Guess What Came in the Mail Today?

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Guess What Came in the Mail Today?

Post by Jabberwonky »

=D
Bigger picher here...
Last edited by Jabberwonky on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Re: Guess What Came in the Mail Today?

Post by Dave »

That's always a great day, isn't it? :D
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:That's always a great day, isn't it? :D
I had to bite my lip not to squee as I walked up to the door with the envelope propped against it. =)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

In deference to the Pendulum of Life I hereby report that I missed a certain (non-wapsi related) something that I had actually paid ten dollars extra for two day delivery and it's likely sent back by now.

[ cue Charley Brown Arrrgh! of Woe... ]

(I try and like the UPS (wo)man but damn...)

otoh, I've been of a mind to commission a Tina related item for myself, and the time is approaching where such a thing becomes more likely.

So, all in all, Happy Day dude.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Yeah, I'm starting to work on the financials of getting a commission. I'm pretty sure it'll be one of having an OC getting a cup of
Tina's finest.

We'll see.

We'll see.

*rubs chin thoughtfully*
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Jabberwonky wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to work on the financials of getting a commission. I'm pretty sure it'll be one of having an OC getting a cup of
Tina's finest.

We'll see.

We'll see.

*rubs chin thoughtfully*
There's a dirty joke in there, somewhere. I can feel the tremor in the Force from its presence.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to work on the financials of getting a commission. I'm pretty sure it'll be one of having an OC getting a cup of
Tina's finest.

We'll see.

We'll see.

*rubs chin thoughtfully*
There's a dirty joke in there, somewhere. I can feel the tremor in the Force from its presence.
Here you go:
Jabberwonky wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to work on the financials of getting a commission. I'm pretty sure it'll be one of having an OC cupping Tina's finest.

We'll see.

We'll see.

*rubs thoughtfully*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

:lol: :lol:
Having said that...Denny would never, Tina's too good a friend to spoil with a relationship gone south...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Today, Monday was the third time I waited on a delivery. (Non-wapsi, but critical nonetheless...)

So I waited and waited and finally went outside to look for the truck, only to find a 'final notice', so I booked it around the corner and tracked him down. Grrrr....

Oh, and I shouldn't have to tell you guys to keep yer cupp'n mitts off Tina
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

TazManiac wrote:Oh, and I shouldn't have to tell you guys to keep yer cupp'n mitts off Tina
Sits quietly sipping a world class vanilla latte innocently... :roll:
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TazManiac wrote:Today, Monday was the third time I waited on a delivery. (Non-wapsi, but critical nonetheless...)

So I waited and waited and finally went outside to look for the truck, only to find a 'final notice', so I booked it around the corner and tracked him down. Grrrr....
I'd call the office he's out of and complain. he's obviously NOT knocking/ringing the doorbell or whatever it takes to get your notice, AND waiting for a few seconds for you to GET to the door otherwise, and is just bypassing your door. especially if this is the third time he's done that to you. it's probably because he's under a time crunch and it's less time to write the notice and leave it on your door, than it takes to properly wait for a response to a doorbell, so he's saving time by lying about you NOT being home when he does his paperwork for the day...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

scantrontb wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Today, Monday was the third time I waited on a delivery. (Non-wapsi, but critical nonetheless...)

I'd call the office he's out of and complain. he's obviously NOT knocking/ringing the doorbell or whatever it takes to get your notice, AND waiting for a few seconds for you to GET to the door otherwise, and is just bypassing your door. especially if this is the third time he's done that to you. it's probably because he's under a time crunch and it's less time to write the notice and leave it on your door, than it takes to properly wait for a response to a doorbell, so he's saving time by lying about you NOT being home when he does his paperwork for the day...
All of the commercial delivery services here are absolutely terrible in that way. The driver will park the truck, jog up to your door, tap once on the door while simultaneously sticking the missed-delivery notice on it, then immediately jog back to the truck and drive off. To get your parcel you need to be sitting at your window where you can see the road approaching your home, so that you can get a running start and meet them at the door as they arrive. Or throw yourself in front of the truck.

It seems that the business plan has changed from "deliver the mail" to "drive in a loop as rapidly as possible".

The government delivery service goes to somewhat opposite extremes. The mail female drives up in her old Jeep with the malfunctioning muffler that you can hear approaching from a mile down the valley. She comes up to the door and pounds away on it for a good ten seconds. If that doesn't work, she goes up to any nearby window and bangs on it and yells for a little while. Then she thumps on the door again, for good measure. If she gets no response, then she just leaves your delivery sitting in your front yard and drives away. That's all only if she can't crunch down your parcel enough to cram it into your mailbox, of course.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Oh, and I shouldn't have to tell you guys to keep yer cupp'n mitts off Tina
Be thankful he's not like the old UPS guy that used to deliver. He'd sign for them and leave them on my doorstep in the rain. When it happened to a delivery from Fry's of computer parts, there was a replacement of both the parts and the driver three days later. Call and report it. Let them know you were waiting home all day.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home?
biggerer image here...

Now it's time to hit the frame shop then hang them next to each other...
Biggerer image here...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wow. :shock: Y'know, even with all of the Pablo original strip art I have bought over the past few years, I never once had the idea of buying a print of the final version from him and framing the two versions together.

Dude, that is brilliant... and I am clearly as blind to the obvious as Atsali.

(My wife will surely grin and say "So this is a surprise?" when I tell her.)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Wow. :shock: Y'know, even with all of the Pablo original strip art I have bought over the past few years, I never once had the idea of buying a print of the final version from him and framing the two versions together.

Before the breakup, I'd won a double handful of auctions. Iwas going to do this with several of them. I especially wanted to do it with the original format . Having one over the other in a single matted frame. NowI just have to decide what kind of frames...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:Wow. :shock: Y'know, even with all of the Pablo original strip art I have bought over the past few years, I never once had the idea of buying a print of the final version from him and framing the two versions together.

Before the breakup, I'd won a double handful of auctions. Iwas going to do this with several of them. I especially wanted to do it with the original format . Having one over the other in a single matted frame. NowI just have to decide what kind of frames...
You could make something like a triptych frame, maybe photoshop colour a version on your pc and then print it on matte photo paper, then hang them in sequence?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:You could make something like a triptych frame, maybe photoshop colour a version on your pc and then print it on matte photo paper, then hang them in sequence?
Triptych presentations can be very cool. Paul had sent me a couple of preliminary concept sketches for the commission which became "Time in the Time Forest". After I received the final version, I asked him for (and he kindly granted) permission to make myself a special triptych... a scan of the final art, plus the two concept sketches. It's really neat... as with Jabberwonky's two-fer it shows how an image can evolve and develop on the way to its final form.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

You could make something like a triptych frame, maybe photoshop colour a version on your pc and then print it on matte photo paper, then hang them in sequence?
That's a great idea, Dinky...I wish I had gotten to keep the comission I got from Paul. That would have been a great thing to do with it.

Now I'm looking at the strip and thinkin' colors...

Hmm...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:That's a great idea, Dinky...I wish I had gotten to keep the comission I got from Paul.
That sounds as if it was a difficult breakup. :(

I'm sorry that whatever happened, "happened hard."