Meta Data... and searching...

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Ohnhai

Meta Data... and searching...

Post by Ohnhai »

i love Wapsi and everything about it, but it does demand that you delve back into the archives from time to time to check up on a few details..

however there is a serious lack of meta tags for each strip meaning the search function is not all it could be. right now you might get lucky and remember the page title or roughly when it was but if you are searching for a specific strip usually the only way is to dive in to the archive at round about the time you think it happened and work from there.

I believe it would be a huge boon to the community if the community could edit the strips' tags. and over time the whole archive would gain a solid meta cloud that would deliver meaningful search results.

for example back when i thought Paul had drawn non-corporeal Monica with a Gauntlet I vaguely remembered her posing with her granpa's gun (thought she might have been gloved. she wasn't) had the strips tag included the characters (mon) and significant items (G'pa's Gun) then the search would have taken me directly to it.

I'm fairly sure Paul doesn't have the time to maintain this meta cloud and the Wapsi community is self correcting and self policing, so it make sense to put this our hands.

thoughts?
Ohnhai

Re: Meta Data... and searching...

Post by Ohnhai »

Sorry, this probably should have been in Wapsi pub