I have an awesome sister

A little corner to talk bra sizing, good places to shop, helpful blog links, all things body positive.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

I have an awesome sister

Post by DinkyInky »

I have a friend who is so close I call her my sister(and as marriage to siblings occur, also my SiL).

She is Curvy and full-figured. She recently sent me a package that had me going *squee* and dancing around my room Ala Risky Business.

She sent me a package that was stuffed full of bras. *puts a bag of poly-fil and a box of Kleenex into the pun vault*

I got three Curvy Kates, a Felina set, and a few that dummy me can't post about because I cut the tags off(they irritated my back). I had to get an extender on the few I mentioned because they were too snug.

The Curvy Kates felt like they were painted on(I had to get an extender on the one because it was a wee bit snug, despite the fact it had the same size as the other two).

After these minor alterations, they felt like Monica & Shelly did wearing the custom bras in Lydia's shoppe. I about felt like they did too, because with correct posture and proper support, I had so much more energy. To be even funnier, she even got me a sunflower and polka-dot Curvy Kate, and has never read Wapsi Square(an oversight I'm trying to remedy).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
PrettyPrincess

Re: I have an awesome sister

Post by PrettyPrincess »

So Jealous!! I would love to have a CurvyKate or two, but for now I have standard, boring, plain white. Eew.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

PrettyPrincess wrote:So Jealous!! I would love to have a CurvyKate or two, but for now I have standard, boring, plain white. Eew.
RL fall cleaning and allergies keeping me offline a bit...

Nothing wrong with plain white. All my running amok/daily bras are plain white comfy cotton blends. I've found to my horror that all of my exercise bras don't fit me anymore, so once I get my house cleaned up and winterized, I'm treating myself to some new ones so I can get rid of some unwanted visitors...I wonder if Curvy Kate makes exercise bras...one can never have too much comfort... That said, I love dressing up to visit family and such, as they've been noticing me doing the less slouchy thing.

I just need to be reminded to be careful going out in the sunflower one...:p
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

DinkyInky wrote:I just need to be reminded to be careful going out in the sunflower one...:p
NO, NO, no... going OUT is when you WANT to use the Sunflower one... it's when you go to WORK, that you have to be careful.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

scantrontb wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I just need to be reminded to be careful going out in the sunflower one...:p
NO, NO, no... going OUT is when you WANT to use the Sunflower one... it's when you go to WORK, that you have to be careful.
Or when you are going to visit the Bible Thumping relatives. The Sunflower one may put them into shock.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

scantrontb wrote:NO, NO, no... going OUT is when you WANT to use the Sunflower one... it's when you go to WORK, that you have to be careful.
My wee one is my job. Going out involves groceries and bill paying and parent teacher conferences. My wee one comes first, so I never did do the date scene after I became single...most guys don't appreciate that whole, "Yes, my wee one is tagging along. No, I am not getting a sitter. My wee one is part of the package. You don't like it, move along. 'These aren't the girls you're looking for. Move along.' ."
Mark N wrote:Or when you are going to visit the Bible Thumping relatives. The Sunflower one may put them into shock.
I don't have Bible thumping relatives, but we do get door-to-door Baptist "thumpers". Hmm, maybe I should wear it when I see them walk up. A few well-placed corpses with grins on their faces might deter them from visiting(I was raised Catholic, and for some reason they think it's their mission to "save" me).

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Mark N wrote:Or when you are going to visit the Bible Thumping relatives. The Sunflower one may put them into shock.
I don't have Bible thumping relatives, but we do get door-to-door Baptist "thumpers". Hmm, maybe I should wear it when I see them walk up. A few well-placed corpses with grins on their faces might deter them from visiting(I was raised Catholic, and for some reason they think it's their mission to "save" me).
You mean they haven't been able to explain to you that you're an idolator yet? :P I find the uber-conservative protestant stance on Catholicism amsuing.

I say you answer the door in just the sunflower bra next time they stop by. See how that goes. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:I say you answer the door in just the sunflower bra next time they stop by. See how that goes. :D
I recall a marvelous discussion we had earlier this year in the late lamented Comments section, about just this very issue... it was the day of Brandi's shower, when Shelly and Justin came over and Bud answered the door in her bathrobe. There were many excellent suggestions for ways to shock&awe unwanted visitors ;)

I do hope those old comments can be resurrected someday.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:You mean they haven't been able to explain to you that you're an idolator yet? :P I find the uber-conservative protestant stance on Catholicism amsuing.

