a black belt in puns and rapidfire comebacks. ;)
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Nope, but I did have my decorative sword collection in line to be sharpened(it was for effect...I sharpened them very little, maybe just the beginning of an edge). On the other hand, my Mother's knives split hairs.
I'd be careful...my son is cute and dangerous, especially where I'm concerned. He has a razor wit, and a black belt in puns and rapidfire comebacks. ;)
I stand warned...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I stand warned...
Which isn't synonymous with "discouraged". . .
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Good thing Dinky hasn't found a Library Portal near her place yet.

Notice that I said "yet" there...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jwhouk wrote:Good thing Dinky hasn't found a Library Portal near her place yet.

Notice that I said "yet" there...
Depends on which place. Pretty sure I found the one by my old place...two days before I moved. Not enough time to explore though. :cry:
Heck, I wish I could portal between my old and new place. My son is missing so many people right now that can't be reached by a short car trip(Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts and Uncles, a Grandfather, a few teachers, and a couple friends). He'd enjoy the trip...right after I pried him out of the library with a crowbar. He's as addicted to reading as I am.

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Catawampus wrote:
'Warned' ... 'aware of potential hazard'...

Miss Annie's reaction to such a predicament... THAT qualifies my assessment of my own reaction as 'discouraged'... not that it would occur to me to step out on Annie, I have plenty of satisfaction at home- but I still have the right to speak appreciation of a well-rounded, right-thinking woman as much as I have the right to observe a well-rounded fanny or nicely turned bustline.
Dinky Inky, I know nothing of your status regarding lovers/husband/whatever, but any man who lets you slip through his fingers is a consummate ass incapable of coherent thought or noble action...
... and your boy is wise to protect you!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
'Warned' ... 'aware of potential hazard'...

Miss Annie's reaction to such a predicament... THAT qualifies my assessment of my own reaction as 'discouraged'... not that it would occur to me to step out on Annie, I have plenty of satisfaction at home- but I still have the right to speak appreciation of a well-rounded, right-thinking woman as much as I have the right to observe a well-rounded fanny or nicely turned bustline.
Dinky Inky, I know nothing of your status regarding lovers/husband/whatever, but any man who lets you slip through his fingers is a consummate ass incapable of coherent thought or noble action...
... and your boy is wise to protect you!
As I am of him...my son is more precious to me than anything or anyone, and finding a worthy father was far down the rabbit hole on my to do list. His biological was such a descriptor. My son, now ten, has not seen him for nine-ish years now, and asks questions about him(yes, even at 16 months they can remember events with frightening clarity), which I answer, and state clearly, that if he can't lay me flat in two moves without punching, I will not let him attempt a meeting.
I screen most of what I post these days, not out of fear exactly, but as a time delay tactic, and any "social media" I do use is so muddied and sanitised, nothing I don't want them to find can be found, as I don't want the "Joyful, Educated, 'Respectable', Kind" man to look me back up until my son is scholastically, emotionally, and physically capable of handling a mentally exhausting, emotionally charged, and more than likely, physical altercation with said person.
That said, after about two decades, I can finally accept compliments of any type as what they are, kind words, so thanks. I do so like my cutlery to be as sharp as my wit.

--Safyr Drathmir
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, time for me to look for a new job. I'm not playing games anymore with getting that damn position that several people have been raising hell for me to get. By the time they hire a replacement for me in my current department, they'll have already filled the position that I'm supposed to get.

I really can't rely on others to help me get my life started anymore, so if I do get offered a job, I'll tell them I'll quit Home Depot the same day, if they want.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote: I do so like my cutlery to be as sharp as my wit.

... you know how to throw them, don't you-
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

When I do have them, they are balanced and weighted for me. When they aren't custom, I learn where their center is, and do my best. I miss(ed) my ex...but my aim improves.

Seriously though, I'm more about removing valve stems and belts and plug wires without evidence of me having done so. He's not worth the gunpowder and lead necessary for the detonation of his frame.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Sat May 30, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Safyr Drathmir
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Apparently people have been calling the police over concerns of this odd continuous whistling/hum that can be heard everywhere out here. So many calls have been made that there was an announcement on the news to stop calling the police, because they can't do anything about the cicadas. People were freaking out over bugs. Bugs that only show up once a decade. Well, this particular species, anyway.

I don't really like stereotypes, but I've noticed that people in this state have a tendency to be a little less smart than they should be.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:I don't really like stereotypes, but I've noticed that people in this state have a tendency to be a little less smart than they should be.
Not "less smart", perhaps... just prudish and hung-up.

The issue is, those cicadas are mating. Out in public. Loudly.

Your co-citizens are just embarrassed. ;)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, most of my fellow citizens are the sort I wish weren't even capable of mating at all.

I'm not talking about the overweight folks with half-rotten teeth and are incapable of wearing their pants properly. There's a lot of them, sure, but a lot of people around here are just terrible people. Talking on the phone while driving, leaving spit cups everywhere (often with huge, disgusting wads of tobacco floating around inside), and generally bigoted people.

Society really shouldn't permit them to breed (though that's a little hypocritical, and I'm being sarcastic anyways)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

When I do have them, they are balanced and weighted for me. When they aren't custom, I learn where their center is, and do my best. I miss(ed) my ex...but my aim improves.

Seriously though, I'm more about removing valve stems and belts and plug wires without evidence of me having done so. He's not worth the gunpowder and lead necessary for the detonation of his frame.
If you jam a can of carb cleaner between the cat converter and the frame, it takes a few moments for the can to heat up sufficiantly to burst- once it does, it fills the driver's compartment with a fair amount of carb cleaner- 96% ether- and also is hot enough to cause ignition.

Just thought you ought to know...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Wow, what an inventive way to kill someone. If I were a violent person, I'd just bury them up to their neck right next to a colony of fire ants.

Wait, how did you learn about that?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:If you jam a can of carb cleaner between the cat converter and the frame, it takes a few moments for the can to heat up sufficiantly to burst- once it does, it fills the driver's compartment with a fair amount of carb cleaner- 96% ether- and also is hot enough to cause ignition.

Just thought you ought to know...
If they're dead, they learn nothing. I want them to learn exactly one thing...fear me.

If they learn that, they won't try that on the next woman.

--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think the wife of a certain hockey player I know talked about that once...

Ah, yes, here she is...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin