Quick Fix-It's For Bra Emergencies

A little corner to talk bra sizing, good places to shop, helpful blog links, all things body positive.

Moderators: The Old Wolf, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Bookworm, Wapsi

Re: Quick Fix-It's For Bra Emergencies

Postby TazManiac » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 pm

(Tony Stark's protégé...)
TazManiac

Postby Catawampus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:41 pm

DinkyInky wrote:Why has nobody discussed using heavy plastic corset boning to replace the wires before wearing them? Tape the ends so they slide through, then remove and stitch closed.

Likely because some of us have a bit less experience with bra wiring and corset boning than others, and so have less idea of whether or not it would make any sort of good alternative. I would have expected it to be a problem to replace the wires with due to it having too different of a cross-section and thus not fitting into the space that the wires had been in.
Catawampus

Postby DinkyInky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Why has nobody discussed using heavy plastic corset boning to replace the wires before wearing them? Tape the ends so they slide through, then remove and stitch closed.

Likely because some of us have a bit less experience with bra wiring and corset boning than others, and so have less idea of whether or not it would make any sort of good alternative. I would have expected it to be a problem to replace the wires with due to it having too different of a cross-section and thus not fitting into the space that the wires had been in.
Mine is a bit wider, and a mesh. You cut it longer than needed, roll it, then tape the end with electricians friend, then slide it in place, pushing out the old wire(unless it's rusted, then you seam rip it open, remove all the rusted metal, wash it, press it, then fit it for the new boning, baste stitching it to hold it in place, then insert new boning, and machine stitch it closed), and stitch the end closed behind it.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Previous

Return to The Bra Lounge