I say you answer the door in just the sunflower bra next time they stop by. See how that goes. :D
Funny thing, that. They annoyed my brother one time(when he used to live here). He was running a game of 1602 A.D. with his sound system hooked up(Monica might like his speakers). He left it on auto for a bit to populate his city, and went to take a shower(I was at the grocers grabbing dinner items, and was unfortunately not here to witness the carnage).
They come pounding on the door like Mighty Heroes(it was a couple). He told me he peered out the side window, and seeing who it was, decided to prank them. He answers in a towel. They begin their spiel, and his towel begins to "slip". Just then, his game decides to make a sheep sound(the default for when livestock numbers increase). He ad-libs, "Can you hurry it up? I'm kinda busy." The guy covered the woman's eyes, and dragged her away from the house. :evil: Oh, and he also designed a keep-away for my ex's grandparents(both old and had pacemakers, and on oxygen). They had a horrible time of it because the Bible-thumpers would just walk on in and scare them to bits(they had VNA home hospice, so they couldn't keep the doors locked--not the same nurses consistently). My brother and my ex had fun. They both laid down on the sidewalk in awkward positions, and had "chalk" outlines drawn, and crime scene tape laid out. They then made lively rust coloured splatter all over in various spray patterns. Finally, they splattered various religious pamphlets that were generously donated by the various folk that came a-calling(they called his grandparents home hospice folks and let them in on the secret, so every nurse coming to the house wouldn't flip out). Needless to say they never came to the farm again. :twisted: :twisted:

I used to have a "welcome mat". It was oddly shaped and said, "This end towards enemy"...until my ex-roommates stole it, it kept them away rather nicely. Oh, Sunflower? Naaah, I already have a bunch of fan-boys hitting on me as-is. :roll: s I don't think I wanna give them a chance to get pictures...

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:You mean they haven't been able to explain to you that you're an idolator yet? :P I find the uber-conservative protestant stance on Catholicism amsuing.

Funny thing, that. They annoyed my brother one time(when he used to live here). He was running a game of 1602 A.D. with his sound system hooked up(Monica might like his speakers). He left it on auto for a bit to populate his city, and went to take a shower(I was at the grocers grabbing dinner items, and was unfortunately not here to witness the carnage).
They come pounding on the door like Mighty Heroes(it was a couple). He told me he peered out the side window, and seeing who it was, decided to prank them. He answers in a towel. They begin their spiel, and his towel begins to "slip". Just then, his game decides to make a sheep sound(the default for when livestock numbers increase). He ad-libs, "Can you hurry it up? I'm kinda busy." The guy covered the woman's eyes, and dragged her away from the house. :evil: Oh, and he also designed a keep-away for my ex's grandparents(both old and had pacemakers, and on oxygen). They had a horrible time of it because the Bible-thumpers would just walk on in and scare them to bits(they had VNA home hospice, so they couldn't keep the doors locked--not the same nurses consistently). My brother and my ex had fun. They both laid down on the sidewalk in awkward positions, and had "chalk" outlines drawn, and crime scene tape laid out. They then made lively rust coloured splatter all over in various spray patterns. Finally, they splattered various religious pamphlets that were generously donated by the various folk that came a-calling(they called his grandparents home hospice folks and let them in on the secret, so every nurse coming to the house wouldn't flip out). Needless to say they never came to the farm again. :twisted: :twisted:

I used to have a "welcome mat". It was oddly shaped and said, "This end towards enemy"...until my ex-roommates stole it, it kept them away rather nicely. Oh, Sunflower? Naaah, I already have a bunch of fan-boys hitting on me as-is. :roll: s I don't think I wanna give them a chance to get pictures...
I have an even more devious solution. I take there little religion, and twist it on themselves.

You see, I'm minoring in Comparative Religions. I grew up Christian, but currently I find Universalist Unitarian to be more my cuppa, which has also increased my exposure to a lot of different religious practices to fuel my hobby. So I'm at least familiar with most of the branches of religion which go door-to-door.

To the fundamentalist baptists who refuse to leave when politely told that if I want Jesus in my life, I can ask him myself, I certainly don't need your help thank you very much... I start pointing out some of the internal inconsistencies with Christianity. Namely: The entire concept of Christianity is a blatant violation of 1st and 2nd commandments and a direct contradiction of everything Jesus taught (not by my will, but by thine, oh lord), and that their intolerance to other religions is also a direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus (love thy neighbor). Occasionally, I even point out that most of the christian holidays are actually pagan rites that they have been performing for how long now? I've had more than one group leave my doorstep in tears.

To the Mormons, it is even easier. I ask how many people get to go to heaven. They spout off some number I can never remember. Then I ask how many Mormons have ever existed. I get a much larger number. Then I simply tell them I like my odds better with my current religion.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Back to the original topic. Something needs to change. Everyone around is so darned depressive, it's threatening to bring down my happy bubble. :roll: It's so dreary lately, I'm tempted to risk it .

I'm gonna go grocery shopping probably tomorrow while my wee one is in school, wear one of my little pick-me-up's from ZOMG Smells, the Sunflower and Polka-Dot paired with one of my favourite comfy sweaters, and dare someone to try that depressive crap around me. :evil: I freaking dare them! :twisted:

I can't figure out why Autumn makes everyone so moody. I love Autumn, with the gorgeous colours, and Winter, with the white blanket that makes everything so crisp, clean, and pretty. The fact that my allergies go away for a bit doesn't hurt either! :lol:

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave11

Re:

Post by Dave11 »

DinkyInky wrote:I can't figure out why Autumn makes everyone so moody. I love Autumn, with the gorgeous colours, and Winter, with the white blanket that makes everything so crisp, clean, and pretty. The fact that my allergies go away for a bit doesn't hurt either! :lol:
Seasonal Affective Disorder. Or, in layman's terms - not enough full-spectrum light exposure (from sunlight) causes depression. Since most people see the sun during their commutes, the shorter days mean less sunlight.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Julie

Re: Re:

Post by Julie »

Dave11 wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I can't figure out why Autumn makes everyone so moody. I love Autumn, with the gorgeous colours, and Winter, with the white blanket that makes everything so crisp, clean, and pretty. The fact that my allergies go away for a bit doesn't hurt either! :lol:
Seasonal Affective Disorder. Or, in layman's terms - not enough full-spectrum light exposure (from sunlight) causes depression. Since most people see the sun during their commutes, the shorter days mean less sunlight.
Well it's still anoying as hell! I'm with Dinky on this one. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons, and the depression and moping is grating on my nerves. That's why I've been wearing my pretty royal purple OSBH the past few days. It's not sunflowers and polka-dots, but it's pretty, and that's enough to make me happy and strut!
"Just open your eyes
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:Well it's still anoying as hell! I'm with Dinky on this one. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons, and the depression and moping is grating on my nerves. That's why I've been wearing my pretty royal purple OSBH the past few days. It's not sunflowers and polka-dots, but it's pretty, and that's enough to make me happy and strut!
Count yourself as lucky, Julie.

I don't suffer from SAD myself (I enjoy autumn and winter too), but my wife does and always has. She has a depressive down-turn every year when the days get short and the skies turn gray. Take her to a place where it's bright and clear (even if cold) and she perks right up again.

Bright lighting at the start of the day helps, but doesn't entirely relieve it.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dave wrote:Count yourself as lucky, Julie.

I don't suffer from SAD myself (I enjoy autumn and winter too), but my wife does and always has. She has a depressive down-turn every year when the days get short and the skies turn gray. Take her to a place where it's bright and clear (even if cold) and she perks right up again.

Bright lighting at the start of the day helps, but doesn't entirely relieve it.
Dave,
You might look into finding a full-spectrum lightbox (not sure if they're commercially available, you might need to talk to a medical professional) and getting it set up in a room that's used a lot in the morning (bathroom, kitchen/dining room for breakfast, etc). From what I remember, a half-hour first thing generally all but eliminates the effects of SAD.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave11 wrote:Dave,
You might look into finding a full-spectrum lightbox (not sure if they're commercially available, you might need to talk to a medical professional) and getting it set up in a room that's used a lot in the morning (bathroom, kitchen/dining room for breakfast, etc). From what I remember, a half-hour first thing generally all but eliminates the effects of SAD.
Yes, they do help - she has one and uses it during the winter. It's not a cure-all for her, unfortunately, but it does seem to be very beneficial.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:Well it's still anoying as hell! I'm with Dinky on this one. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons, and the depression and moping is grating on my nerves. That's why I've been wearing my pretty royal purple OSBH the past few days. It's not sunflowers and polka-dots, but it's pretty, and that's enough to make me happy and strut!
I need to make another road trip to Texas(we can go bra shopping, and I'll buy a you a vial of Lola and Girly Umbrella Drink from ZOMG's and we can smell awesome, and hopefully NOT stop traffic).

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Re:

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

For me, it's the weather.

Being a cancer survivor, I've got Real Battle Damage!(tm), most particularly a rather acute case of arthritis in pretty much every joint in my body. Cold + Wet = ShutDown. Glucosamine Condroitin + MSM was near miraculous in retarding the decay of my joints, but the damage has already been done.

Cold has never been my favorite temperature, it is now exceedingly less so. Hence why I love living in Texas so much. I can deal with 100+ degree weather days. 30's and below? Less so. I mean, Texas still has four seasons... April, Summer, Fall, and February (which sometimes starts in January and sometimes lasts as long as March).
Julie

Post by Julie »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I meanTexas still has four seasons... April, Summer, Fall, and February (which sometimes starts in January and sometimes lasts as long as March).
Best description of Texas seasons EVER. :)
"Just open your eyes
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

A better description of Texas weather: Tomorrow will be ____________. Day before yesterday I was in t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Tonight? Freeze warning.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!