I've been bra shopping...

A little corner to talk bra sizing, good places to shop, helpful blog links, all things body positive.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

Julie wrote:
Dave wrote:Shudder. :shock: Weeping Angels. You had to invoke Weeping Angels. Now I won't sleep at all tonight.
I'd have the same problem...except now I'm imagining a Weeping Angel with a bra on it's face à la my avatar. :) That's a LOT less scary.
I was going to ask how it would know whether you're looking at it or not, with a bra covering its face, but then I remembered that even damaged ones, with no longer visible eyes, were able to move when not looked at.

(Can you guess what I've been binge viewing on Netflix, for the last little two weeks or so? ;) )

P.S. The Statue of Liberty being a weeping angel is just silly! Yes, it makes sense that you would hear it take a few steps and then it would stop (when someone turned and looked), but it makes no sense that it would continue to be able to move, after those first few steps: how could people not notice that it's not in the right place, and then just stare at it?!? :roll: :lol:
Julie

Re: Search…

Post by Julie »

Hansontoons wrote:
Julie wrote:I'd have the same problem...except now I'm imagining a Weeping Angel with a bra on it's face à la my avatar. :) That's a LOT less scary.
That comment made me drop my Sonic Screwdriver while enjoying a pleasant laugh!
*takes a bow* :D
lake_wrangler wrote:
Julie wrote:
Dave wrote:Shudder. :shock: Weeping Angels. You had to invoke Weeping Angels. Now I won't sleep at all tonight.
I'd have the same problem...except now I'm imagining a Weeping Angel with a bra on it's face à la my avatar. :) That's a LOT less scary.
I was going to ask how it would know whether you're looking at it or not, with a bra covering its face, but then I remembered that even damaged ones, with no longer visible eyes, were able to move when not looked at.

(Can you guess what I've been binge viewing on Netflix, for the last little two weeks or so? ;) )

P.S. The Statue of Liberty being a weeping angel is just silly! Yes, it makes sense that you would hear it take a few steps and then it would stop (when someone turned and looked), but it makes no sense that it would continue to be able to move, after those first few steps: how could people not notice that it's not in the right place, and then just stare at it?!? :roll: :lol:
Huh...good point. :) Oh well. It worked because it made a better visual for the story. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
GlytchMeister

Re: I've been bra shopping...

Post by GlytchMeister »

I don't think it was a real weeping angel. The Statue of Liberty is made primarily of copper, weeping angels are stone... Even their kids.

Which brings up another point: they have kids... A hallmark of biological reproduction. So, I think it's reasonable to say the weeping angels, as a species, don't include giant metal versions. I know there can be mutations and such, yeah... But I don't think mutations can cause a single member of the species to lose their wings, grow into a building-sized titan, and alter their primary defense mechanism to use copper with a heavy petina instead of stone.

I think the Statue of Liberty is just a Weeping Angel mech.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Not all of the Weeping Angels had wings...especially not in that episode. Remember the woman and child statues from outside that guy's house?
"Just open your eyes
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Julie wrote:Not all of the Weeping Angels had wings...especially not in that episode. Remember the woman and child statues from outside that guy's house?
I only watch Weeping Angel episodes once... So no. I am not ashamed to admit I am terrified of the bastards.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Julie wrote:Not all of the Weeping Angels had wings...especially not in that episode. Remember the woman and child statues from outside that guy's house?
I only watch Weeping Angel episodes once... So no. I am not ashamed to admit I am terrified of the bastards.
Oh you should be. They are always terrifying. They just aren't always winged.
"Just open your eyes
lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:I don't think it was a real weeping angel. The Statue of Liberty is made primarily of copper, weeping angels are stone... Even their kids.

Which brings up another point: they have kids... A hallmark of biological reproduction. So, I think it's reasonable to say the weeping angels, as a species, don't include giant metal versions. I know there can be mutations and such, yeah... But I don't think mutations can cause a single member of the species to lose their wings, grow into a building-sized titan, and alter their primary defense mechanism to use copper with a heavy petina instead of stone.

But how do you know that this particular Statue of Liberty was indeed primarily copper? You don't, do you...

(I know, I know... It it was stone instead of metal, then it brings up all sorts of other questions, like how that much stone would fit on the pedestal and not sink it, or whether it was just a stone shell, etc. Plus the whole physics thing about movie monsters and sustainability...)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GlytchMeister wrote:I don't think it was a real weeping angel. The Statue of Liberty is made primarily of copper, weeping angels are stone... Even their kids.

Metal in its natural state is often found as a part of stone, though. What do you think metal ore is? So maybe a metal one is simply a more purified version of a stone one?

(I've never actually seen the episode. In fact, I've only ever seen three episodes of the show).
lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:Metal in its natural state is often found as a part of stone, though. What do you think metal ore is? So maybe a metal one is simply a more purified version of a stone one?
I like the way you think.
Catawampus wrote:(I've never actually seen the episode. In fact, I've only ever seen three episodes of the show).
They have the revived series on Netflix. They used to have some of the older ones, too, which I had added to my list, but they don't seem to have them, anymore. Or, at least, not in Canada...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
The Vervoids scared me more.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir